• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
In Smash 6, people are going to be asking for a Fortnite character legitimately and seriously. Just like Steve.
To be fair Minecraft has actually stood the test of timing proving it wasn't a fad. Fortnite's going to have to prove itself that it has staying power because we often see gaming fads live and die like Guitar Hero and Rockband

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I feel like Pokémon has gotten incredibly easy since X and Y. There were parts in Gen 5 that were tough, but overall I think Ultra Sun and Moon were the hardest for me.

If you want a hard mode, not using the exp share will add some difficulty. But I do think the game itself should just be harder. In RPG games, bosses will sometimes use strategies that need to be countered in order to win.

Considering the depth of the Pokémon meta, I think Gym leaders could absolutely present a type, but then style of play. Makes it much more rewarding to have a strategy and diverse typing or jobs on the team.

Think like Battle Tree-lite, until you get to actual post-game.
When I first played sun and moon I did it without the exp share and it was a lot of fun, but I remember there being a crazy difficulty spike at the fourth island. I had to turn on the exp share then if I didn't want to grind.

Pokemon really just needs a hard mode, but knowing game freak they'd probably make it gated behind something stupid. It'd be nice to get some sort of official nuzlocke mode.

D

Deleted member

Freddy’s experession in this render is perfect. He’s dissapointed, upset, and depressed all at the same time.
1556996234378.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Pffft y’all already acting like Fortnite mii outfits and Minecraft skin mii outfits aren’t coming soon

osby

Smash Obsessed
Its funny how depressing Persona 4 isnunder that happness.

hell, Persona 4 dancing is about the group being trapped in a world tied to a girl who killed themselves
That's why it works so well. Half of the game is kids being teenagers and the other half is harsh reality slapping them in the face.

Despite stakes being lower, some scenes hit harder than P5 or P3.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Imagine actually spending time as a teenager instead of purchasing the exp boost from the premium currency store to power level yourself from preteen to adult

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
In Smash 6, people are going to be asking for a Fortnite character legitimately and seriously. Just like Steve.
And?

By Smash 6 we'll have many games and characters introduced just like any other game in the series.
People will love these games and want a character in Smash.

It's a cycle.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Black people
In JRPGs

Doesn't happen nearly as much as I want it to

I just wanna self-insert man
Yeah. For me it's less self insert(I HATE naming characters after myself in games, I don't know how other people do it.) and more that other mediums have cool characters like Storm, Avdol, Static, Spawn, Prowler and Piccolo.

Most cool black people in games are from fighting games. Dudley, Raven, Eddy Gordo, Christie, Jade, Jax ect. Zasalamel from Soul Calibur might actually be one of the most interesting from a writing standpoint, barring Eddy Gordo who had actual development each game until Tekken 7.

There's reasons why, I mostly think it has to do with demographics, and the majority of countries that develop games are primarily European and Asian, thus a harder sell to have a protag that isn't of a similar ethnicity or a cartoon-y character. This is why we only see the occasional Black Protag, and there's a decent handful in ensemble casts.

Once again Marketing is my enemy.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That's why it works so well. Half of the game is kids being teenagers and the other half is harsh reality slapping them in the face.

Despite stakes being lower, some scenes hit harder than P5 or P3.
Persona 4 is very light-hearted for being a game about trying to find a serial killer who already has two victims under his belt by the time you start investigating.

D

Deleted member

5ab9ac3.jpg

i remember reading that sony was originally gonna get maguire, garfield, and holland to voice their respective spider-men in spider-verse but it was left on the cutting room floor as it would be too confusing for the ga

anyways all i'm saying is sony you cowards bring maguire home in spider-verse 2

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 215936
i remember reading that sony was originally gonna get maguire, garfield, and holland to voice their respective spider-men in spider-verse but it was left on the cutting room floor as it would be too confusing for the ga

anyways all i'm saying is that sony you cowards bring maguire home in spider-verse 2
I just want Tobey Maguire to make an appearance in a recent Spiderman movie, whether Spider-Verse 2 or Far from Home.
Edit: I do not think Maguire is in Far from Home, they probably already revealed the voice actors.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
View attachment 215936

anyways all i'm saying is that sony you cowards bring maguire home in spider-verse 2
Give us Takuya while you're at it. The people wwnt Toei Spiderman

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bro I just want a Spider-Man 2099 animated movie. They actually managed to make a version of Miles that I liked.

I already really like Miguel. I think there's a lot of potential in a story with him. His journey to slowly become a better person after he became Spider-Man was pretty interesting. Not to mention he takes no prisoners.(Swing TIIIIME) without being too edgy about it.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Fascinating take of the day, I’ll be back in 2 hours to see what I’ve wrought.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tobias McMuffin is not the best Man Spider but he was there for us when we needed him
No one's topping Josh Keaton.

But seriously, who wants to Crowdfund my "Remake Spider-Man 1 and 2 but with Tom Holland so he can finally act more like Spider-Man and be independent, whilst making more jokes than Tobey was allowed to."?

The name might need a bit of work but I think I have something special here.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
"bro, we might be getting two characters at e3"
-Some Dude, twitter

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
The only reason Del is saying first party here with this level of confidence is because he cannot let Lycanroc go

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Seems fair

"A first party, probably"
d1fb3f0f-9d7f-43a3-b849-448173248b71.png

I could be wrong of course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Del man, like his videos, but yeah I really wouldn't count on any first party as dlc, let alone Lycanroc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom