• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Last Jedi felt empty to me, I guess it’s like Luke is gone so I really don’t care anymore in the sequel trilogy to be honest. Im not even angry or want to have arguments over the movie’s worth, I just feel disinterested now.

I guess if they’re is one thing I’m glad about the last Jedi is that it really made me analyze what I actually like about Star Wars.

Oh well the final Clone Wars season and the Mandalorian look interesting.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Question to everyone here? Was there a movie that was so bad it made you in physical pain and rendered you braindead?

That's what I got from The Emoji Movie and that was just five minutes until I had to stop watching. If I had watched anymore I probably would had stabbed a fork into one of my eyes because that's how bad it was.

Same with Rapsittie Street Kids: Believe in Santa.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Last Jedi is not a bad film but has issues, for me the main problem is a disconnect with the themes from TFA and the stuff that tries to make subversions to SW creating more problems that they are worth(Rey parents being nobodies is a great idea in theory but they kinda make her powers questionable).

Plus the themes of sacrifices in vain is kinda executed sloppily, as some situations kinda required them. Overall I liked it, but wish they handled things better.
Kung Pow is kind of intentionally horrible though so I don't know if it counts.
It still does its job, its unironically a film that makes me laugh due to the amount of stupid jokes fired constantly.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Question to everyone here? Was there a movie that was so bad it made you in physical pain and rendered you braindead?

That's what I got from The Emoji Movie and that was just five minutes until I had to stop watching. If I had watched anymore I probably would had stabbed a fork into one of my eyes because that's how bad it was.
I tried to watch the Emoji Movie with some friends on my sister's Netflix account (to mess it up) but legitimately couldn't make my finger press the button.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I tried to watch the Emoji Movie with some friends on my sister's Netflix account (to mess it up) but legitimately couldn't make my finger press the button.
At least you had it better then me because those first five minutes I experience felt like a fate worst then death.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Ice Age 5

Grew up on the movies so I felt obligated to see the last one (even though they’re probably making five more).

It just wasn’t entertaining in any real way, I barely remember it.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

RAPSITTIE KIDS IS THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST IN MOVIE FORM AND YOU KNOW IT.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I wasn't really keen on The Last Jedi myself, but even I thought it had it's moments.

Like, the throne room scene might be one of the best things to ever come out of the entire franchise

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ice Age 5

Grew up on the movies so I felt obligated to see the last one (even though they’re probably making five more).

It just wasn’t entertaining in any real way, I barely remember it.
Ditto on that. I also hated 4.

It baffles me what started off as a animated classic with a perfect balance of natural humor and drama degraded to a franchise resorting to fart jokes, toilet humor and pop culture references that also acts like the first film hadn't happened nor remember Roshan existed.

D

Deleted member

I mean I know a few who loved Venom.
Let people love movies, unless they are offensive.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Last Jedi felt empty to me, I guess it’s like Luke is gone so I really don’t care anymore in the sequel trilogy to be honest. Im not even angry or want to have arguments over the movie’s worth, I just feel disinterested now.

I guess if they’re is one thing I’m glad about the last Jedi is that it really made me analyze what I actually like about Star Wars.

Oh well the final Clone Wars season and the Mandalorian look interesting.
Nailed it. Being disappointed with a Star Wars movie isn't the end of the world and can even give you a larger perspective of the franchise because of it...

D

Deleted member

It still does its job, its unironically a film that makes me laugh due to the amount of stupid jokes fired constantly.
I'm not denying that it's funny as ****, me and my friends still quote it constantly, but IMO it's different from other So Bad It's Good movies because it was intentionally trying to shoot for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I am so glad they killed off Snoke.
What a garbage villain.

D

Deleted member

the worst part of tlj is when yoda didn't get convicted for his charges of drug cultivation and manufacturing

it was obvious that the jury was paid off

Iridium

Smash Hero

Seriously, mods are great.

Dragonball: Evolution for me.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Emoji Movie.

It was so bad, that it literally made me angry after watching it

That's pretty much never happened to me with any other film, ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I didn't HATE TLJ, but it just felt like Rian Roundhead Johnson had no vision. Things just happened for the sake of happening, all in the name of being a "subversive masterpiece".

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Movie so bad it gave me pain?

Avengers: Endgame

By the way, I get about 50 bucks for everyone who gets mad at me in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom