• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
i see no issue with ffh being phase three

judging by what insiders are saying about the trailer it seems like this movie is gonna wrap up some loose ends from endgame as well as being a fun spider-man movie
Honestly, I’m more excited for what Phase 4 means for Marvel’s upcoming video games than anything. I still watch the movies but... the longer Marvel goes on the less attachment I have to it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Unlikely. I saw Captain Marvel twice, and the previews from the second viewing were exactly the same as the first time I saw it.

Speaking of spoilers, the Russo Brothers are giving everyone their blessings to spoil Endgame starting Monday.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
*spoiler ban expires monday*

Its free real estate, no ******** if you get spoiled now

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hmmm. Do you guys think we’ll learn about Gen 9 at E3? I mean, I know Sony won’t be there, but what about Microsoft? I just want to start learning about Launch/near launch titles so I can decide which one to get..... first.

D

Deleted member

World of Light Nuzlocke Part 3

• The goal is to beat Galeem and Darkon together.
  • If I lose a battle, the fighter and spirit team that they were using are both discarded and cannot be used anymore.
  • To make sure I explore all of World of Light and don't just choose the fastest route, I must collect every character before defeating the final bosses (or die trying).
  • PPlant and Joker can be used. Depending on how long this takes, I'll add a safety net. If future DLC fighters are released beyond this date like Erdrick, I will not use them.
  • I cannot buy spirits via the shop outside of World of Light or win spirits via Spirit Boards.

Defeating Giga Bowser and Galleom, the only boss left is Rathalos. To do that, we first had to go to the sky temple and unlock Simon and Pit. Other than this one three-star spirit battle with Palutena, I didn't really stress over it much. I ended up unlocking half of the other map.

Before going all the way over there, first I had to take on some of the mini dungeons. Normally, I would like to skip these, but my requirements are to unlock every fighter, even if I'll never use them.

On the way to the next mini dungeon, my heavy hitter, Bowser, lost to the Star Rod spirit battle. It was four Kirbys wielding star rods. For some reason, Bowser has a **** time with groups and he ended up taking too much damage. They were three-star too, so their damage wasn't negligible. Well that sucks. Bowser was my heavy hitter so now I have to redirect and find different alternatives to him.

The next mini dungeon was the whole Earth map thing. First up, the Street Fighter area is ****ing cool. I didn't go to this part on my first playthrough of World of Light so I thought playing a game of Street Fighter 2 was impressive. Incredibly stressful though. My normal strategy was to have Wii Fit Trainer equiped with a staff so she could just snipe her opponents from 0 to death. All of the fights are on Final Destination so it worked for the first couple of battles. Then the big three. Balrog almost killed Wii Fit because Little Mac is terrifying. Vega was pathetic. I don't even remember if there was a third battle. And then I had to fight Bison, who was a four star spirit battle. I **** bricks when I saw that.

But here's what happened. M Bison could be summoned by sacrificing the previous Street Fighter spirits you unlocked! So I had a four star spirit to work with. I couldn't bring the staff with me because M. Bison reflected projectiles for some stupid reason, so I brought in Captain Falcon and prayed to my god, Tabuu.

Miraculously, it was first try. I succeeded and was able to slam Ryu's head into the asphalt, unlocking him.

Next up was the power plant. No problems as long as I skipped the Victini spirit. I was able to get Little Mac, and suddenly I felt powerful. I was also able to summon the Moon spirit, which allowed me to start the battle big. Combine that with Little Mac's smash attacks and two star spirit battles were jokes.

That is until the DKC mini-dungeon. Two ****ing words. Funky Kong.

This mother****ing three-star spirit. Not only was we buff, but he had two teammates who prioritized going for hard-hitting bullet bills. You can't shield against these items and they come in a surplus. So while you're recovering from one bullet bill hitting you, the other teammates will grab another bullet bill and repeat the cycle. What the **** was I doing bringing Little Mac into this? Little Mac ****ing died. But that's not all. I figured I'd run it back because this was a mandatory battle. I went with Lucario because maybe his aura gimmick would help me when they start piling on the items. NOPE!

Not helping was how I lost my M Bison spirit so I'm pretty mortified. I actually ran the **** away out of fear for that new-Funky-mode piece of ****. I decided to make a B-line for Rathalos since maybe I'll find a way to stop Funky Kong's rampage with that.

And well... no. I didn't. But I did beat Rathalos without any casualties. I thought Snake would be fun because C4, projectiles, and powerful smash attacks would be practical. It probably wasn't in retrospect but it worked regardless.

Now that I'm feeling big and meaty, though, I went back to the left side of the map to get the Bomberman spirit. Yes, this is a very important and mandatory battle that is needed to complete World of Light. Why'd you ask?

Shoutout to DK for up-smashing the Bomberman AT to the heavens

In conclusion, I beat all the bosses for this section of the map. However, I didn't beat the villain yet. That villain was motherfunking Funky Kong.

So here's what I did. I tried out Fox. I was taking this risk based off of a vague memory, but I thought I could reflect the bullet bills. I mean, they're bullets. What ended up happening was that the ****ing minions killed each other off because Fox's reflector worked against them. Once they were out, I was able to grab my own bullet bills and proceeded to dish out some sweet sweet funky revenge.

However, this session came at a cost of three fighters. Two of which I actually give a **** about, but Lucario put in a good effort too. I'm getting nervous. If I continue losing fighters at this rate, I might struggle when World of Dark starts really challenging me.

3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

good luck with that
y'all really ignoring him putting this in his bio
"If Banjo is revealed at E3, or if any character is revealed at EVO (It could be anyone, it could be Heihachi, Sol Badguy, Angus from Kasumi Ninja, or even freaking Bubsy), I will finally post something on the social thread.

If both end up happening, I will marathon the entire first season of an anime of someones choosing (As long as it's available on Crunchyroll.)"
Only 1 month.

D

Deleted member

Hmmm. Do you guys think we’ll learn about Gen 9 at E3? I mean, I know Sony won’t be there, but what about Microsoft? I just want to start learning about Launch/near launch titles so I can decide which one to get..... first.
I feel that a next gen Xbox reveal its likely. Depending when its released, Sony will probably reveal the PS5 late this year(December) or early next year (before April).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It's going to be a pain in the ass to work a full week again after going through two weeks where one/two days were work free.

May the god of spaghetti have mercy on my soul.:ultmario:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
y'all really ignoring him putting this in his bio
"If Banjo is revealed at E3, or if any character is revealed at EVO (It could be anyone, it could be Heihachi, Sol Badguy, Angus from Kasumi Ninja, or even freaking Bubsy), I will finally post something on the social thread.

If both end up happening, I will marathon the entire first season of an anime of someones choosing (As long as it's available on Crunchyroll.)"
Only 1 month.
Is Magi: The Labyrinth/Kingdom Of Magic on that site? If so, watch those

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Smashboards was in my dream last night bois

I'm officially too far in
Dreaming about Smashboards, huh?:4jigglypuff:

Speaking of dreams, I still wait the night I hear this music in my dream.
I feel like it be a pretty special dream if it did happen.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, speaking of dreams, I had one involving a Gravity Falls X Zelda X Fire Emblem crossover.
Mabel was dead, Azura was there but not dead and you could shoot flowers as arrows with Link.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Annnnnd it's snowing now like crazy.

Today weather is all over the place.:221:

D

Deleted member

And i was thinking of this fear of the dark

D

Deleted member

I dreamt that King of Cards had come out but then I woke up and it wasn't so I was sad.

D

Deleted member

Ah dang it, I thought you were Good Guy Giygas Good Guy Giygas for a second.
I remember your "Color Hunter Z" names, but I do not remember the X. Maybe I do?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i had a super bad day yesterday so im responding to these late

Also, agreed about driving. My dad really wants me to teach me how but I can't shake off the fear of driving a car.
homie imma be real

i space out when i drive all the time and i still end up driving perfectly fine cause my brain is so used to it that it knows what its doing

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm still not gonna get to see Endgame for another week or so, so anyone spoiling it where I can see it is getting hit hard. I don't give a **** what the Russo brothers said, I'm in charge around here. :foe!:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm still not gonna get to see Endgame for another week or so, so anyone spoiling it where I can see it is getting hit hard. I don't give a **** what the Russo brothers said, I'm in charge around here. :foe!:
ENDGAME SPOILERS:

Dumbledore is Thanos father.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i'm calling the russo brothers so they can make an account and then call whoever the smashboards equivalent of HR is to sue you

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sigh.... can we just go one day?
That'd be nice, honestly.

These aren't remotely funny and lost their way a long time ago. The comparisons made sense, but the memes are just childish and petty at this point with no actual point to them. They're just tiring and lost any appeal as actual entertainment.

Which makes them redesigning Sonic even a worse situation for me. I actually find his design fine(bar the teeth and perhaps the lack of gloves. Though the shoelaces are another actual good point being made before). He doesn't need some overhaul. It had a good enough story for the purpose of a general Sonic movie, but that'll probably be scrapped too. If it's at least just a redesign, I'll probably still go to the theaters for it. If they completely rehaul the story? I'm done. The obnoxious whining only shows me they should've stayed with almost the entire thing(again, the teeth is the only real problem with redesign, and you could make minor arguments for non-laced shoes and gloves otherwise. But I doubt they ignored the whining and only listened to the valid criticism, so what you gonna do?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom