• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
avi_florkofcows.png

It is done.

What’s your opinion on “Boner Culture”?

Personally, I dislike it, since not only does it solely rely on ones appearance in a negative way, and thus makes stuff unpopular no matter how well written, or great ones work of fiction, or character they are, but it’s also not good for ones psyche if one rely’s on it too much.
One particularly entitled and idiotic journalist thinking with their boner does not a culture make.

Other than that the whole discussion surrounding it looks like a circlejerk and I got better **** to do.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If I had the Gauntlet I would probably snap Canada

images (35).jpeg
They've had it too good for too long

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Buckle up my dude, it's all downhill from here. The later in life you get the less sleep you'll have. :p
Eh I actually sleep much better these days then I did back in high school, although part of that is that I work an evening shift so my schedule doesn't interfere with the fact that I'm naturally a night person.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
If I had the gauntlet I wouldn’t use the power of it I would just deck people with it

They’ll be like “oh god oh no he’ll snap us into dust” and I’ll just punch em and run away

D

Deleted member

You'd try to snap a glass of water and forget that move wipes out half of all life?

You've lost your gauntlet privileges.
my glass of water would never kill half of all life. how dare you insinuate such a thing

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
New Arena. I'm only letting 3 other people into this one, so 1st come 1st serve.

ID: 45T2R
Pass: 1111
Perfect! But since I'm using this mainly for tourney practice, I'm gonna be using their ruleset.

Basically that means:

-We're doing 3 stock, not 2.
-We're only doing these stages:
  • Battlefield*
  • Final Destination**
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Kalos Pokemon League
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Town & City
  • Unova Pokemon League
One spot left if anyone wants to join.

Please only choose from these stages if you do join in.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh my goodness.
This is perfection.
It is many things.

It is a reminder that I'm **** with both a mouse and a tablet. It is a garishly bright eyesore. It is a brutal reminder that a dude churning out sock puppet comics in MS Paint is by far a better artist than I currently am.

But perfection?

Ain't that.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It is many things.

It is a reminder that I'm **** with both a mouse and a tablet. It is a garishly bright eyesore. It is a brutal reminder that a dude churning out sock puppet comics in MS Paint is by far a better artist than I currently am.

But perfection?

Ain't that.
You're underselling yourself, managing to maintain an aura of smugness in that artstyle is an accomplishment in itself.

D

Deleted member

It is many things.

But perfection?

Ain't that.
It is, no need to doubt yourself.
It looks exactly like how the comics portray it.
Also, I love the FlorkofCows comics.

Roberk

Smash Champion
8FF7D56E-CBFA-454F-96F3-A18F628B6658.jpeg

I HAVE ASCENDED

After a year and a half of owning a Switch, playing on docked mode has been unbearable because of the ending lag. So bad that I played through graphical monstrosities like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 handheld entirely because the docked input lag was too much. But no more. I went into my TV’s settings and found the mystical “Game Mode”, which solved all of my problems. Please, I implore you to turn on “Game Mode” if you haven’t already, it feels like a new experience of playing on a Switch.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You're underselling yourself, managing to maintain an aura of smugness in that artstyle is an accomplishment in itself.
As with my best work, it all stems from excellent source material.

I could recreate that expression with a Taco Bell sauce packet and it'd still be smug.

Might actually be easier.

It is, no need to doubt yourself.
It looks exactly like how the comics portray it.
Also, I love the FlorkofCows comics.
Oh don't worry, I've no doubt.

It's true enough my skills are...lackluster. Mercifully it's an intentionally bad style and it's relatively simple to imitate.

But I don't see any sort of failure here. It is a success. It is merely a success that highlights room for improvement - things I will have to remedy in the future.

Not the first time I've been in this position, and it doesn't bother me to be here anymore. Just gotta move forward.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can’t believe fortnite closed out their marvel event by adding avengers HQ
1557030154915.jpeg

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah I'm almost in Elite Smash which is pretty neat.

My best character and the character I have the most GSP with is Dedede which if anyone ever played me in an Arena shouldn't be surprised. Also Geno for Smash
Keep working at it my friend. The 1st time you get into Elite, it's super satisfying. Trust me.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
>Way too unmotivated to organize a Spongebob ****post in a few minutes for some reason
>Come many hours later to miss out on a relevant topic

Yearg, I hate random bolts of laziness...

Umm, ackchyually, her hair is purple, so she's safe by default.

So how goes the night (and morning, and afternoon, and evening for those on different time zones) everyone?

D

Deleted member

Screenshot_2019-05-05-00-24-33~2.png

gone into the night after a swift strike
such is the way of the modmins

anyways now that they're gone let's talk about how the ten characters rule is bull****. it should be nine characters max

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Eh I actually sleep much better these days then I did back in high school, although part of that is that I work an evening shift so my schedule doesn't interfere with the fact that I'm naturally a night person.
I did the tongue face emoji for a reason: what I said is a principle, NOT law. It's not absolute for every person.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Oh yeah I'm almost in Elite Smash which is pretty neat.

My best character and the character I have the most GSP with is Dedede which if anyone ever played me in an Arena shouldn't be surprised. Also Geno for Smash
Congrats man. Can confirm your Dedede rocks.

I wonder what the threshold is now. My Yoshi is just above 4 million.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
View attachment 216171
gone into the night after a swift strike
such is the way of the modmins

anyways now that they're gone let's talk about how the ten characters rule is bull****. it should be nine characters max
You notice how I’m not on that list but I’m pretty obviously here

That’s a thing you can do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom