• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I want a plot. I want the characters to talk to each other. I want it to feel like a cartoon when I’m playing. I don’t want mostly text based dialogue with weird pseudo-Banjo noises and maybe 2 actual cutscenes.
Im sorry for saying this but then go play a sony game. They do tons of character interactions

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How do I fix my signature, or is it the site's fault?
The ones that are broken are not .png, or .anything except for bmp.
Find images that are .png or .jpeg to add on to your signature.
Press "Open link in new tab" if you want to see the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Im sorry for saying this but then go play a sony game
Can you get them to make more Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, and Ape Escape please. Because unless someone brings those franchises back I have to come here to get new platformers.

Plus, we were specifically talking about the idea of a Nintendo developed Sonic game. I was illustrating why I think it’s a bad idea that wouldn’t fig the franchise.

D

Deleted member

I want a plot. I want the characters to talk to each other. I want it to feel like a cartoon when I’m playing. I don’t want mostly text based dialogue with weird pseudo-Banjo noises and maybe 2 actual cutscenes.
I mean, even if it's just text, the characters are interacting with each other. It may not be grandiose or expensive CG cutscenes, but a story is still being told.

D

Deleted member

The ones that are broken are not .png, or .anything ( Besides .bmp, that does not work. )
Find images that are .png or .jpeg to add on to your signature.
Press "Open link in new tab" if you want to see the link.
I have no idea what that means

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Can you get them to make more Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Sly Cooper, and Ape Escape please. Because unless someone brings those franchises back I have to come here to get new platformers.

Plus, we were specifically talking about the idea of a Nintendo developed Sonic game. I was illustrating why I think it’s a bad idea that wouldn’t fig the franchise.
seeinng how those are sony exclusive, thats never happening

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, even if it's just text, the characters are interacting with each other. It may not be grandiose or expensive CG cutscenes, but a story is still being told.
A story with very little effort being put into it. To the point they might as well not have it.

We all know Shigeru Miyamoto has something against stories, and arguably depth, in video games.

seeinng how those are sony exclusive, thats never happening
I don’t even understand your point. You tell me to go play Sony games and then you tell me they’re never making any more of those games. What are you suggesting Pump? That I just don’t play video games?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have no idea what that means
See this?
That Boshi icon works, because it is a .png image.
.png png.PNG
See this broken image?
AHHHH AWORK.PNG
This does not have a .png on it. Make sure the image has a .png on it or .anything that relates to an image besides .bmp.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
A story with very little effort being put into it. To the point they might as well not have it.

We all know Shigeru Miyamoto has something against stories, and arguably depth, in video games.
Clarify this for me: Are you saying not animating cutscenes equals not putting effort into the story or are you saying you actually don't like the story of...
I was gonna put a specific example here but you seem to be Waving away every single example people have given you

D

Deleted member

That's completely irrelevant to the point I was making
so what exactly is your point here besides "people shouldn't be making memes about stuff because it's not constructive" because people are gonna meme everything in existence fam

people are going to express their general dislike towards the design with their funny images, and i'm sure there's plenty of focus groups, test audiences, and people online to tell them what exactly they don't like about the design

memes are inevitable

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Miyamoto is fascinating because he did help shape Nintendo to what they are today but his ideas are very outdated lately with the idea that Paper Mario, beloved for the writing, shouldn't have a focus on the writing. Colour Splash was a step in the right direction but it was on the Wii U and people didn't believe they'd address criticisms

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Clarify this for me: Are you saying not animating cutscenes equals not putting effort into the story or are you saying you actually don't like the story of...
I was gonna put a specific example here but you seem to be Waving away every single example people have given you
I’m specifically talking about Mario Odyssey and the First Splatoon.

I’m saying a combination of both.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don’t even understand your point. You tell me to go play Sony games and then you tell me they’re never making any more of those games. What are you suggesting Pump? That I just don’t play video games?
Oh I think I read that wrong, were you saying make SONY make more of those games? My bad, yeah, idk why they arent making those games anymore. I think its mostly because they went away from the direction. So unless they wanna go back to platformers, everyone is stuck with story drived tps's

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
so what exactly is your point here besides "people shouldn't be making memes about stuff because it's not constructive" because people are gonna meme everything in existence fam

people are going to express their general dislike towards the design with their funny images, and i'm sure there's plenty of focus groups, test audiences, and people online to tell them what exactly they don't like about the design

memes are inevitable
you're missing the point, faygo

memes must be constructive towards a better society

observe

1557075241402.png
1557075245706.png

the phantom sisters, kassak and umiimu

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh Inthink I read that wrong, werw you saying make SONY make more of those games? My bad, yeah, idk why they arent making those games anymore. I think its mostly because they went away from the direction
Yes. I was.

Hopefully the success of Crash and Spyro and the hopeful success of MediEvil gets them to dip their toe back into those beloved IPs.

D

Deleted member

You do realize Miyamoto isn't responsible for every Nintendo game, right?

Also, saying things like Majora's Mask or TTYD are low effort stories is a bit much. Writing something off because it's told through text is writing off a lot of good stories.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Mario's story isn't amazing or detailed, but there's still a story being told. Odyssey and Galaxy had a lot of love put into it in terms of storytelling.
Zelda, Metroid, and Star Fox are in the same boat.

Games like Kirby, DK, and Pokemon don't need a big story because they are designed to be accessible games and have cartoonish characters.

Paper Mario also had fantastic stories game 1 to 3 to go along with its music and gameplay.

Xenoblade Chronicles was like any other modern game with its story.

Nintendo games aren't as plot-driven as other companies but say there's none or little is off the mark.

edit: Miyamoto games only? His range is limited and sometimes outdated, but he was and is capable of delivering something with mainline Mario and Pikmin

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some characters i'd want in smash are:
Waluigi
Wario with a moveset based on Wario Land
Hades
Medusa
Travis touchdown
Celica
Always nice to see Celica Gang still hanging on.
Also you should totally post in the Celica thread.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I’m specifically talking about Mario Odyssey and the First Splatoon.

I’m saying a combination of both.
Allright, neither of these games was really made for the story. I think your wish for a story heavy platformer is oddly specific

D

Deleted member

Like, take Mario Odyssey. They didn’t write a plot. Nothing happens in each kingdom. You just go there, get the thing, and leave. There are no arcs, no journey is gone on. There’s no drama.
'Cause that isn't the point of the game.

You're not playing for story, you're playing to have fun jumping around and exploring as Mario.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm setting here watching peoples talking how Nintendo should have a bigger focus on the story of their games.

Bro, do I need to talk with you about the KIRBY LORE?!?!

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Like, take Mario Odyssey. They didn’t write a plot. Nothing happens in each kingdom. You just go there, get the thing, and leave. There are no arcs, no journey is gone on. There’s no drama.
You want drama in a Mario game?

Just simply does not belong there.

Play Zelda, Star Fox, Metroid, Xenoblade, or Fire Emblem for that. Not Mario, DK, or Kirby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom