• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That'd be nice, honestly.

These aren't remotely funny and lost their way a long time ago. The comparisons made sense, but the memes are just childish and petty at this point with no actual point to them. They're just tiring and lost any appeal as actual entertainment.
i don't think the joke police are supposed to be actual police

i still find these hilarious, you won't stop me from having a laugh :240:

D

Deleted member

You’re welcome.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
i like how they saw nintendo make a semi-realistic furry pikachu one of the cutest things out there and were like hey

let's just make sonic an abomination of an eldritch power rivaling that of gwen

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
that universal sonic with WB pikachu face is really blessed actually

its adorable

D

Deleted member

I dreamt that King of Cards had come out but then I woke up and it wasn't so I was sad.
I recently had a dream about Eight and Crash getting in Smash with one shot of the trailer featuring them alongside Samus in Planet Zebes from Smash 64.

Then I woke up and remembered that it isn’t E3 yet and got a sad face for two seconds.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So last night a few things happened. First, the cereal leak from PapaGeno’s, and that has now been shown to be fake. (Another reason to not latch onto leaks)

Second, me, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , Arcanir Arcanir , and Pyra Pyra had a discussion on western 3rd parties coming to Smash. While good points were made by either side, i’d like to present a bit more, but this time from PushDustIn PushDustIn . He does a better job here than I did last night.

He was able to communicate what I was struggling with.

https://twitter.com/pushdustin/status/1124847357147865088?s=21

If you follow that link, it’ll take you to a recent thread of the exact discussion. It’s similar to what I said, but it’s a better argument.

It’s not that Western 3rd parties can’t happen. But Sakurai has done quite a bit for Japanese gaming, has received awards for what he has done for Japanese gaming, and has tons of connections within the Japanese gaming industry. He picks 3rd parties of Japanese origin for a reason.

This is probably why we’re getting Dragon Quest.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This might be my favorite take on the Sonic's film design, light spoilers for FMA.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So last night a few things happened. First, the cereal leak from PapaGeno’s, and that has now been shown to be fake. (Another reason to not latch onto leaks)

Second, me, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , Arcanir Arcanir , and Pyra Pyra had a discussion on western 3rd parties coming to Smash. While good points were made by either side, i’d like to present a bit more, but throw time from PushDustIn PushDustIn . We does a better job here than I did last night.

If you follow that link, it’ll take you to a recent thread of the exact discussion. It’s similar to what I said, but it’s a better argument.

It’s not that Western 3rd parties can’t happen. But Sakurai has done quite a bit for Japanese gaming, has received rewards for what he has done for Japanese gaming, and has tons of connections within the Japanese gaming industry. He picks 3rd parties of Japanese origin for a reason.

You spend 6/7 of that post making it look like another anti-Steve smear campaign and then the last bit is just something that 95% of the smash community has already accepted at this point

image.gif

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
you're acting as if that isn't all memes
View attachment 216250
No, it isn't all memes.

A lot of them are legitimately funny and don't exist for the sole sake of ****ting on something. Like the Falcon Punch. That's actually something that's remotely likable because it has more to it than the same concept. It's also evolved beyond the scene from the anime and used other ways. Like "what happens if two Falcon Punches collide", or "Kirby's Falcon Punch set to Dreamland's music". Those kind of things are actually cool because they're unique, interesting, and don't exist for the whole purpose of obnoxious whining. The dumb Sonic ones make fun memes look bad by design, and the sooner they die off, the sooner the world will be.

There is nothing legitimately good that comes out of obnoxious whining. Never has, never will be.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That'd be nice, honestly.

These aren't remotely funny and lost their way a long time ago. The comparisons made sense, but the memes are just childish and petty at this point with no actual point to them. They're just tiring and lost any appeal as actual entertainment.

Which makes them redesigning Sonic even a worse situation for me. I actually find his design fine(bar the teeth and perhaps the lack of gloves. Though the shoelaces are another actual good point being made before). He doesn't need some overhaul. It had a good enough story for the purpose of a general Sonic movie, but that'll probably be scrapped too. If it's at least just a redesign, I'll probably still go to the theaters for it. If they completely rehaul the story? I'm done. The obnoxious whining only shows me they should've stayed with almost the entire thing(again, the teeth is the only real problem with redesign, and you could make minor arguments for non-laced shoes and gloves otherwise. But I doubt they ignored the whining and only listened to the valid criticism, so what you gonna do?).
Yeah it isn’t funny anymore, but if people like memeing Sonic then I will let them.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
You spend 6/7 of that post making it look like another anti-Steve smear campaign and then the last bit is just something that 95% of the smash community has already accepted at this point

View attachment 216252
I’m not sure what posts you read, but there are plenty of Smash fans who think western 3rd parties are absolutely happening. It isn’t that simple.

They could happen. But you give the fanbase a wee bit too much credit there.

D

Deleted member

i like how they saw nintendo make a semi-realistic furry pikachu one of the cutest things out there and were like hey

Oh wow, how dare you compare Sonic to Gwen, we all know she's far more terrifying
This might be my favorite take on the Sonic's film design, light spoilers for FMA.
46519e82-9be8-425c-a6bd-02084035e116.gif

My friends keep threatening to kick me out of our server because I keep posting Nina Tucker memes lmao
This is why Sonic is basically an angel compared to Gwen

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I keep thinking of the 90's Spidey cartoon because that's the only time I remember hearing plasma because they weren't allowed to say Morphius the vampire drained people of their blood
That’s funny.

Seriously though. Blood Plasma is a real thing. It’s this dark-yellow liquid They separate from the blood. Then they give you back the blood mixed with saline. It looks like kool-aid afterward it’s so bright red.

Of course, mine was white, powder blue, and light pink.

Can I get a **** you? Seriously, let it go. Stop beating a dead hedgehog and go back to worshiping your plumber god.

D

Deleted member

There is nothing legitimately good that comes out of obnoxious whining. Never has, never will be.
i mean the fact that they're trying to improve the almost universally panned design means that the "obnoxious whining" has accomplished something

just because a complaint is in meme form doesn't make it any less valid or legitimate

people wouldn't be ****ting on it if they liked it, after all

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I’m not sure what posts you read, but there are plenty of Smash fans who think western 3rd parties are absolutely happening. It isn’t that simple.

They could happen. But you give the fanbase a wee bit too much credit there.
Your posts, obviously. Correlate Western to the sole Western character I see you say probably won't happen.

Never said you weren't wrong though, we only got one :ultdarksamus: on the account of being an Echo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can I get a **** you? Seriously, let it go. Stop beating a dead hedgehog and go back to worshiping your plumber god.
....but what if he doesn't care about Mario either?

Also, I know we said it before, but chill out man, getting angry won't help anyone in this debate.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Whining to a whiner is still whining, no matter how rude you are.

Actually good memes have the shelf life of Twinkies.
And the memory shelf life of an equally bad meme.

I forgot those videos even existed for a good 10 years.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
....but what if he doesn't care about Mario either?

Also, I know we said it before, but chill out man, getting angry won't help anyone in this debate.
I’m just sick of it. You all know why. You guys at least know that posting about this upsets me, so why do you keep doing it when you KNOW your upsetting at least one board member.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Your posts, obviously. Correlate Western to the sole Western character I see you say probably won't happen.

Never said you weren't wrong though, we only got one :ultdarksamus: on the account of being an Echo.
Nah, it’s isn't just Steve I don’t think will happen. More recently, Banjo has shown up a lot more, as has Scorpion.

It’s not that I personally think the characters themselves are trash picks, but moreso that I think the process of obtaining them (or lack of exposure to Japanese gaming, which by what Push said probably kills off Mortal Kombat) gets more complicated and doesn’t entirely jive with that Sakurai does with Smash.

But hey, we’ll find out if i’m wrong.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m just sick of it. You all know why. You guys at least know that posting about this upsets me, so why do you keep doing it when you KNOW your upsetting at least one board member.
890BBA68-B27E-4410-8AEC-E6E73B487A08.jpeg

Please don’t make it one of those days.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Seems like a new character reveal might be coming soon.
Japanese users who are subscribers of the official Super Smash Bros. Youtube channel are reporting that a blue icon is appearing beside the channel’s name on their list of subscribed channels. This blue icon usually indicates that the channel has been updated with a new video.

Upon clicking the channel, the blue icon is supposed to go away, but somehow it does not. Neither is there any new video on the Super Smash Bros. Youtube channel. This leads some to believe that a private video has been uploaded to the channel, scheduled to go public in the near future

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I do like Mario better than Sonic, but you are a complete hypocrite WHEN YOU STOMP ON MINECRAFT EVERYTIME IT IS BEING DISCUSSED! Plus, it is fine if people want to talk about Sonic. I am completely okay with people liking Sonic over Mario.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*sees continuing discussion ensued while I was typing*

I mean, as a Sonic fan I'm legitimately embarrassed at the movie design and really hope they actually do go through with fixing it

But also as a Sonic fan, I'm pretty sure people ragging on things solely for the sake of ragging on things is part of why I have depression and anxiety issues.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

Second, me, DaybreakHorizon DaybreakHorizon , Arcanir Arcanir , and Pyra Pyra had a discussion on western 3rd parties coming to Smash. While good points were made by either side, i’d like to present a bit more, but throw time from PushDustIn PushDustIn . We does a better job here than I did last night.

It’s not that Western 3rd parties can’t happen. But Sakurai has done quite a bit for Japanese gaming, has received rewards for what he has done for Japanese gaming, and has tons of connections within the Japanese gaming industry. He picks 3rd parties of Japanese origin for a reason.

I know your post isn't really about it, but I'm curious; what disconfirmed that cereal leak? Am I missing something or did new information discredit it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom