• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Oh come on, Sonic is awesome. He said gay rights!
gay rights.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
And still actually funny because it doesn't exist for the purpose of ****ting on something. A meme's length is irrelevant. As long as it's good. Never mind that again, it evolved beyond one usage which is what made it good. And the Sonic movie memes weren't even good in the first place.

It was never once funny to begin with. I'll still call out it out each time regardless because they're just bad ideas from the start.

At least there was something good, like comparing two similar ideas, or valid criticisms of his design. There's nothing good anymore to do.

Actually, a complaint in meme form does make it less valid and illegitimate. It's because it's worthless information to them. It doesn't explain a single useful thing.

They want actual information of the issues. Nostalgia pandering like the blue arms is barely worth listening to. Stuff like the teeth not even remotely fitting his character and being a little too creepy is a valid point. The shoelace thing, one of the few valid points brought up otherwise, is another one worth listening to. The electricity thing is not a bad point in itself, but that would require an entire rewrite and it's not unbelievable enough to matter. The gloves definitely make more sense than furry hands, and it fits Sonic's design better. The lack of gloves is weird, so my only guess is they had an easier time animating what they wanted to portray or something. That said, outside of the teeth, I've found the Detective Pikachu designs far creepier as realistic. But I kind of have a weird opinion of what's creepy or cute, so eh. And this particular point I wouldn't even call a criticism. Just a preference. The problem is most are shoehorning their preferences in instead of valid criticism. I didn't even know Sonic was CGI from the start, which is why I was okay with the furry hands. It was an easier costume to work with. To say the least, I dropped that point because it made no sense once I knew what was going on.
I was more so referring to other people. It was never funny for me, but for others it might have. I’m trying to speak generally.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
What’s a good micro SD card for the switch

Preferably one that isn’t too expensive
micro SD and cheap do not usually go together

for 128 gigs, which i think is the absolute minimum if you want to go digital-only, is like 30 bucks

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I still maintain the belief that the Sonic movie is passable. I don't think it's good but it's certainly not the abomination. It's still going to do well because the kids are going to like it and people who dunk on it are going to watch it anyway like how people who boycot the new Star Wars watch them anyway to talk about how bad the new movies are. Honestly it's a stroke of genius for the marketing

D

Deleted member

No one can objectively judge what comments are worthwhile and what comments aren't. Everybody has the right to voice their opinion on something as minor as a videogame movie, and the majority won't attacks others for still liking Sonic. those that do are being impolite. In no way is it whining to me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's not even "suddenly" cool.

It's been constant dunking SINCE SONIC 06 RELEASED. FOR A DECADE AND A HALF. This is just dumping extra fuel on the fire, the majority of the people that haven't been driven out of the fandom by now are either part of the problem or too jaded to care. And then there's me, who's just SICK OF IT.

I've just hit this point of holy freaking CRAP long before this film was even announced as a concept.
Hopefully after all that’s happened in the last few years SEGA finally has a good idea of what direction to go in and we can go from there.

I still want N-Sane/Reignited style remakes of the Adventure games. Fix all the bugs, usevthe modern cast.... fix the cutscenes. It could be great. Plus, the Mania team had to provide themselves by doing remakes before they made Mania. Maybe this can go the same way.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I. Its funny how KH was **** on just as much as Sonic was but the KH fan just joins in on the ****ting in their fav game
same applies to fire emblem tbh

Hopefully after all that’s happened in the last few years SEGA finally has a good idea of what direction to go in and we can go from there.
didn't sonic's own director say he was afraid to show off sonic mania

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
also let the record state that i actually really enjoy sonic's good games (like generations and mania), and i grew up with the little ****. pretty sure i have hundreds of hours on sonic heroes and shadow the hedgehog even though those games aren't even good

i just want my mans back
I'm honestly terrified of ever going back to Heroes because it's the game that got me into gaming
What’s a good micro SD card for the switch

Preferably one that isn’t too expensive
define 'too expensive'. I got one for 55 euros and it has 256 GB on it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I. Its funny how KH was **** on just as much as Sonic was but the KH fan just joins in on the ****ting in their fav game
Sonic fans do that too, but the difference is that they do it without a hint of levity.

They aren't even really fans, they're just

Angry people who fell a little too deep into the facade

Sonic doesn't have a fandom.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
same applies to fire emblem tbh

didn't sonic's own director said he was afraid to show off sonic mania
yeah like, FE did so weird ass stuff

Best way to enjoy your fav thing is to accept that peoole dont like it/think its stupid and if you can, Just join in. You can still like sonic and **** on the games/movie

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Some people are going to find things funny that others won’t. Doesn’t give anyone an excuse to **** on those people.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Sonic fans do that too, but the difference is that they do it without a hint of levity.

They aren't even really fans, they're just

Angry people who fell a little too deep into the facade

Sonic doesn't have a fandom.
welp, sounds like a Sonic Fandom problem to me

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
the virgin "going to sonic movie because it looks bad lol" vs the chad "going to sonic movie because jim carrey will be a good eggman"

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Although you are correct in that a trailer is likely dropping May 7th, I was referring to how DK. Jr, along with Clu Clu Land, and Vs. Excitebike, are already listed on Nintendo's NES Online site.

So it seems this leak just builds off this info.
That's a good point, but I figured I'd say it just in case someone ****ing loses their goddamn mind over that leak getting the date right.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Some people are going to find things funny that others won’t. Doesn’t give anyone an excuse to **** on those people.
Ill make fun of Sonic if I see it did something stupid. I wont make fun of the people that like the game.

Like, Yall can make fun of Animal Crossing all you want, but dont directly attack fans

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
.....I really like the old Sonic OAV, I think alot of concept in it are pretty cool, the Sonic CD aesthetic (which I love) can be cleary seen here, the animation is good, the characters are on point, and the OAV is overall a pretty good video game adaption, I'm sad tho that the idea in it are pretty much forever limited to this OAV due to Sega refusing to use any concept in it.

That was my, "Hey, I like Sonic guys" trivia of the moment, you can move on now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the virgin "going to sonic movie because it looks bad lol" vs the chad "going to sonic movie because jim carrey will be a good eggman"
i honestly feel like jim carrey's performance is gonna carry this movie

even if he's not dummy thicc his eggman is actually pretty good

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

I still want N-Sane/Reignited style remakes of the Adventure games. Fix all the bugs, usevthe modern cast.... fix the cutscenes. It could be great. Plus, the Mania team had to provide themselves by doing remakes before they made Mania. Maybe this can go the same way.
Man I WISH, but I get this kind of vague feeling Izuka doesn't like the Adventure titles very much.

But I WISH.

welp, sounds like a Sonic Fandom problem to me
It is

Also to a lesser extent a Pokemon fandom problem, but the difference there is that it's still mostly actually Pokemon fans, there's just also a few

weirdos

you all know who I'm referring to

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i honestly feel like jim carrey's performance is gonna carry this movie

even if he's not dummy thicc his eggman is actually pretty good
it almost makes you forget jim carrey is 57 years old

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man I WISH, but I get this kind of vague feeling Izuka doesn't like the Adventure titles very much.

But I WISH.

It is

Also to a lesser extent a Pokemon fandom problem, but the difference there is that it's still mostly actually Pokemon fans, there's just also a few

weirdos

you all know who I'm referring to
Who knows. I can’t think of any other move SEGA could truly make with the series if they want to make more 3D games.

I still want to know why Forces felt so budgeted when Generations, Colors, and Daytime Unleashed were so good.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Who knows. I can’t think of any other move SEGA could truly make with the series if they want to make more 3D games.

I still want to know why Forces felt so budgeted when Generations, Colors, and Daytime Unleashed were so good.
All the budget went into the Sonichu character creator

D

Deleted member

sonic fans are some of the most oppressed people of all, second only to gamers and christians and gamer christians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom