• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Because after Logan Paul, all westerners have been banned from entering Japan.
I mean, they didnt like westerners before and they probably hate strickly white westeners more now. Only fools Ive seen acting stupid in Japan and other places were white males/Females

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
To be 100% honest, I'm not that concerned with the new stuff.

Obviously I wanna see what cool games they have in store, but at the moment i'm more interested in DLC, Animal Crossing and obviously Pokemon.

So yeah, they can kinda show me anything.
I was like that before Crafted World came out. Now that it's out, I'm looking to the unknown future :yoshi:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
man im just excited for Nintendo's E3 direct in general
i typically end up having a more positive outlook on what they reveal than some people anyway

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why can’t the western company travel to Japan?

For real tho.
That I do not have the answer to.

Again, by no means do I think it's impossible. My point is though that negotiation and collaboration for these characters, the accuracy of their movesets, their expressions, negotiations over their amiibo and pricing, it gets complicated. Sakurai has noted in the past how difficult it can be to consistently make these characters to the demand of the creator, not just with 3rd party companies but closer companies like Game Freak or the Pokemon company.

Now with all of those things, it's far easier to plan, budget, and implement things if you work with companies that you've not only worked with before, but still have quality characters that have demand, and are easy to travel to.

Although, I will say that the presence of Shovel Knight as an Assist Trophy seems to contradict that, but then again he isn't a full fledged playable character.

As I've said to others, it's a wait and see scenario. The biggest thing for me is convenience.

Arcanir Arcanir this would basically be my response to your comment as well. I'm not ignoring you, I swear!

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nintendo's E3 direct is all I care about at E3, so as usual, the event won't start for me until almost the very last day.

D

Deleted member

avoid spoilers like they're the devil himself and watch the direct when you get home.

It'll suck, but that's your option. It'll still be new to you!
Oh, I have done that multiple times.
A direct is not as big as E3.
The thing is, it will not be the same if I am missing it live, because I will have to wait and a feeling like that.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Again, by no means do I think it's impossible. My point is though that negotiation and collaboration for these characters, the accuracy of their movesets, their expressions, negotiations over their amiibo and pricing, it gets complicated. Sakurai has noted in the past how difficult it can be to consistently make these characters to the demand of the creator, not just with 3rd party companies but closer companies like Game Freak or the Pokemon company.

Now with all of those things, it's far easier to plan, budget, and implement things if you work with companies that you've not only worked with before, but still have quality characters that have demand, and are easy to travel to.

Although, I will say that the presence of Shovel Knight as an Assist Trophy seems to contradict that, but then again he isn't a full fledged playable character.

As I've said to others, it's a wait and see scenario. The biggest thing for me is convenience.
Does convenience matter all that much here?

Like, sure, it’s a factor in cases like these, but I think you might be overestimating its importance in this case.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
man im just excited for Nintendo's E3 direct in general
i typically end up having a more positive outlook on what they reveal than some people anyway
I don't think i've ever had a bad Nintendo E3 lol

There's always something for me

Nintendo's E3 direct is all I care about at E3, so as usual, the event won't start for me until almost the very last day.
shes-right-you-9wych9.jpg

Graizen

Smash Champion
They had Sub-Zero and Raiden in Injustice 2.
I don't see why Sub-Zero alone in Smash would be a problem.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

eh, most of my "bets" this time around that have ended up coming true is cause i'm kinda keen on not trying to impose limits on what they're doing so much

like as soon as you try to give them a theoretical restriction, financially, related to time, or otherwise, Smash's team tends to pull an irl "BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE" and give everyone whiplash every single time lol, but hey its a fair conclusion you've made.

we'll see where we're at after E3 for sure.

D

Deleted member

Same here.
Everytime I saw Nintendo's E3, it was fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I wonder if we will get the reveals early, it is a possibility given that Ryu and Roy were revealed like that, weren't they?
They had Sub-Zero and Raiden in Injustice 2.
I don't see why Sub-Zero alone in Smash would be a problem.
Injustice is based on DC characters owned by WB, just like Netherrealm studios.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As for what events i look forward to at E3, obviously my most hype one is Nintendo.
I do try to catch everything I can though so I can post an opinion or at least form one about it, even if I really give **** all about Microsoft and EA

D

Deleted member

I want to get the Infinity Gauntlet so I can make a duplicate of myself.

D

Deleted member

i just want them to reveal erdrick already so we can get on speculating 3, 4, and 5

or hell just reveal erdrick and 3 so we can speculate 4 and 5

end the wait. end my suffering. do it sakurai

please just destroy my Hope
Elma_in_Doll_close_up.JPG.jpg

my last, glimmering bit of Hope

D

Deleted member

i just want them to reveal erdrick already so we can get on speculating 3, 4, and 5

or hell just reveal erdrick and 3 so we can speculate 4 and 5

end the wait. end my suffering. do it sakurai

please just destroy my Hope
View attachment 216148
my last, glimmering bit of Hope
Reveal the characters beyond 2 PM ET.
Nintendo...
Please...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom