• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Yes really.

Where do you think your money goes when you buy off a dude online? It isn't going into a company, I'll tell you that much.
you mean you don't send a cut of all the money you get when selling old games on ebay off to the original developers?

i didn't realise you were such a profiteering monster, idon

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Pirating is stealing, and technically Nintendo could send me to juvenile if they wanted to, or file a lawsuit against my family if they find out.
I think I am exaggerating, but still.
Maybe they could, but really they wouldn't be able to find out and they have a million other things they'd rather do than sue your family

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Remember, ****ing Konami is handling game availability better than Nintendo lately by rereleasing Rondo of Blood and Bloodlines in the span of about half a year. Rondo was only available on the Wii VC (until they shut that down a while ago) and the PSP remake which had some issues and isn't sold in stores anymore and Bloodlines flatout only had the Genesis release until now.

D

Deleted member

honestly i just straight up can't imagine link talking without the cdi voice

it's like trying to think of a new color

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If Nintendo won't give me access to any N64, GBA or GCN game in 2019 then I have to consider other methods.

You could argue the NES is covered with the subscription, but that's still only a selection of games. Likewise with the minis (although those can be altered to do the job as a emulator console)

D

Deleted member

Pirating is stealing, and technically Nintendo could send me to juvenile if they wanted to, or file a lawsuit against my family if they find out.
You shouldnt have to worry about that. Emulating old games is the equivalent of downloading music on your phone.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
But there are still RPGs that he didn't worked in. Like, two or so of them.
Yuri Lowenthal laughs as his Japanese dubbing empire grows even larger.

but it's like, the evil anime Sasuke laugh, not the cute anime boy Marth laugh.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For me, I prefer to buy the games I'll have roms for. Even if it means buying the original copy of a game that became a hacked game(like Touhoumon of FireRed/LeafGreen).

Not everybody does. The secondary market as well as how hard official purchases are to get is ridiculous at times I can understand why some prefer to illegally emulate(I specify illegally since things like the Virtual Console is a literal emulator).

The one thing I like from things like Project 64 is I can use Gameshark codes. Or even read into the data to help find out information Whether it's specific stats, experience, or just how the game is fully played. It's part of what made me such a fan of Quest 64, the ins and outs of it. Game is pretty mediocre on the surface, but finding out it lists the monsters in a backwards way in the bytes changed a lot of what I knew. You'd think it would list them in a giant list ala Pokemon, but instead it's just based upon location.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Yeah imagine downloading a Hotel Dusk ROM and depriving Cing of their hard earned cash...

OH WAIT.
THEY'RE DEAD.
Speaking of which, Hotel Dusk is a really good game. I need to try playing the sequel sometime.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It's not a real video game if Yuri Lowenthal doesn't at least voice a generic enemy NPC.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alright guys, here we go.

Smash Characters who can talk full dialogue
:ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultfalco::ultfox::ultike::ultjoker::ultlucina::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainerf::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultzss:

Smash Characters who have (in their games) only or mostly talk in textboxes
:ultganondorf::ultisabelle::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultalph::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario::ultluigi:

Smash Characters who can talk, but talk very little
:ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultmario::ultsimon::ultkirby:

Animal Noises
:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultyoshi:

Smash Characters who are mute or can't talk
:ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultpokemontrainer::ultdarksamus::ultrob::ultgnw:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maaan if Nintendo released the virtual console from nes to the wii they would make a huge profit.

D

Deleted member

I have to go eat dinner.
Before I go, best online service?
PS4, Xbox One, Steam or the Nintendo Switch (
)?

Roberk

Smash Champion
The virgin “pirating video games on your computer” vs the CHAD “buying video games officially digitally to support the developers but playing them on your computer to upscale the resolution, speed up the emulation, and use mods”.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Wolf: You'll be seeing your mom soon, Lucas.
Lucas: -weeps-

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright guys. I’m getting something to eat and then I’m off to the tourney.

I’m not sure if it’s gonna be streamed, but if it is, I’ll post it here.

You might actually see me irl... maybe.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
sorry can’t hear you over how loud my pirate ship is
Yarr harr fiddle dee dee
Being a pirate is alright to be
Do what you want cause a pirate is free
You are [about to download a car]

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The multi-billion dollar corporation won't care nor be hurt if you get a rom for a game they don't currently sell.
Actually if you're making a game of something they're making with the concept or doing a remake you're gonna get shut down too.

They shut down Pixelmon and AM2R for reasons, yknow.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I have to go eat dinner.
Before I go, best online service?
PS4, Xbox One, Steam or the Nintendo Switch (
)?
Steam. Library is huge and deals are everyday, everywhere.

Shame it made Valve stop caring about game development.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

:ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultfalco::ultfox::ultike::ultjoker::ultlucina::ultlucario::ultpokemontrainerf::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultrobin::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultshulk::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultzss:

:ultganondorf::ultisabelle::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultalph::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario:

:ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultmario::ultluigi::ultsimon:

Animal Noises
:ultlarry::ultroy2::ultwendy::ultiggy::ultmorton::ultlemmy::ultludwig::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultyoshi:

:ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultlittlemac::ultmegaman::ultmiifighters::ultness::ultpokemontrainer::ultdarksamus::ultrob::ultgnw:
frst of all where the **** is kirby

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
1555744796205.gif

Fam here's the thing.

Do you know why they go after the distributors? It's not because distributing ROMS is exponentially more illegal than owning illegal ROMS. Distribution makes it worse, yes, but you're right, they've got legal grounds to clap anyone with pirated games in irons if they really want to.

So why don't they?

Cause court is ****ing expensive.

If you pirated a copy of Super Mario Odyssey right this second and somehow Nintendo would've gotten every last cent of the purchase price of a real physical copy that you now haven't bought (we'll get into the talk about how the pie's actually split another day) they'd be out, on average, $60.

Their lawyer will charge them more than that for a pee break.

Fact is, you ain't worth it fam. And that's actually great news! You ain't going to jail for that kinda **** ever, because it'd cost more to file the lawsuit than they actually lost. They just write that **** off at the end of the year.

The distributors are only worth it because by hitting them, Ninty also hits everyone who would've gotten anything from them, meaning the effect is large enough to justify the cost of what still usually amounts to a cease and desist letter.

Roberk

Smash Champion

:ultganondorf::ultisabelle::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultolimar::ultalph::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultwario:

:ultdaisy::ultdoc::ultmario::ultluigi::ultsimon:

Animal Noises

If you include spin-offs, in FE Warriors Marth has full dialogue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom