• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
i honestly feel like jim carrey's performance is gonna carry this movie

even if he's not dummy thicc his eggman is actually pretty good
Th Eggman outfit looks very nice, and I think Jim Carrey will do him justice. My only worry is the scripting. That one joke he made just really didn’t hit for me, and it makes me nervous about the humor for the rest of the movie.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
coincidentally, 'dead or alive' is a perfect descriptor for kasumi

because it changes every hour

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ill make fun of Sonic if I see it did something stupid. I wont make fun of the people that like the game.

Like, Yall can make fun of Animal Crossing all you want, but dont directly attack fans
The difference is that people don't make fun of Animal Crossing literally all the time.

The only people that don't like Animal Crossing are dudebros who think games that aren't paragons of masculinity personally harm them

With Sonic, everyone suddenly snaps into dudebro mode

So needless to say the handful of us that haven't already completely gone mad from the constant drip torture are kinda on edge

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I accidentally left the loaf of bread I bought yesterday in my porch overnight.

The porch opossums ate it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

opossum has an opossum army confirmed

thank you for this lore fact

D

Deleted member

I am going to watch Episode 8 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure today, which means I have not finished Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.
If you all ever talk about it, am I allowed to ask for you to put it in spoilers, or is that wrong, considering it is past the spoiler warning age? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
sonic fans are some of the most oppressed people of all, second only to gamers and christians and gamer christians
Screenshot_20190502-210417.png

Memphis was the true hero of the Sonic franchise all along.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
.....I really like the old Sonic OAV, I think alot of concept in it are pretty cool, the Sonic CD aesthetic (which I love) can be cleary seen here, the animation is good, the characters are on point, and the OAV is overall a pretty good video game adaption, I'm sad tho that the idea in it are pretty much forever limited to this OAV due to Sega refusing to use any concept in it.

That was my, "Hey, I like Sonic guys" trivia of the moment, you can move on now.
Yeah, I agree, aside from a few
2A02567C-99D6-4499-9519-282380044635.png

...problems, I think it’s a pretty good watch and I kinda would like to see SEGA try something like that again, especially if they got Tyson Hesse behind it.

D

Deleted member

Well, I hope they enjoyed the bread.
I am sorry to hear you lost the loaf of bread, though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
View attachment 216277
...problems, I think it’s a pretty good watch and I kinda would like to see SEGA try something like that again, especially if they got Tyson Hesse behind it.
i bet people in 1997 wait when was that ova released finally got a human sonic waifu that day

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The difference is that people don't make fun of Animal Crossing literally all the time.

The only people that don't like Animal Crossing are dudebros who think games that aren't paragons of masculinity personally harm them

With Sonic, everyone suddenly snaps into dudebro mode

So needless to say the handful of us that haven't already completely gone mad from the constant drip torture are kinda on edge
I mean personally after playing New Leaf I just realized life sims weren't for me. Now if they ever made a spin-off game where it's solely focused on building up the museum, I'd probably buy it, since that was the part I enjoyed. Felt like filling out the Pokédex.

Blathers for Smash. Let him summon reanimated dinosaurs.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Who knows. I can’t think of any other move SEGA could truly make with the series if they want to make more 3D games.

I still want to know why Forces felt so budgeted when Generations, Colors, and Daytime Unleashed were so good.
I heard that they spent most of their development time on the actual engine and only like one year on the game itself as well as hired people with little to no game development experience to work on it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hate that they did that. Same thing happened with Ant-Man. They were both intended to start off the next phase, but apparently a phase can’t start in the same year another phase ended. It’s rediculous. Spider-Man is Phase 4 and Ant-Man is phase 3.
not really a big deal though...it’s better to not get mad over a minor movie change
We already know a decent amount of it, don't we? (I'm going to spoiler tag it just in case it actually isn't common knowledge - there won't be any Avengers Endgame spoilers in there, unless you're surprised that Marvel's choosing to make sequels to movies that made billions of dollars)

There's a Black Widow movie, the Eternals, Shang Chi, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, and Guardians of the Galaxy 3.

I don't know if a Captain Marvel sequel has been announced, but it seems inevitable at this point.

I just hope they start or end the Phase 4 announcement with the reveal of the Fantastic Four logo. Getting the X-Men in the MCU would be great as well, but I want to see the Fantastic Four done right. (I'd like to see Doctor Doom, Galactus, or the Silver Surfer done right as well, but maybe they should be saved for a second or third movie and have someone like Mole Man as the villain of the first one)
Also a Spider-Man movie, but Fox could be the reason why there’s hidden info on Phase 4...Deadpool 3 and a good Fantastic Four when?
I'm probably just gonna have to accept that Endgame is gonna get spoiled for me at this point. Not gonna be able to see it anytime soon, so big oof.
And no complaints allowed

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Okay, but you need to realize you're not the arbiter of good taste.

Movies are a visual medium. They're meant to look good. The majority of people tend to think the Sonic design for the movie is atrocious, and as such, the complaints are absolutely valid. He looked terrible, so they're fixing him. Ergo, the information wasn't "worthless," no matter how much your try to state your opinion as fact.
A mediocre design with bad teeth is all I ever saw, honestly. Cause really, that and the gloves were the only thing truly wrong with it. I don't see any need for perfection whatsoever and don't consider that a criteria to have a serviceable movie either. They need to look good in motion(which Sonic does just fine). I don't have a perfection complex when it comes to what media I watch. I just want to enjoy something. And so far, the movie looks very enjoyable to me.

people don't need to explain every little thing they dislike in something when they complain about it

imo this:
View attachment 216261

is just as valid as someone saying "i don't like the design"

it's just a general statement of disapproval

now it's not offering specific criticisms of the design, like the godawful teeth, the blue arms, the ****ty shoes, the general uncannyness, etc etc but people aren't required to list off everything they don't like about something when they complain about it
That says absolutely nothing. The screenstills are rather dumb at portraying the point since he's supposed to be in motion. Hell, the Nike shoes look actually good in that shot like they don't have shoelaces(which was one of the few valid points). In fact, that's a screenstill that doesn't look awful anyway. Ironically so in this scenario.

If people aren't willing to explain the problem, it's not worth listening to.

Half of what you said weren't even valid points. Who gives a **** about the blue arms? They're a normal thing for him and have been for ages. That's just pointless nostalgia that does not matter. It's one of the non-valid criticisms that's been around for ages. All the more reason it should be kept because it doesn't legitimately matter. The uncanny valley looks looks the exact same as everything in Detective Pikachu to me, so I don't see why that should matter. And I honestly have seen the designs and many of them are offputting to me, really. He's not his exact proportions, but still flows fine in motion, so it's not all that important(besides, he's not always chubby/smaller in the games, and a bit more lankier sometimes. Still the same character). The shoes aren't ****ty either. They're fine. The teeth are the only valid point you even listed right there. Now if you mean using a pair that doesn't have laces, that's a good point. It being a brand name? And? You really think they're going to do a Sonic movie and not use a brand name for a pair of shoes? That's just basic business practice. Sonic also had brand-name shoes in Adventure 2 to show off the new grinding mechanic, the SOAP shoes. It's happened before. Unless you're saying every shoe change in the games are bad too, then it's not honestly bad here.

(That said, I don't have time to reply much anymore beyond this. I have like zero days off and am severely overworked. I'm still going to call out bad points when they come up, and I stand entirely that there are few legitimate points against the Sonic movie that has come up. And with barely 3 points against Sonic's design(lack of gloves, shoelaces, bad teeth) that make a lot of sense to change, I'll probably just have to repeat them over and over again. Though the one thing that'll be pleasing is if they just change these 3 things and leave everything else be. A passable design is all that's actually needed to make a movie. No reason to throw it on a high pedestal, after all. No movie should ever be thrown that high either. No matter what. There's always a reason behind these designs and developments, after all. And so far, I actually expected a very bad design. I got a mediocre one, and that's with the teeth included. So I'm still quite happy they pulled off something passable as is).

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I mean personally after playing New Leaf I just realized life sims weren't for me. Now if they ever made a spin-off game where it's solely focused on building up the museum, I'd probably buy it, since that was the part I enjoyed. Felt like filling out the Pokédex.

Blathers for Smash. Let him summon reanimated dinosaurs.
New Leaf is a game that I have kind of a weird emotional relationship with, but I meant "don't like" more in the sense of

"scream from the rooftops how much they hate the game every single time it's brought up and during several 'nobody, not a single soul' type situations"

because being in the Sonic fandom has permanently frayed my understanding of what not liking something constitutes.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Also question about the Papagenos cereal stuff. Why do people seem to care about what he says? Back in the Grinch days people insisted he was the only reliable person out there and he made a 12 minute video on the Chrono Trigger tweet
because he was saying he had a source backing up the grinch leak and that was good because he was a mysterious insider and he was supporting the leak and mysterious insiders are always right

D

Deleted member

Also question about the Papagenos cereal stuff. Why do people seem to care about what he says? Back in the Grinch days people insisted he was the only reliable person out there and he made a 12 minute video on the Chrono Trigger tweet
new challenge

take a shot every time gwen brings up papagenos' chrono trigger video and die of liver cancer

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Even with all the jokes and complaints I have with the series, I still love Sonic. Heck, I even like/tolerate the Sonic games that people say are supposedly garbage and you shouldn't like them: I think Heroes is decent, I thought Lost World was okay, I love Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Adventure 1 is probably in my top 3 for the series, I like Gamma and Eggman's shooting levels, and so on.

Oddly enough, I don't really share the same mindset most do on Sonic Unleashed. I'm actually not that big on the game, and to explain why, I think I'll go ahead and link to AntDude's video on it. It's an okay enough game, but for me personally, it just didn't click in the same way Colors and Generations did, and the fact only half of the game was Boost Sonic didn't really help it in my eyes either.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Sonic fans do that too, but the difference is that they do it without a hint of levity.

They aren't even really fans, they're just

Angry people who fell a little too deep into the facade

Sonic doesn't have a fandom.
231.jpg

But I'm a fan.

Am I alone?

I don't wanna be alone.

D

Deleted member

Even with all the jokes and complaints I have with the series, I still love Sonic. Heck, I even like/tolerate the Sonic games that people say are supposedly garbage and you shouldn't like them: I think Heroes is decent, I thought Lost World was okay, I love Sonic Chronicles, Sonic Adventure 1 is probably in my top 3 for the series, I like Gamma and Eggman's shooting levels, and so on.

Oddly enough, I don't really share the same mindset most do on Sonic Unleashed. I'm actually not that big on the game, and to explain why, I think I'll go ahead and link to AntDude's video on it. It's an okay enough game, but for me personally, it just didn't click in the same way Colors and Generations did, and the fact only half of the game was Boost Sonic didn't really help it in my eyes either.
Someone who gives fair reviews on Sonic games? Whatttt?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
View attachment 216277
Heh, Sara wasn't too much of a problem to me. Sure, she is pretty whiny at time, but she still got some good moment, like when she punched/kicked Eggman after Metal Robotnik was defeated, and her design, when she isn't crying, is pretty good too. I feel like she could have been more if the the OAV became a actual series, but heh, you never know.
He just wanted to party in his new apartment and **** his clones
He became a independent gamer yet Shadow rejected him and Sonic decided to walk in his place without a authorization, can you really blame him for killing Sonic afterward?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Who knows. I can’t think of any other move SEGA could truly make with the series if they want to make more 3D games.

I still want to know why Forces felt so budgeted when Generations, Colors, and Daytime Unleashed were so good.
Forces barely had anyone who developed those games on the team and I wouldn't be surprised if it was mostly to make the new engine and get the fresh blood used to making Sonic

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Why would you accidentally leave a loaf of bread in the porch
I should mention it's a closed porch and not an open-air one, lol. Most of the things I bought yesterday were canned stuff, since I was running low on stuff and was working on a budget. Tuna, hash, pineapple rings, that kinda stuff. Opossums don't eat through cans, but I forgot about the bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom