• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It comes down to the project plan for DLC, how much Sakurai has been budgeted, and the release schedule. At least, that's my guess.

As I've said to TPC and Arcanir my line of thinking is simply that traveling or negotiating that adds layers of complexity in the process...DLC is lower budget, on a timed release schedule, and there's smaller staff to boot. It really comes down to what expenses can be afforded, and if the end goal, or character, can provide the profit to make it worth it.

It really comes down to the questions of, "Which characters allow for the least cost, and the biggest profit potential?" All we can do is wait to see who gets picked for the remaining 4 (arguably 3) picks.
I cut out chunks not pertinent to my point.

Anyways, I believe part of our disagreement comes from what we’re arguing. You’re arguing against western characters, whereas I’m arguing for Microsoft characters. There’s a subtle difference.

I’m on mobile right now so I don’t want to type out something big, but I believe Microsoft is in a very unique position to get a DLC fighter.

Someone remind me to come back to this point.

QuiqueST

Smash Apprentice
>Getting likes my meme
>Not even updating my avatar

the fricc bro?

:drflip:
Second, some profile pics aren't the current ones since I felt that their older ones were more fitting or recognizable.
Imo, you are the Joker guy here. The way you reacted to him when he was revealed is a highlight for a lot of people here. So I felt that I should keep you as Joker. But if you want me to change it, I don't mind and I'll do it.

>Ripped Yoshi

Boy, that was quite a while back :yoshi:
"Should I use Zinith's current profile or should I use another Yoshi picture?" *remembers Buff Yoshi was a thing* Yes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whoever made the title thread, I love them.
They reflect my mood on E3 being in 9:00 AM.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To be 100% honest, I'm not that concerned with the new stuff.

Obviously I wanna see what cool games they have in store, but at the moment i'm more interested in DLC, Animal Crossing and obviously Pokemon.

So yeah, they can kinda show me anything.
oh please, we all know Animal Crossing aint gonna be shown.

D

Deleted member

Imo, you are the Joker guy here. The way you reacted to him when he was revealed is a highlight for a lot of people here. So I felt that I should keep you as Joker. But if you want me to change it, I don't mind and I'll do it.
As soon as the ponycorn changed his avatar not to Joker, I forgot about that. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

I cut out chunks not pertinent to my point.

Anyways, I believe part of our disagreement comes from what we’re arguing. You’re arguing against western characters, whereas I’m arguing for Microsoft characters. There’s a subtle difference.

I’m on mobile right now so I don’t want to type out something big, but I believe Microsoft is in a very unique position to get a DLC fighter.

Someone remind me to come back to this point.
I don't think it changes between MS and Western developers given that western developers have also a lot of resources, money and also a few contacts with Japanese developers.

I find it more that given the argument Scoliosis made, Sakurai requires an extensive back and forth with the companies involved to get the characters right and both companies be satisfied with the end result.

Right now we don't know if alongside the DLC plan, Sakurai is preparing another project like KI:U and if that's the case it limits stuff like travel overseas by a lot. Still the argument Pyra/Mythra (can't recall whom) made before regarding communications within liaisons from the companies in Japan stands so its possible for a Western rep (not only MS) to happen.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So apparently the design of Thanos's weapon was modeled after a helicopter blade specifically to reference the Thanoscopter.

My god I love Marvel.
Yeah ima need 50 ccs of source for this statement STAT.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Purple characters are cursed
Ridley's the one to make it out.

No Waluigi.
Vile only playable in a PSP game.
Rain sandbagged yet again for some reason.

i just want them to reveal erdrick already so we can get on speculating 3, 4, and 5

or hell just reveal erdrick and 3 so we can speculate 4 and 5

end the wait. end my suffering. do it sakurai

please just destroy my Hope
View attachment 216148
my last, glimmering bit of Hope
Wanting to end your hope? Why? For your meaningless feelings like fear? Where's your pride? It's Pride and hope that matters above all else. Forget looking like a fool! I'd rather look like a fool rooting for what I believe in than shilling for something I don't just to be right. Neither should you ELMA MAN.

Mega Man X Ending.jpg

No matter how dim, that light shouldn't die!

how was my dramatic movie speech?

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What’s your opinion on “Boner Culture”?

Personally, I dislike it, since not only does it solely rely on ones appearance in a negative way, and thus makes stuff unpopular no matter how well written, or great ones work of fiction, or character they are, but it’s also not good for ones psyche if one rely’s on it too much.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Personally, I dislike it, since not only does it solely rely on ones appearance in a negative way, and thus makes stuff unpopular no matter how well written, or great ones work of fiction, or character they are, but it’s also not good for ones psyche if one rely’s on it too much.

We live in a society :V

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sleeping is not the problem, school is the problem.
I never said school wasn't the problem. What I said was that there will be many different problems, including school, that come into your life that will drain you the older you get. Your job, the co-workers within your job, bills, purchases, taxes, etc.

The question is...will you be resilient in taking them on?

D

Deleted member

i don't know what a boner culture is but it sounds fun

how do i join

D

Deleted member

Me:
Will bigotry be gone?
Will we have world peace?
Will we all become intelligent and wise?
Will I be able to make a duplicate so I can be in school while I can see E3?
Will we all be healthy?

Moydow: Yes.

Me: How?

Moydow:
reality.png

Reality can be anything I want.

Last edited by a moderator:

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
I think I'm cursed with a thumb that just DEMANDS to hit down on the c-stick

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Me:
Will bigotry be gone?
Will we all be healthy?

Moydow:
View attachment 216157
Let me guess, after Moydow snap it, he’ll live the rest of your days in an isolated area.

Then get Zerg rushed, and get brutally slashed by a guy with an axe.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Me:
Will bigotry be gone?
Will we all be healthy?

Moydow:
View attachment 216157
>Assuming Moydow wouldn’t just snap the likes system out of existence and make themselves the supreme overlord of Smashboards

D

Deleted member

if i had the infinity gauntlet i would be too paranoid to do anything worldshaking with it, because even if it seems like a good idea i know it'll probably end up ****ing something over in the future
reminds me of this panel where iron man got the gauntlet
maybe i would like
snap myself a glass of water or something

D

Deleted member

>Assuming Moydow wouldn’t just snap the likes system out of existence and make themselves the supreme overlord of Smashboards

Moydow would want to destroy SmashBoards, if anything.
EtrianOdysseyBoards would be created, and Etrian Odyssey would become more popular than Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom