• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
2020 Minecraft movie
I feel this may be the case...

"live-action!"

"blocky Overworld"

They should've just went with animation; they have some good animations. From what they said, it may just look strange; real people with blocks? The people are supposed to be blocks themselves...

Now...movies that are so bad they're good
Sonic the Hedgehog 2019 :troll:

(yes I'm aware the director confirmed they'll change the design, just having a little fun. Who knows what they'll actually do, though)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also if you complain about Leia's space flight bit, don't watch Rebels, they did that first.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I thought the Last Jedi was pretty good, not the most amazing thing in the world but I enjoyed it

I think I've actually liked Solo the most out of all the new sw films so far though, which is a little strange

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Well if you want to watch a movie where Luke becomes a degraded hermit who forgot all lessons he learned, Leia flying through space like Mary ******* Poppins, a useless character name Rose that gets most of the resistance killed because she selfishly saves some she loves who was willing to give up his life for many others, the killing off of a villain that was seemingly being built up to only to be killed early and Kyo Ren being the whiny emo ***** he is. Guess that's the movie for you then...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I will say the I believe The Last Jedi portrayed Luke faithfully. He was always flawed, and never completed true Jedi training. I don't understand why so many expected him to be the perfect Jedi all of a sudden.
probably because he ended up being super powerful in legends which was no longer canon, but people clinged to nonetheless

D

Deleted member

Well if you want to watch a movie where Luke becomes a degraded hermit who forgot all lessons he learned, Leia flying through space like Mary ******* Poppins, a useless character name Rose that gets most of the resistance killed because she selfishly saves some she loves who was willing to give up his life for many others, the killing off of a villain that was seemingly being built up to only to be killed early and Kyo Ren being the whiny emo ***** he is. Guess that's the movie for you then...
I wanted to watch a good Star Wars movie and that's exactly what I got
Leia flying through space like Mary ******* Poppins
Oh so when Yondu does it, it's badass but when it's Leia, it's weird.
View attachment 216509

Please tell me this is bait.

PLEASE @Shishœ TELL ME THIS IS BAIT
Just Because You Disagree With Something Doesn't Mean It's Bait

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I have never seen a man get so pissed at movies like good ol Mikey
I'm a man of my culture and a media buff. What do you expect. :p

Plus there's a few other reasons. To be funny and be like those YouTuber reviewers like AngryJoe, Nostalgia Critic, AVGN and my favorite movie reviewer RamboRaph4Life.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sometimes I feel like everyone hating on the Star Wars sequels seem to forget that the prequels exist too

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
While I agree with most of these points, pink haired lady and Rose added little to nothing to the story.

Had pink haired lady just told everyone her plans like an actual ****ing leader over half of the story wouldn't have happened. It's literally stupidity for the sake of plot.

Also, you know it's bad when the Director of the Last Jedi was canned for James Cameron to come back.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
No matter how weird the Minecraft movie may look, I must still watch it, even if it ends up being bad for reasons other than the strange choice of style it seems it will have.

It is my duty as a Minecraft fanboy.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm a man of my culture and a media buff. What do you expect. :p

Plus there's a few other reasons. To be funny and be like those YouTuber reviewers like AngryJoe, Nostalgia Critic, AVGN and my favorite movie reviewer RamboRaph4Life.
Buddy, I’m telling you this because I love you and I want you to be better.

It’s not that funny.

It comes off as if you’re just pissed, not comedically over exaggerated anger like those guys. Perhaps try and communicate the humorous intent better.

D

Deleted member

Alright to change the topic...

what is everyone's favorite movie in the Indiana Jones trilogy?

D

Deleted member

honestly the dumbest part of tlj was the lightspeed ram scene

it was a very pretty shot but couldn't they have done that earlier with some random droid they had lying around

and also why hasn't space combat devolved into just lightspeed ramming when it's apparently the strongest attack you can do

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Buddy, I’m telling you this because I love you and I want you to be better.

It’s not that funny.

It comes off as if you’re just pissed, not comedically over exaggerated anger like those guys. Perhaps try and communicate the humorous intent better.
Duty noted then. Can't make any promises though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why have a levelheaded discussion about the pros and cons of a film you didn't like when you can just rag on all of the things you didn't like over and over and over again?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
probably because he ended up being super powerful in legends which was no longer canon, but people clinged to nonetheless
Any of y'all remember that book series where Luke Skywalker runs a Jedi Academy and has a kid and the kid goes on adventures and **** and there's a kid who sense stuff with their feet?

That was my ****.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
While I agree with most of these points, pink haired lady and Rose added little to nothing to the story.

Had pink haired lady just told everyone her plans like an actual ****ing leader over half of the story wouldn't have happened. It's literally stupidity for the sake of plot.

Also, you know it's bad when the Director of the Last Jedi was canned for James Cameron to come back.
Rian has his own trilogy though.
They canned the Jurassic World director to get Abrams back, not Rian.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Why have a levelheaded discussion about the pros and cons of a film you didn't like when you can just rag on all of the things you didn't like over and over and over again?
Because being levelheaded means I can't display my gross ignorance about the film I don't like.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I feel like everyone hating on the Star Wars sequels seem to forget that the prequels exist too
The prequels gave us more memes and we all know the best measure of a movie's quality is based on how good it's memes are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom