• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I have no idea why GOTG2 is so underrated? The only problem I have with it is the humor at parts.

D

Deleted member

Y'all need to stop watching CinemaSins, RLM and the like. They're a poison when it comes to film discussion.
You got a good point.
CinemaSins:
"Mary Sue Cliche"
+10 Sins
"This can should be blue, not pink! I HATE THIS COLOR!"
+10 sins

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

anyways my mcu rankings are actually pretty basic and cookie cutter besides the low placement of the ant-man movies, they're good but not as good as the other ones imo. however i will protect cassie
1. endgame
2. civil war
3. infinity war
4. winter soldier
5. thor ragnarok
6. guardians 2
7. black panther
8. homecoming
9. iron man
10. avengers 1
11. captain marvel
12. doctor strange
13. guardians 1
14. age of ultron (despite me ****ting on it all the time it's a decent movie)
15. ant-man & the wasp
16. ant-man
17. the first avenger
18. iron man 3
19. thor
20. iron man 2
21. the incredible hulk
22. the dark world

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got past the fifty hour mark in Persona 5! I've finished the fifth palace, though I have my doubts that I'll be able to complete the social links in the time that I have left. (I haven't even been able to start with Haru or the gun shop owner)

Still, most of my social stats are at four stars (I need to level up Guts and Proficiency, since they're currently at level 3), and (if Smash is any indication) I have all of the party members, so this seems to be going well.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Shiny: Gwen has better taste than everyone
Gwen: *rates GotG2 low*

AreYouSureAboutThat.gif

D

Deleted member

MCU solo movies ranking
1: Black Panther
2: Spider-Man Homecoming
3: Both Guardians of the Galaxy
4: Captain Marvel
5: The other ones I watched
6: The two Thor ones I watched. They know who they are
7: The Incredible Hulk
tbh adjusting for inflation can also be disingenuous at times

back then movies did NOT come out very often, so **** stayed in theaters for a long-*** time

plus gwtw had like 5 rereleases too
Shut up and lemme meme, MemeSins

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
though I have my doubts that I'll be able to complete the social links in the time that I have left.
Trust me you won't.

But hey, try to max out the ones at almost max and then see which super powerful broken Persona they get you.

D

Deleted member

I am unfamiliar with the word "Mary Sue".
All I know what it is is that it means a perfect female character.
Why is there so much speculation about this? I am just curious. Can someone explain to me?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why is there so much speculation about this? I am just curious. Can someone explain to me?
That's not... what speculation means.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
black panther is the best mcu movie and spiderverse might be the best superhero movie i've ever seen, but both could still be better (black panther makes the black revolutionary the bad guy and the white cia dude the good guy because gotta get that military propaganda in your hollywood flicks, and although spiderverse is extremely well constructed+entertaining and has an amazing aesthetic and i hope people imitate it, it has a mostly standard action plot and not a ton going on thematically). if you think they're overrated then whether i agree with you depends on if you think they go too far or not far enough
In fairness, Everett Ross is a fairly important supporting character from what is considered to be one of the greatest Black Panther comic runs of all time. If he were made into a villain or excluded outright, I think it's feel off.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly I think you're afraid Ragnarok stole GotG's thunder which is why you hate it so much. We have Iron Man and Magic Iron Man in the same franchise, both can co-exist
No I hated Thor: Ragnarok because of its overuse excess of forced cringey humor. Guardians and Guardians 2 didn't have as much of that. Plus given the movie was about the end of a civilization makes it more out of place and nothing to joke about.

Noipoi

Howdy!
A Mary Sue is a character with zero flaws that’s poorly written, usually in fanfics.

It’s been adopted by people to describe female characters they don’t like.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's basically a buzzword to undermine female characters. Including "Rey is a mary sue!" Despite how she struggled in Force Awakens, clumsy scrapped the spaceship when flying and is flawed yet Luke who's super special doesn't get the same criticism despite being untrained in spaceship fighting and taking out the Death Star

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
From Wikipedia:
A Mary Sue is an idealized and seemingly perfect fictional character. Often, this character is recognized as an author insert or wish fulfillment.[1] They can usually perform better at tasks than should be possible given the amount of training or experience, and usually are able through some means to upstage the main protagonist of an established fictional setting, such as by saving the hero..."Marty Stu", "Gary Sue", or "Larry Stu" are alternative names given to this trope, when the same wish-fulfillment aspect is applied to male characters.[14][15]
Essentially, a Mary Sue/Gary Sue is a hallmark of bad writing, hence why it's discussed (not speculated) so often when it appears.

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Yeah, we should have the white CIA guy try to incite global war for the minorities.
the problem is exactly that: killmonger is written as the only representative of oppressed black people outside of wakanda's bubble, but he's also written as the guy who does most of the evil things. the events of the movie aren't immutable facts, the writers decided to portray things this way

(of course i still really like black panther for touching on this stuff in the first place, it just isn't perfect at it)

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Basically it refers to a character, not specifically female, that in the context of the narrative is overpowered and the universe basically bends to their will. Not literally but everything in the narrative revolves around and caters to their ideals, goals, etc. Often they can be self-inserts of the creator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom