• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Shiny...

1. That was an SMT3 reference.
2. This is just a fun little gimmick to lean into being pranked.
3. Chill out with referencing Gwen saying I'm the biggest weeb when that's demonstratably untrue. Also, chill out with referencing Gwen in general.
Oh, I hope that was not too insulting.
I am very sorry.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
you've donye it

you've finyawwy ****ing donye it

you bwoke me

thewe was nyo owo in existence wawge enyough to expwess my emotions wight nyow

it has seeped out

spwead out

i can't contwow it, can't keep it containyed

we
awe
owo
faygo deader than Titanic's #2 spot rn

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So she wants Xenoblade?
Xenoblade has that on top of HOURS of world building and plot due to being an RPG, not to mention it tends to be more serious. Sonic's like an arcade game where you constantly replay it to get a new high score by finding new routes similar to Star Fox. Plus she's stated that she doesn't enjoy RPGs too much in the past

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
because you dont need intense lore to have a good crossover game like all the other companies are trying to push

there doesn't have to be a reason why the avengers and a random assortment of capcom characters meet, they're just there
She isn't asking for deep lore.
Just basic ass interactions like the intros, outros and victory screens in UMvC3 and BBTAG

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Xenoblade has that on top of HOURS of world building and plot due to being an RPG, not to mention it tends to be more serious. Sonic's like an arcade game where you constantly replay it to get a new high score by finding new routes similar to Star Fox. Plus she's stated that she doesn't enjoy RPGs too much in the past
So she wants Bandersnatch?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Plot really depends on how it's done but I feel SnakeFighter's not wording her point too well. What she wants is a story where characters interact with each other quite a bit, which Sonic games do but not all too many of Nintendo's franchises do. Mario's deliberately simplistic, Kirby's lore is surprisingly deep but there's no character interaction, Metroid's lore is deep and is found either through scanning **** or environmental story telling, etc. Somebody did bring up Star Fox which I feel is the closest comparison due to the teammates talking to each other. Have that with more banter alongside Sonic firing quips at Eggman during boss fights like usual and it's fine.

Also how the hell is Smash the biggest crossover in gaming but it barely has characters interact with each other
Thank you! That’s it!

Also, Subspace Emissary 2 please. Even if it’s DLC, I won’t mind.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
avi_peeking_post.png
Aight fam I'm back on the comp with my mental **** back in the upright position, what's the topic of conver-

Oh.

Oh my.

It's this?

I, uh. I think I'm gonna do something more relaxing.

avi_nope.gif

Like S-rank the Classic Sonic Forces levels with a Rock Band drumkit.

That said I wholeheartedly approve this message.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Im still shocked that Celica didnt make it to the base roster as an echo of Robin. Not only is she the first fe character to use both swords and magic but shes was also the number one voted female character at the cyl poll.
Celica's first place ranking happened after the roster was decided. I don't know about her being an echo. I see Celica having more going for her. I could accept semiclone.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just basic *** interactions like the intros, outros and victory screens in UMvC3 and BBTAG
they do have that for in-universe interactions like in Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox.

because, y'know, they actually know each other

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Im still shocked that Celica didnt make it to the base roster as an echo of Robin. Not only is she the first fe character to use both swords and magic but shes was also the number one voted female character at the cyl poll.
Ehhhhhhh I mean, Celica and Robin don't really fight the same way at all. She casts spells freehand instead of by tome, her game explicitly doesn't have a durability mechanic, her swordplay is very different (with her fighting with a more graceful style while Robin takes a cumbersome and untrained approach), and Robin's stats in Smash wouldn't really fit her. They both use swords and magic, but they're as different from each other as Marth and Ike are.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Thank you! That’s it!

Okay, we didn't properly understand you but do you realise you've basically been insulting every big Nintendo franchise, on a forum about a Nintendo Game? (Even if it's unintentional)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
they do have that for in-universe interactions like in Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox.

because, y'know, they actually know each other
She's asking for it between franchises because that's part of the appeal of a crossover
How are you so obtuse.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So she wants Bandersnatch?
The **** is Bandersnatch?
Thank you! That’s it!

I mean that's quite a big thing for DLC but yeah Smash really should have characters get winquotes at the end of matches in dialogue boxes. Would take quite some effort but goddamn would it help make the experience so much more enjoyable. I'm still pissed that the MHA fighting game localization didn't even bother putting subtitles for the pre-battle and win quotes because they didn't even dub it meaning the main appeal of these kinds of game flat-out doesn't exist

D

Deleted member

What is an example of a great game with extremely deep lore and a fantastic story?
The lore being like being deeper than the Mariana Trench?
I like lore and story.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ehhhhhhh I mean, Celica and Robin don't really fight the same way at all. She casts spells freehand instead of by tome, her game explicitly doesn't have a durability mechanic, her swordplay is very different (with her fighting with a more graceful style while Robin takes a cumbersome and untrained approach), and Robin's stats in Smash wouldn't really fit her. They both use swords and magic, but they're as different from each other as Marth and Ike are.
What do you mean Ike and Marth aren't clones, they both have counters and blue hair!

D

Deleted member

The end of Odyssey on the moon was pretty dramatic; it was like a soap opera. I was on the edge of my damn seat like, "Who will Peach choose???"
Imo i found that ending to be extremely bad. Like not only
Good point.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
She's asking for it between franchises because that's part of the appeal of a crossover
How are you so obtuse.
If that's your appeal of a crossover then it's only yours, chief.

I'm not buying Smash Bros to see how :ulttoonlink: and :ultkrool: interact. I'm here to beat **** up.

D

Deleted member

Just basic *** interactions like the intros, outros and victory screens in UMvC3 and BBTAG
tbh it's pretty hard to do that when you have like

a billion characters

would be pretty cool though

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
The **** is Bandersnatch?

I mean that's quite a big thing for DLC but yeah Smash really should have characters get winquotes at the end of matches in dialogue boxes. Would take quite some effort but goddamn would it help make the experience so much more enjoyable. I'm still pissed that the MHA fighting game localization didn't even bother putting subtitles for the pre-battle and win quotes because they didn't even dub it meaning the main appeal of these kinds of game flat-out doesn't exist
I think it's been discussed here before, but Smash Bros takes a Billion Times more effort to make than most fighters that have these interactions.

Yes, I would freaking LOVE to have that, but the game is amazing as it is and disliking it because doesn't have that Just seems petty. You play Fighters for the gameplay

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Subspace 2?

Just make a movie special and spare me the seven hour nonsense

D

Deleted member

I have no idea how that double post happened. I wanted to scratch that first comment.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So I need to tell SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 to buy Uprising a second time?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel as if Mario is all over the place with character interactions. In games like Mario Sunshine, Galaxy 1&2, Odyssey, there's always an abundance of characters that are always interacting with each other, like FLUDD, Cappy, Rosalina and the Lumas, through dialouges and actions.

But then you get to the 2D games, 3D Land and 3D World and you see that characters barely talk to each other, and have next to no interactions.

Ironically, the spinoffs do a FAR better job with giving character interactions. Dark Moon's ending, and the Gamecube-Early Wii Mario Sports games are prime examples.

D

Deleted member

Subspace 2?

Just make a movie special and spare me the seven hour nonsense
"Nonsense"?
I will defend Subspace until the day I die.
It was fantastic, except I do understand why people are unhappy with the lack of game references, but that is fine.
It was really fun getting the characters and going through different enemies and levels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Smash really should have characters get winquotes at the end of matches in dialogue boxes.
you can do that if you can over-come the challenges of :ultdoc::ultmario::ultluigi::ulticeclimbers::ultmiifighters::ultlink::ultkirby::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultpokemontrainer::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda: either having simple dialogue or no dialogue to generate at all

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I think it's been discussed here before, but Smash Bros takes a Billion Times more effort to make than most fighters that have these interactions.

Yes, I would freaking LOVE to have that, but the game is amazing as it is and disliking it because doesn't have that Just seems petty. You play Fighters for the gameplay
I'm aware but just let these characters interact more. It's why I like the Codecs and Guidances, because hey, at least it's something

Oh I'm specifically talking about MHA: One's Justice about me disliking it, again, the localization was disgustingly barebones for what's currently one of the biggest hits in the anime/manga industry

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Depends on the game.

If I'm playing Phoenix Wright, hell yeah I expect the story to be good, because it ties in directly to the gameplay.

If I'm playing Cuphead I don't expect much in the way of complexity about a character with drinkwear for a head.
Alright, fair point.

I was just mostly referring to game's where the main appeal is the gameplay and the fun factor and where narrative really wasn't supposed to be the main focus in the first place.

But yes, some games like visual novels and such should have a good narrative as it does connect to the gameplay.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I remember people **** talking Subspace a LOT back in the day and it was definitely Smash's best example of the characters interacting.

I STILL wish they would've done Subspace again. I know it likely never will but it'd satiate that feeling that the characters don't interact.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's the entire point of a crossover bub
The whole point is seeing all sorts of things mesh together and interact.
Smash doesn't go deep enough with that.

tbh it's pretty hard to do that when you have like

a billion characters

would be pretty cool though
Marvel 3 had nearly 60 or so characters, I think the challenge is moreso in that some characters literally can't say a thing nor have a partner for them to say something for them.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I'm not buying Smash Bros to see how :ulttoonlink: and :ultkrool: interact. I'm here to beat **** up.
The characters are what draws people to the game in the first place. Crossovers should, in theory, allow them to interact. It's not hard to understand.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's the entire point of a crossover bub
The whole point is seeing all sorts of things mesh together and interact.
Smash doesn't go deep enough with that.
The appeal of Smash was to see nintendo characters beat the **** out of each other, and it's been doing that for 20 years strong.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I guess in that sense, Robin at the least could serve as a base for Celica as like a semi-clone then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom