• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Someone who gives fair reviews on Sonic games? Whatttt?
Kiiiiiiinda depends. His reviews on Lost World and Forces are pretty harsh, but IMO they're harsh reviews that are kind of deserved given the games so I'm alright with it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
A mediocre design with bad teeth is all I ever saw, honestly. Cause really, that and the gloves were the only thing truly wrong with it. I don't see any need for perfection whatsoever and don't consider that a criteria to have a serviceable movie either. They need to look good in motion(which Sonic does just fine). I don't have a perfection complex when it comes to what media I watch. I just want to enjoy something. And so far, the movie looks very enjoyable to me.

That says absolutely nothing. The screenstills are rather dumb at portraying the point since he's supposed to be in motion. Hell, the Nike shoes look actually good in that shot like they don't have shoelaces(which was one of the few valid points). In fact, that's a screenstill that doesn't look awful anyway. Ironically so in this scenario.

If people aren't willing to explain the problem, it's not worth listening to.

Half of what you said weren't even valid points. Who gives a **** about the blue arms? They're a normal thing for him and have been for ages. That's just pointless nostalgia that does not matter. It's one of the non-valid criticisms that's been around for ages. All the more reason it should be kept because it doesn't legitimately matter. The uncanny valley looks looks the exact same as everything in Detective Pikachu to me, so I don't see why that should matter. And I honestly have seen the designs and many of them are offputting to me, really. He's not his exact proportions, but still flows fine in motion, so it's not all that important(besides, he's not always chubby/smaller in the games, and a bit more lankier sometimes. Still the same character). The shoes aren't ****ty either. They're fine. The teeth are the only valid point you even listed right there. Now if you mean using a pair that doesn't have laces, that's a good point. It being a brand name? And? You really think they're going to do a Sonic movie and not use a brand name for a pair of shoes? That's just basic business practice. Sonic also had brand-name shoes in Adventure 2 to show off the new grinding mechanic, the SOAP shoes. It's happened before. Unless you're saying every shoe change in the games are bad too, then it's not honestly bad here.

(That said, I don't have time to reply much anymore beyond this. I have like zero days off and am severely overworked. I'm still going to call out bad points when they come up, and I stand entirely that there are few legitimate points against the Sonic movie that has come up. And with barely 3 points against Sonic's design(lack of gloves, shoelaces, bad teeth) that make a lot of sense to change, I'll probably just have to repeat them over and over again. Though the one thing that'll be pleasing is if they just change these 3 things and leave everything else be. A passable design is all that's actually needed to make a movie. No reason to throw it on a high pedestal, after all. No movie should ever be thrown that high either. No matter what. There's always a reason behind these designs and developments, after all. And so far, I actually expected a very bad design. I got a mediocre one, and that's with the teeth included. So I'm still quite happy they pulled off something passable as is).
You shouldn’t view people opinions on something as minuscule as media as “valid.” Everyone has their own opinions. Respect that.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I heard that they spent most of their development time on the actual engine and only like one year on the game itself as well as hired people with little to no game development experience to work on it.
That was.... dumb. Hopefully the next Sonic gets back on track. I love the little dude and I love the sense of speed I get while playing the games. Just keep Classic Sonic out of modern style games. Leave him to Team Mania.

D

Deleted member

The only Sonic games I played were Colors and Mania.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I should mention it's a closed porch and not an open-air one, lol. Most of the things I bought yesterday were canned stuff, since I was running low on stuff and was working on a budget. Tuna, hash, pineapple rings, that kinda stuff. Opossums don't eat through cans, but I forgot about the bread.
I just had this mental image of you sticking a loaf of bread under the wooden grate of a porch onto a pile of dirt while a couple of opossums just kinda gawked and looked at each other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay, out of curiosity, what are people here's thoughts on SA1 VS. SA2? I personally prefer SA1, although I replay SA2 more for the Chao Garden.

D

Deleted member

The teeth are the only valid point you even listed right there
homie see this is your issue

you can't just diss other people's complaints as not valid

i don't like the blue arms
a whole lot of other people don't like the blue arms
i don't like the shoes
a whole lot of other people don't like the shoes

you can't act as if these points are unvalid and illegitimate just because of your own personal fondness or apathy towards them

it's all subjective, and i get that, and i'm not trying to force anything on you if you like the design

all i'm saying is that you should understand that not every take that goes against your own is a bad take

D

Deleted member

That was.... dumb. Hopefully the next Sonic gets back on track. I love the little dude and I love the sense of speed I get while playing the games. Just keep Classic Sonic out of modern style games. Leave him to Team Mania.
People like Classic Sonic, and a lot of Sonic fans would be confused if he just suddenly never appeared in a 3D Sonic game again.
It would upset the Modern Sonic fans, too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's not dumb at all honestly. I'd have prefered an extra game to look forward to but the new engine isn't bad. When people go "WOW THIS ENGINE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ACTUAL SONIC GAMES" they fail to realize that the fan engines are purely made for testing grounds, whereas the official ones do the same thing to test the physics and how Sonic reacts to stuff

Also yeah absolutely nobody cared about Classic Sonic despite how obviously he was shoehorned in to try to make Classic fans care

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just had this mental image of you sticking a loaf of bread under the wooden grate of a porch onto a pile of dirt while a couple of opossums just kinda gawked and looked at each other.
Porch Bread, the long-awaited follow-up to Wall Chicken.

D

Deleted member

Also, some potential stuff for Marvel Phase 4 has leaked, beware. Basically, a twitter account back in December tweeted a whole bunch of stuff about Endgame that all turned out to be true, stuff that was very specific too,and also tweeted about some MCU stuff going forward.
The account said that:
Feige has discussed films for Ms Marvel and the Power Pack but they're being heavily discussed as multi season shows on Disney+
The Black Knight is being discussed heavily internally, with Marvel seeing him as a potential New Avenger capable of having his own film and potentially a trilogy
Marvel has big plans for Zemo, Ghost, Justin Hammer, General Ross, and the Abomimation, and The Leader is being discussed as the main villain of The Thunderbolts, which is a planned trilogy.
Here's the source, warning endgame spoilers in there, https://twitter.com/RogerWardell

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
People like Classic Sonic, and a lot of Sonic fans would be confused if he just suddenly never appeared in a 3D Sonic game again.
No, it wouldn't. Mania was confirmed at the same day as Forces and everyone agrees that he didn't belong. Classic fans were already given something they liked. If anything I feel they should have tried pleasing the crowd who grew up in the late 90's with the Adventure games as they haven't had any pandering at all

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Anyway, I propose we put Sonic in the hell dimension for disrespecting gamers and that we make Shadow the Hedgedog 2: Battle Royal so that gamers will finally respect the Sonic franchise as a whole.
Screen Shot 05-03-19 at 08.38 PM.PNG

Rise up, Sonic fan!

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
because he was saying he had a source backing up the grinch leak and that was good because he was a mysterious insider and he was supporting the leak and mysterious insiders are always right
Buy only the insiders backing up something I want are right.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Also, some potential stuff for Marvel Phase 4 has leaked, beware. Basically, a twitter account back in December tweeted a whole bunch of stuff about Endgame that all turned out to be true, stuff that was very specific too,and also tweeted about some MCU stuff going forward.
The account said that:
Feige has discussed films for Ms Marvel and the Power Pack but they're being heavily discussed as multi season shows on Disney+
The Black Knight is being discussed heavily internally, with Marvel seeing him as a potential New Avenger capable of having his own film and potentially a trilogy
Marvel has big plans for Zemo, Ghost, Justin Hammer, General Ross, and the Abomimation, and The Leader is being discussed as the main villain of The Thunderbolts, which is a planned trilogy.
Here's the source, warning endgame spoilers in there, https://twitter.com/RogerWardell
>still no moon knight

depression mode activate

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If you all ever talk about it, am I allowed to ask for you to put it in spoilers, or is that wrong, considering it is past the spoiler warning age? :p
I think it's fair to ask for at least the major plot points and twists to still be included in spoilers, even for the older parts. It's just common courtesy and I'd apply that to most stuff in general, not just this.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I heard that they spent most of their development time on the actual engine and only like one year on the game itself as well as hired people with little to no game development experience to work on it.
Yeah, Forces by all appearances was. . .kind of a mess behind the scenes.

All the biggest examples people cite of Sonic somehow being inherently bad seem like they boil down to that actually.

Sonic 06 was apparently a super huge mess of infighting, Sonic 4 wasn't initially even meant to be Sonic 4 and ended up being rebranded, and Sonic Boom was made by an untested team of external devs.

SEGA's probably the biggest case study I can think of for why companies need managers.

D

Deleted member

Forces would've been an okay game if it had been given an extra year, methinks. Game desperately needed better level design and physics.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The account said that:
Kamala not appearing in the movies would ****ing suck. That being said Ghost was ****ing brilliant so her coming back would be great. She's up there with Vulture and Kilmonger in terms of the best MCU villains [\]

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The weirdest thing about live-action sonic to me is how his hands have white fur as if he was wearing gloves

I don't hate it or anything, it just seems comical

Roberk

Smash Champion
The account said that:
Damn I can’t believe Zelgius will be an Avenger.
C13957CB-BE9B-48FA-8675-18B18763C346.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Not to derail this conversation about sonic but what are some characters you wanna see in smash?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
As a Modern Sonic fan. . .honestly I would prefer he keep to himself.

I wouldn't mind him showing up in another 3D title sometime, I just wish they'd focus on one gameplay style or the other. And that at least some of the time that gameplay style was full 3D instead of just "2D or 2D with a small linear boost stretch"

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
wouldn't mind him showing up in another 3D title sometime, I just wish they'd focus on one gameplay style or the other. And that at least some of the time that gameplay style was full 3D instead of just "2D or 2D with a small linear boost stretch"
so youre saying we want sonic adventure 3

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Except Classic was one if the worst parts of Forces.

Just because we don’t have classic Sonic doesn’t mean we can’t have 2D stages. Just look at Colors.
It's not dumb at all honestly. I'd have prefered an extra game to look forward to but the new engine isn't bad. When people go "WOW THIS ENGINE IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN ACTUAL SONIC GAMES" they fail to realize that the fan engines are purely made for testing grounds, whereas the official ones do the same thing to test the physics and how Sonic reacts to stuff

Also yeah absolutely nobody cared about Classic Sonic despite how obviously he was shoehorned in to try to make Classic fans care
This. Hopefully next game is better. It needs to be. It has to be.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Kamala not appearing in the movies would ****ing suck. That being said Ghost was ****ing brilliant so her coming back would be great. She's up there with Vulture and Kilmonger in terms of the best MCU villains [\]
It being a Disney+ show means she most likely won't be forgotten about like the Netflix characters, she should be in a film first though

Also it'd make Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 relevant lmao

D

Deleted member

The account said that:
Surprised we are getting the Hulk villains back after 10+ years

D

Deleted member

No, it wouldn't. Mania was confirmed at the same day as Forces and everyone agrees that he didn't belong. Classic fans were already given something they liked. If anything I feel they should have tried pleasing the crowd who grew up in the late 90's with the Adventure games as they haven't had any pandering at all
Well, you are correct.
They did Classic Sonic well in Generations, right?
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 is correct, I think they should leave Classic Sonic to the Mania Team.
The animations they make are a masterpiece.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Pft, why are we talking about Sonic and not SEGA's real favorite child: Hatsune Miku.
c3a31252e0a477e201f0d934ebdabe31.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I plan to play Banjo-Kazooie for the first time today.
View attachment 216296
Gun-huh!
You’re in for a great time!

You know, I just thought of something. Artsy Omni of Smashified game once speculated on what a Sonic game developed by Nintendo would look like. I kind of wonder what that would be too.

Probably a Sonic that feels too much like a Nintendo game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well, you are correct.
They did Classic Sonic well in Generations, right?
SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 is correct, I think they should leave Classic Sonic to the Mania Team.
The animations they make are a masterpiece.
The animations are stunning and all but what was REALLY good about Mania is how ****ing good the new Zones were. Studiopolis, Press Garden, Mirage Saloon Act 2 with Knuckles and Titanic Monarch were ****ing amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom