• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Not to derail this conversation about sonic but what are some characters you wanna see in smash?
A few off the top of my head:
-Ryu Hayabusa
-Nightmare (Soulcalibur)
-Banjo-Kazooie
-Rayman
-Shantae

The weirdest thing about live-action sonic to me is how his hands have white fur as if he was wearing gloves

I don't hate it or anything, it just seems comical
I kinda wish they would go with some parkour/fitness gloves.

D

Deleted member

The animations are stunning and all but what was REALLY good about Mania is how ****ing good the new Zones were. Studiopolis, Press Garden, Mirage Saloon Act 2 with Knuckles and Titanic Monarch were ****ing amazing
I mean the animations they released on Twitter.
Also, I really loved the stages.
I really liked Press Garden Zone, Studiolopos and Stardust Speedway Zone.
And Sonic looks really polished too. I like how he is light blue and he shines.

D

Deleted member

It's been like 2 months and I just realized my signature is broken ughhhhhh

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
what are you talking about, he's completely right

if a sega character makes and owns a game, then legally that game also falls under sega's ownership
give me one sega character named notch

D

Deleted member

The fact that literally half of these are the MCU is proof it's the biggest movie franchise period. Isn't Captain Marvel a few spots below the top 10 too?
it's number 24 but it's still climbing

i think that with endgame's help it'll soon push past return of the king

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
For now I think Classic and Modern should be kept separate aside from spinoff titles unless they’re able to come up with a justifiable story reason otherwise.

So Lost World then?
Is that game worth playing? I never picked it up.

Also, if I were to actually buy a copy of Forces for my collection, which would be the best version to buy?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Not to derail this conversation about sonic but what are some characters you wanna see in smash?
Regardless of odds:
Celica
Crash Bandicoot
Henry Fleming
Waluigi
Caeda
Decidueye
Merric
Lara Croft
Captain Toad

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You’re in for a great time!

You know, I just thought of something. Artsy Omni of Smashified game once speculated on what a Sonic game developed by Nintendo would look like. I kind of wonder what that would be too.

Probably a Sonic that feels too much like a Nintendo game.
As a Splatoon fan, hmm, I dunno. I'm kind of 50/50 on that.

A Sonic game that was made by people that hate Sonic and think anyone could make a better Sonic game would 100% end up as a Sonic game that feels too much like a Nintendo game, though, at least judging by the pitches the world has been subjected to.

Which thinking on it may say something about the mindset of those types of people. Guess the 90's never die.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
homie see this is your issue

you can't just diss other people's complaints as not valid

i don't like the blue arms
a whole lot of other people don't like the blue arms
i don't like the shoes
a whole lot of other people don't like the shoes

you can't act as if these points are unvalid and illegitimate just because of your own personal fondness or apathy towards them

it's all subjective, and i get that, and i'm not trying to force anything on you if you like the design

all i'm saying is that you should understand that not every take that goes against your own is a bad take
They definitely aren't valid points. Uncanny valley is very subjective. He's in motion. They're personal dislikes. A valid criticism isn't simply a dislike, they're actual points to fix a character up. Which what you listed beyond the teeth weren't. I can dismiss bad points. And when I explain why they're bad, they're aren't being dissed whatsoever. They're being told why they aren't a problem. Non-valid criticisms is literally just saying "it's not really a problem overall".

Nobody should have to like the design of course. But it's still an exaggeration of the issue as well.

You shouldn’t view people opinions on something as minuscule as media as “valid.” Everyone has their own opinions. Respect that.
I do respect them. That isn't what being a valid criticism means. Valid criticism is an actual point that's thought out. Most of these are not thought-out statements. They're just "I hate this design". And they have a right to hate the design. That doesn't mean it's a valid criticism. Complaining and Criticism are not the same thing whatsoever. There's a reason why I just prefer to call it obnoxious whining, since that's what it when the term complaining comes up. There had been actual criticism(which isn't pointless hatred, but bringing the points up in a thoughtful manner).

The memes are the exact opposite of bringing it up in a thoughtful manner. They literally have no actual real message to send beyond "I hate this". Criticism is about taking something and explaining the issue. Healthy criticism is explaining the issue without being a jerk about it. I'd put myself more under regular Criticism considering my wording was poor, admittedly. But I won't lie about my behavior. No point in doing that. I can understand where people get the idea I don't respect their opinions. It's more I don't see a reason to take a lot of these points into account for a redesign. Gloves, teeth, maybe shoes, those are the design issues that matter in the movie. The rest is more personal fluff that are far more subjective instead.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think that game still holds up very well today.

Unpopular opinion but I enjoyed both day and night stages immensely.
I think the Werehog was perfectly fine tbh
The night stages were very good beat 'em up levels.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Ok, I confess.

I knew I was sassing for my part with the alone bit. That's silly to think in the middle of an active discussion amongst fans.

But over the minutes since it's kinda gotten a little too real for me for unrelated reasons.

Successfully made myself sad first thing after waking up. Hooray. If anyone needs me I'll be clutching a pillow in the corner.

Don't worry about me too far though; should snap out of it in a minute. Talking about it helps, hence the post.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
They definitely aren't valid points. Uncanny valley is very subjective. He's in motion. They're personal dislikes. A valid criticism isn't simply a dislike, they're actual points to fix a character up. Which what you listed beyond the teeth weren't. I can dismiss bad points. And when I explain why they're bad, they're aren't being dissed whatsoever. They're being told why they aren't a problem. Non-valid criticisms is literally just saying "it's not really a problem overall".

Nobody should have to like the design of course. But it's still an exaggeration of the issue as well.

I do respect them. That isn't what being a valid criticism means. Valid criticism is an actual point that's thought out. Most of these are not thought-out statements. They're just "I hate this design". And they have a right to hate the design. That doesn't mean it's a valid criticism. Complaining and Criticism are not the same thing whatsoever. There's a reason why I just prefer to call it obnoxious whining, since that's what it when the term complaining comes up. There had been actual criticism(which isn't pointless hatred, but bringing the points up in a thoughtful manner).

The memes are the exact opposite of bringing it up in a thoughtful manner. They literally have no actual real message to send beyond "I hate this". Criticism is about taking something and explaining the issue. Healthy criticism is explaining the issue without being a jerk about it. I'd put myself more under regular Criticism considering my wording was poor, admittedly. But I won't lie about my behavior. No point in doing that. I can understand where people get the idea I don't respect their opinions. It's more I don't see a reason to take a lot of these points into account for a redesign. Gloves, teeth, maybe shoes, those are the design issues that matter in the movie. The rest is more personal fluff that are far more subjective instead.
Even if it’s being a jerk, their opinions are still thought out. They hate it for valid reasons. Just because they don’t state their reasons doesn’t mean they don’t have them.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I am curious about your taste, what is your favorite game of all time?
If you can not name one, name a game that you love.
Xenoblade Chronicles 1

Ha, maybe they would've been good beat em up levels if the frames didn't drop to the single digits.
That's an issue with the engine and hardware, not the levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom