• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The characters are what draws people to the game in the first place. Crossovers should, in theory, allow them to interact. It's not hard to understand.
Then I just don't believe it's a priority to make for these games, especially with such massive rosters and the fact that you can play with more than 2 players. Subspace Emissary was cool to see everyone interact, even through non-verbal means, but I'm just not that into it. And I guess Sakurai isn't either if he hasn't introduced it yet.

There are clearly easter eggs put into victory screens dependent on characters.

Totally fine if you want more, but I personally don't see the point with so many roadblocks.

Holy **** this is the best argument here
I said if they overcome it. It's not impossible, I don't think. They'd have to make the dialogue super generic. Like idk, R.O.B. just goes *robot noises*

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do wish they did more things like the Star Fox Mission Calls, Codec Calls and the Guidances. Its funny seeing how characters like Snake, Palutena, Fox and Falco talk smack about fighters and their enviroment, and it makes it seem as if they all know each other somehow. It gives Smash a bit more of a personality, and the guest appearances are actually pretty cool.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The appeal of Smash was to see nintendo characters beat the **** out of each other, and it's been doing that for 20 years strong.
The appeal is that they're crossing over at all.
The majority of the fanbase don't give a **** if their favourites are bad or good or how they play.
They just want them in because it'd be cool to have them crossover with the likes of Mario and Sonic whilst in Dracula's Castle.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The appeal is that they're crossing over at all.
The majority of the fanbase don't give a **** if their favourites are bad or good or how they play.
They just want them in because it'd be cool to have them crossover with the likes of Mario and Sonic whilst in Dracula's Castle.
yes

i disagree with none of this, we're on the same page

D

Deleted member

How about playing Smash Bros instead of arguing about it?
oe.jpg

( I am so sorry to those who do not own Smash Bros Ultimate. )

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay, we didn't properly understand you but do you realise you've basically been insulting every big Nintendo franchise, on a forum about a Nintendo Game? (Even if it's unintentional)
I don’t know. Kind of yeah. But no game is perfect. There are parts of each on that will be amazing for some people and ruin it for others. I don’t feel like Nintendo gets called out enough, if at all, on some of the problems I have with their major franchises.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Subspace 2?

Just make a movie special and spare me the seven hour nonsense
Gotta agree with you on this one.

As much as I LOVED the character interactions, I was not a big fan of the level design at all.

And the story was kinda a jumbled mess imo, despite all the neat character moments.

I’m not opposed to another Subspace, but I rather not go through those types of levels again.

But that’s just my opinion.

D

Deleted member

Character interactions would be pretty cool. It's a crossover after all, problem is it's hard to write without going too far into fan fiction town.
Doesn't need to be too complex though, just like, have Mario call Sonic a penis or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The platforming levels were my legit favorite part of not only Subspace but also Melee's Adventure mode.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don’t know. Kind of yeah. But no game is perfect. There are parts of each on that will be amazing for some people and ruin it for others. I don’t feel like Nintendo gets called out enough, if at all, on some of the problems I have with their major franchises.
Gonna have to agree here because more often than not I see people say **** like "Only Nintendo understands this" while blindly defending them for attacking ROM sites and stuff. Hell, a friend of mine made a joke about it. *ahem* How many Nintendo fanatics does it take to replace a lightbulb? 100! 1 to actually do the deed while the other 99 talk about how much better Nintendo did it compared to anyone else!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The platforming levels were my legit favorite part of not only Subspace but also Melee's Adventure mode.
I wanted Adventure Mode back more than anything really.

Character interactions are neat, I get that, but like

1557078208868.png

who the **** is this and why should I care?

D

Deleted member

Like, seriously.
There are going to be people that own Smash Bros Ultimate that look at the next character getting revealed, and be like: "Let's speculate the next one!", even if that said character getting revealed comes in the game.
Learn to appreciate Smash Bros.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
so what exactly is your point here besides "people shouldn't be making memes about stuff because it's not constructive" because people are gonna meme everything in existence fam

people are going to express their general dislike towards the design with their funny images, and i'm sure there's plenty of focus groups, test audiences, and people online to tell them what exactly they don't like about the design

memes are inevitable
That if you intend for people to listen to your points, make them actually useful. That just don't happen often enough. For a company, they need useful data to, well, do anything. Sales are only part of it, and the Sonic movie will sell anyway even with the original design. Because it's Sonic. This means they need reasonable criticisms that explain the issue. People not liking it is fine. People having an issue with the mindless bashing is fine too. They're valid responses to the situation. Fact of the matter is, some are getting tired of the mindless bashing as is. That already tells you it really did wear out its welcome. Not to say every single response to the mindless bashing is fair(especially when it turns into mindless bashing itself), but people being tired of it is very reasonable.

The memes aren't the entire thing. They're just worn out and not funny at all(not that they were ever meant to be funny, they were meant to be mindless bashing in almost every case. With a very small bit of satire once in a while, which oddly enough the only one I liked I realized was in too much bad taste, so...).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I just want Sonic to say "Sega does what Nintendon't" when he beats Mario.

That's literally the extent of what I want from fan-fic tier character writing.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, here's a headscratcher:
In Melee, Fox and Falco was voiced by a Japanese voice actor in all regions. However, due to the dialouge heavy Mission Calls Melee introduced, that also meant that they had to bring back Mike West and Ben Cullum to voice their characters for the easter egg.

So why didn't they just use them to voice the actual characters in western regions?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
There are clearly easter eggs put into victory screens dependent on characters.
"The darkness!"

Seriously?

Aight look maybe I'm being too harsh. Maybe they could only afford for Keith Silverstein to record two words.

How about "Begone?"

Saved you half your budget and made the Easter Egg not ****. Hire me Ninty. You're welcome.

I do wish they did more things like the Star Fox Mission Calls, Codec Calls and the Guidances. Its funny seeing how characters like Snake, Palutena, Fox and Falco talk smack about fighters and their enviroment, and it makes it seem as if they all know each other somehow. It gives Smash a bit more of a personality, and the guest appearances are actually pretty cool.
36762828_1016942945131617_3462421455134785536_n.jpg

Funny story. Had this in my reaction folder long before Cutie Gwen pointed the comic out to me but didn't know there was a comic before then, so only just recently learned where it came from. Small world, right?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now this is a good way to do interaction that doesn't involve intros and outros.

D

Deleted member

I like melee's adventure mode more than brawls. As much as i love the cutscenes and character interactions the levels arent part of any of the character's universes. The levels in melee's adventure mode represents smash better than brawl, you actually went through the mushroom kingdom, through hyrule etc.

D

Deleted member

Speaking of pirating games...
I just am too afraid to use one.
I feel like pirating games is a big slap in the face to the game creators.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
My mom just sent me a “Hang in There“ picture to help motivate me.

I have achieved the true college experience bois...

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
anyway i've always wondered what kind of stirring intellectual discussions mario and kirby could have

probably something like

"bing bing wahoo!"
"poyo poy poyo poy!"
"yipeeeeee"

certainly worth the dozens of hours of extra production time to come up with 5625 unique character-on-character interactions in a cast that's 80% silent or unintelligible

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Speaking of ROMS...
I feel like using ROMS is a big slap in the face to the creators of the game.
Little does Shiny know that devs have used ROMs before shamelessly

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
"The darkness!"

Seriously?

Aight look maybe I'm being too harsh. Maybe they could only afford for Keith Silverstein to record two words.

How about "Begone?"

Saved you half your budget and made the Easter Egg not ****. Hire me Ninty. You're welcome.
Though I was the only one who noticed how dumb that was.
I actually met Keith Silverstein at a con once. Cool dude.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not too big on platforming as much as beat-em-ups in Smash but I think Smash Run did both the best. My only complaint was the time limit.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
anyway i've always wondered what kind of stirring intellectual discussions mario and kirby could have

probably something like

"bing bing wahoo!"
"poyo poy poyo poy!"
"yipeeeeee"

certainly worth the dozens of hours of extra production time to come up with 5625 unique character-on-character interactions in a cast that's 80% silent or unintelligible
Kinda makes me wonder how in the world they do the Mario movie if Peach and Bowser are the only ones who actually have dialogue.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Speaking of ROMS...
I feel like using ROMS is a big slap in the face to the creators of the game.
If you can't directly buy the game in stores or digitally then by all means I feel it should be ok. You'll otherwise have to resort to the secondhand market and in some cases that just costs a ludicrous amount of money. HELL no was I going to pay 100 euros for Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. If you pirate Ike's games then it doesn't matter as Nintendo's not going to make any money off of you buying a 300 dollar secondhand copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom