• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Speaking of ROMS...
I just am too afraid to use one.
I feel like using ROMS is a big slap in the face to the creators of the game.
That depends on what your emulating. If youre emulating nes/snes/gba/gamecube games then thats no propblem because Nintendo isnt offering their consumers the ability to purchase their products and theyre making no profit off of people buying them used. If youre emulating a switch game than yes your spitting in the faces of the developers

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
THE BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT IS THAT DESPITE POKEMON BEING AROIND SINCE 64, WE DON'T HAVE PROFESSOR POKEDEX CALLS LIKE THE CODEC CALLS

Hire me.
wish granted, it's now the rotomdex

a single finger creaks up on the monkey's paw

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
anyway i've always wondered what kind of stirring intellectual discussions mario and kirby could have

probably something like

"bing bing wahoo!"
"poyo poy poyo poy!"
"yipeeeeee"

certainly worth the dozens of hours of extra production time to come up with 5625 unique character-on-character interactions in a cast that's 80% silent or unintelligible
:ulttoonlink: hyup hoop hyah
:ultsnake: I've seen war. How it changes people. How society has used war to make profit and reap the people themselves as your cash cow. The innocent lives that undergo so much torture without them knowing. Everything tha-

D

Deleted member

If you can't directly buy the game in stores or digitally then by all means I feel it should be ok. You'll otherwise have to resort to the secondhand market and in some cases that just costs a ludicrous amount of money. HELL no was I going to pay 100 euros for Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon. If you pirate Ike's games then it doesn't matter as Nintendo's not going to make any money off of you buying a 300 dollar secondhand copy
I understand.
It is just, I want to play Wii, N64, DS games, etc that are common ( XC1, Mario 64, etc. ). These games can be bought for ten dollars on Amazon. Well, maybe not Mario 64 and some 64 games.
I am scared Nintendo will find out if I am pirating somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
:ulttoonlink:hyup hoop hyah
:ultsnake:I've seen war. How it changes people. How society has used war to make profit and reap the people themselves as your cash cow. The innocent lives that undergo so much torture without them knowing. Everything tha-
:ultcloud:There would be dialogue here, but Square Enix charges by the letter.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of ROMS...
I just am too afraid to use one.
I feel like using ROMS is a big slap in the face to the creators of the game.
Yeah imagine downloading a Hotel Dusk ROM and depriving Cing of their hard earned cash...

OH WAIT.
THEY'RE DEAD.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Seriously though I've owned a PS3 for about 10 months and in a very short amount of time I have concluded Sony handles their digital market SIGNIFICANTLY better than Nintendo ever has by constantly having loads of games get discounted, not just those games you haven't heard about but **** like MGS, DMC, Resident Evil, etc. Nintendo doesn't like discounting bigger titles at all but to make things worse is that they keep dripping **** on their service. The ENTIRE NES library should have been on the NES Online service day 1 and it took them until the end of the Wii U's life cycle to add ****ing Pokemon Snap on the virtual console whem it was already on the Wii's virtual console

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
This was embedded in the tweet I shared yesterday. Hopefully it’s easier to understand.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
:ultkirby: Poyo poy poyo, poyo poy poyo!
subtitles: (oi m8 i'm gonna crack ur ****in head in, i swear on me mom you right knobhead)

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I feel like this conversation is going to end with Shiny doing something illegal and ending up with ~50 viruses on his computer.

D

Deleted member

:ultcloud:There would be dialogue here, but Square Enix charges by the letter.
お ( 200,000 yen ) 前 ( 400,000 yen ) に ( 800,000 yen ) 俺 ( 1,600,000 yen ) は ( 3,200,000 yen ) 倒 ( 6,400,000 yen ) せ ( 12,800,000 yen ) な ( 25,600,000 yen ) い ( 51,200,000 yen )

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I understand.
It is just, I want to play Wii, N64, DS games, etc that are common ( XC1, Mario 64, etc. ). These games can be bought for ten dollars on Amazon. Well, maybe not Mario 64 and some 64 games.
they won't find out, and they don't care. They only care about the people distributing the ROMs, not the people playing them. Also keep in mind that a lot of the time when you buy old games, that money isn't actually going towards nintendo anymore.

D

Deleted member

ROMs I think are fine with things that are pretty much impossible to get otherwise or don't give the cerator any profit.
Like, literally the only way to get say, Silent Hill 4 anymore is to dump a load of cash on Ebay, none of which goes to anybody involved in the game.

D

Deleted member

I understand.
Nah dont worry about that
Seriously though I've owned a PS3 for about 10 months and in a very short amount of time I have concluded Sony handles their digital market SIGNIFICANTLY better than Nintendo ever has by constantly having loads of games get discounted, not just those games you haven't heard about but **** like MGS, DMC, Resident Evil, etc. Nintendo doesn't like discounting bigger titles at all but to make things worse is that they keep dripping **** on their service. The ENTIRE NES library should have been on the NES Online service day 1 and it took them until the end of the Wii U's life cycle to add ****ing Pokemon Snap on the virtual console whem it was already on the Wii's virtual console
What are you talking about? Nintendo does discount their major titles! Have you not seen these 5 cent discounts on their games?

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
new poll time:
  • team lawful: 2 characters at e3
  • team neutral: 1 character at e3
  • team chaotic: no characters at e3

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
they won't find out, and they don't care. They only care about the people distributing the ROMs, not the people playing them. Also keep in mind that a lot of the time when you buy old games, that money isn't actually going towards nintendo anymore.
Meanwhile all they have to do to fight piracy is actually ****ing release their games. If they announced Tellius HD on the Switch I would no longer consider pirating the Tellius games

D

Deleted member

I feel like this conversation is going to end with Shiny doing something illegal and ending up with ~50 viruses on his computer.
Pffft, as if I am going to pirate.
I must respect the workers who work hard on the game by giving them my money.
It does stink that money does go to some bad workers, though.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I understand.
Well Xenoblade Chronicles 1 is on the Wii U Eshop for like 20 bucks. Before you go pirating anything just look on Nintendo.com to see if they offer the game somewhere. The Wii U has N64 and DS emulation as well.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Pffft, as if I am going to pirate.
I must respect the workers who work hard on the game by giving them my money.
It does stink that money does go to some bad workers, though.
you understand that the workers stopped getting money for GBA games about 13 years ago, right

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
Dang it, I meant pirating!
Pirating games is wrong. Think about the game creators!
Depends what game you're "pirating", really. Like, if a certain game has never been rereleased by the publisher (or can't be for legal reasons, mostly due to a developer losing the license to making games based off certain films, and such) on more modern systems, there isn't really much of another alternative. Unless you want to play the games on the original hardware that is, but these kinds of games, if they've never been rereleased, tend to become super rare and expensive...

D

Deleted member

Depends what game you're "pirating", really. Like, if a certain game has never been rereleased by the publisher (or can't be for legal reasons, mostly due to a developer losing the license to making games based off certain films, and such) on more modern systems, there isn't really much of another alternative. Unless you want to play the games on the original hardware that is, but these kinds of games, if they've never been rereleased, tend to become super rare and expensive...
Pirating is stealing, and technically Nintendo could send me to juvenile if they wanted to, or file a lawsuit against my family if they find out.
I think I am exaggerating, but still.

Roberk

Smash Champion
you understand that the workers stopped getting money for GBA games about 13 years ago, right
To be fair lots of GBA games are on the virtual console so you can still officially buy the games and support the developers.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Nintendo when drip feeding content through their poor online service and having people defend it and everyone reluctantly pays for it so they can keep playing their favourite games online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom