• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alright guys, here we go.

Smash Characters who can talk full dialogue
:ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultfalco::ultfox::ultike::ultjoker::ultlucina::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainerf::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultzss:

Smash Characters who have (in their games) only or mostly talk in textboxes
:ultganondorf::ultisabelle::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultalph::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario:

Smash Characters who can talk, but talk very little
:ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultmario::ultluigi::ultsimon:

Animal Noises
:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultyoshi:

Smash Characters who are mute or can't talk
:ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultpokemontrainer::ultdarksamus::ultrob::ultgnw:
Little Mac can talk though. He talks to Doc in text boxes in the NES game and has Mario-like yeahs and woohoos in the Wii game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
tbf how would you handle the second screen? I'd love to play Portrait of Ruin and Order of Ecclesia on the big screen but I want to be able to see enemy drops without having to go to a separate menu or something
Just have some games only playable handheld and use the Switch's touchscreen.

Games like Cytus already do this iirc, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue, I think.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982

:ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultfalco::ultfox::ultike::ultjoker::ultlucina::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainerf::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultzss:

:ultganondorf::ultisabelle::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultalph::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario::ultluigi:

:ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultmario::ultsimon::ultkirby:

Animal Noises
:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultyoshi:

:ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultpokemontrainer::ultdarksamus::ultrob::ultgnw:
Pokemon Trainer says complete sentences in Ultimate though!

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Little Mac can talk though. He talks to Doc in text boxes in the NES game and has Mario-like yeahs and woohoos in the Wii game.
did he speak a sentence in the wii game?

no?

then he doesnt belong there

also there's no goddamn way im accepting that the NES and Wii games are directly linked and correlated

But it’s a game. You should have made “canon mainline games” clear.
FE Warrior's isn't Marth's game dude, that's FE1, FE3, FE11 and FE12

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yuri currently has 486 roles from 333 IPs.

Yuri what the hell, give some other VAs the chance to be anime boy protag.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yuri currently has 486 roles from 333 IPs.

Yuri what the hell, give some other VAs the chance to be anime boy protag.
atlus is proud to announce yuri lowenthal as the voice of kasumi in persona 5: the royal

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Can talk but only in the forgotten, eldritch language of old gods:
:ultkirby:
H̡͔̥̖͕̦͎̗́̉̿̊ͫ͒̓̕͞a̪̻̜̽ĭ̛̩̪͓̻͎ͯ̇͞i͇͛̃ͩ̐͊̆̕ͅi͚̟̝̱̱̹̎́̂ͬ̀i̖͍̥͋̄̔i̵̷̗̖̬̳͙̓̅̉͡ï̷̧͓͓̥̥̰̰̼̦͑̇̅͞i̵͚̟̫ͣͩí̢̱̗͚͈̳ͨ̚͘~̥̥͎̣̪̈́̔̽̂̏́

Roberk

Smash Champion
did he speak a sentence in the wii game?

no?

then he doesnt belong there

also there's no goddamn way im accepting that the NES and Wii games are directly linked and correlated

FE Warrior's isn't Marth's game dude, that's FE1, FE3, FE11 and FE12
He has a significant presence in it, while he isn’t a protagonist I still think it shows that he can have fully voiced dialogue.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
while he isn’t a protagonist
then it's not his game

just because mary jane is a deuteragonist in PS4 spider-man it doesn't make it her game

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
H̡͔̥̖͕̦͎̗́̉̿̊ͫ͒̓̕͞a̪̻̜̽ĭ̛̩̪͓̻͎ͯ̇͞i͇͛̃ͩ̐͊̆̕ͅi͚̟̝̱̱̹̎́̂ͬ̀i̖͍̥͋̄̔i̵̷̗̖̬̳͙̓̅̉͡ï̷̧͓͓̥̥̰̰̼̦͑̇̅͞i̵͚̟̫ͣͩí̢̱̗͚͈̳ͨ̚͘~̥̥͎̣̪̈́̔̽̂̏́
everyone else remember that kirby is a literal infant for species

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly I think the CastleVania games have my favourite usage of the top screen. It typically shows the map of the area you're in which is already fantastic but by hitting Select you switch it and it shows you your base stats, equipment boosts, money, how much EXP you have, how much you need to get the next level up, the name of the enemy you're fighting, how much HP they have, how much EXP they give, if they drop stuff, the rarity of the item drops and in Order of Ecclesia it shows you if you can get a glyph from them as an item drop or if you have to absorb one of their attacks. ****ing marvelous
EDIT: It also shows what they resist and are weak to

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
then it's not his game

just because mary jane is a deuteragonist in PS4 spider-man it doesn't make it her game
If you’re going by protagonist logic then all of the non-protagonists on your roster shouldn’t be Abel to speak because they don’t have their own games.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Honestly I think the CastleVania games have my favourite usage of the top screen. It typically shows the map of the area you're in which is already fantastic but by hitting Select you switch it and it shows you your base stats, equipment boosts, money, how much EXP you have, how much you need to get the next level up, the name of the enemy you're fighting, how much HP they have, how much EXP they give, if they drop stuff, the rarity of the item drops and in Order of Ecclesia it shows you if you can get a glyph from them as an item drop or if you have to absorb one of their attacks. ****ing marvelous
EDIT: It also shows what they resist and are weak to
i like bravely default's bottom screen because it shows you a giant fairy and that's pretty neat

1557080754376.png

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If you’re going by protagonist logic then all of the non-protagonists on your roster shouldn’t be Abel to speak because they don’t have their own games.
my point was that fire emblem warriors isn't anything for marth

its not even canon dawg

if use FE warriors whats stopping me from using CD-i link

D

Deleted member

:ultganondorf::ultisabelle::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultalph::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario::ultluigi:

:ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultmario::ultsimon::ultkirby:

Animal Noises

I'd put Wario in full dialogue, he talks a lot in warioware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom