• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Honestly, I think this one line from Haru summarizes my feelings on Morgana quite well.

View attachment 215919

Don't worry about the context.
Yo could you spoiler that? I mean there aren't many ways to interpret that, and each of those interpretations are pretty close to accurate.

Also you leaked a late game party member.

I've already played through the game so it doesn't bother me, but there are plenty of people who haven't. People will have a good idea what the context is from this image. Just out of respect.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Look, all I'm saying is you don't ever see Koromaru perving over Yukari or Mitsuru.

Teddie and Morgana should be more like Koromaru.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Morgana take inspiration from Zorro.

I like Zorro.

I like Morgana.

Here you go.:mybodyisreggie:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ok but could ya not spoil that for me?

Also yeah it's unreasonable, but in the end he is still a good character. Not really sure why people **** on Morgana and love characters such as Ganondorf or Wolf. Morgana is a character in the game, and giving him flaws such as that is just good writing.
My dude are you seriously pulling the "At least he's not as bad as villains" card again like you did with Kamoshida? Because this isn't even a good argument, your argument here is "At least he isn't as bad as the people we're supposed to hate!"
You lose literally nothing from not watching Agents of SHIELD
I mean, Ghost Rider's is there and Ghost Rider's getting a show later so there's that

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I feel like Pokémon has gotten incredibly easy since X and Y. There were parts in Gen 5 that were tough, but overall I think Ultra Sun and Moon were the hardest for me.

If you want a hard mode, not using the exp share will add some difficulty. But I do think the game itself should just be harder. In RPG games, bosses will sometimes use strategies that need to be countered in order to win.

Considering the depth of the Pokémon meta, I think Gym leaders could absolutely present a type, but then style of play. Makes it much more rewarding to have a strategy and diverse typing or jobs on the team.

Think like Battle Tree-lite, until you get to actual post-game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Look, all I'm saying is you don't ever see Koromaru perving over Yukari or Mitsuru.

Teddie and Morgana should be more like Koromaru.
in persona 3: the velvet for ps4, koromaru now becomes human and is voiced by gilbert gottfried

he pervs on all the girls and ken

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
There are a ton of characters I give a pass to either cause they get enough **** in the show for being degenerates or their other qualities make up for the hamfisted anime pervert trope

Morgana has waaaay more things that I dislike about him than the Ann obsession

I like some things too

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly to me it seems like having Morgana **** on Ryuji was an attempt to give him more depth to his character, and prove that he has imperfections, just like anyone.

Just my take on it though.

D

Deleted member

You lose literally nothing from not watching Agents of SHIELD
My siblings love that show, but I just am not in the mood to watch it.
It looks good, but I do not know what is preventing me. My willingness to do other things?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I feel like Pokémon has gotten incredibly easy since X and Y. There were parts in Gen 5 that were tough, but overall I think Ultra Sun and Moon were the hardest for me.

If you want a hard mode, not using the exp share will add some difficulty. But I do think the game itself should just be harder. In RPG games, bosses will sometimes use strategies that need to be countered in order to win.

Considering the depth of the Pokémon meta, I think Gym leaders could absolutely present a type, but then style of play. Makes it much more rewarding to have a strategy and diverse typing or jobs on the team.

Think like Battle Tree-lite, until you get to actual post-game.
Part of the reason Pokemon feels too easy is because every game is made as if nobody has ever played a Pokemon game before. Hell, people said Sun and Moon were hard with **** like the Totem Pokemon but those were piss easy for me and there's not a single trainer in the main game who had a full team of 6 pokemon iirc

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yo could you spoiler that? I mean there aren't many ways to interpret that, and each of those interpretations are pretty close to accurate.

Also you leaked a late game party member.

I've already played through the game so it doesn't bother me, but there are plenty of people who haven't. People will have a good idea what the context is from this image. Just out of respect.
Ah yes, a late game party member who is in all the promotional material, Smash, the title and boot-up screen and literally just as well known as the others. and I cut off the date for a reason, which honestly removes the majority of the 'context'.

But regardless, sure, spoiler tag I guess. Having to talk about it removes that lack of context.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I never played Persona 5, but Persona 5 has been spoiled a little bit for me.
I will try Persona 5 someday.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Man, Card Saga Wars just doesn't want to download for me. I just want to see some Master Chief and MMX combos.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'm like 90% sure hemsworth saw evans filming the helicopter scene in civil war and was like "ay gimme one of those but x10"
"ok mr hemsworth, is there anything else you'd like"
"yeah how about that little guy from game of thrones--tyrone?"
"you mean tyrio-"
"did i ****ing stutter, joseph"

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Part of the reason Pokemon feels too easy is because every game is made as if nobody has ever played a Pokemon game before. Hell, people said Sun and Moon were hard with **** like the Totem Pokemon but those were piss easy for me and there's not a single trainer in the main game who had a full team of 6 pokemon iirc
Totem Lurantis was a ****ing pain in the ass for me.

Like I can't remember if others battle were difficults, but that one is still THE one I remember struggling for awhile.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
in persona 3: the velvet for ps4, koromaru now becomes human and is voiced by gilbert gottfried

he pervs on all the girls and ken
That's an evil the world is not ready to deal with.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is why I don't talk to people often.
My dude are you seriously pulling the "At least he's not as bad as villains" card again like you did with Kamoshida? Because this isn't even a good argument, your argument here is "At least he isn't as bad as the people we're supposed to hate!"

I mean, Ghost Rider's is there and Ghost Rider's getting a show later so there's that
That's not what I said.

I was just saying if we are applying that logic to Morgana it seems a bit odd to not apply it to other characters. It was more so an open thought and not an argument.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've only finished the fourth palace of Persona 5, but I'm generally okay with Morgana. His current behaviour is rather weird (especially since the entire problem could be solved if he simply talked to people instead of running off on his own in an attempt at proving his worth), but it's been built up, at least.

D

Deleted member

What gets me about Pokemon is that there is so much room to do something new. A pokemon game only has to be called pokemon to sell millions, but the games still play it so safe.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
the games still play it so safe.
because literally nothing else will ever come close to competing with it, so they don't need to take risks or do anything crazy experimental

yokai watch tried and now look where it is

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Totem Lurantis was a ****ing pain in the *** for me.

Like I can't remember if others battle were difficults, but that one is still THE one I remember struggling for awhile.
Maybe it's because I picked Litten but I literally OHKO'd it
This is why I don't talk to people often.

That's not what I said.

I was just saying if we are applying that logic to Morgana it seems a bit odd to not apply it to other characters. It was more so an open thought and not an argument.
The other characters you brought up are literally the villains. The bad guys. The people who do th naughty things and need to be stopped. Morgana is supposed to be one of the heroes, the good guys, the kind of people who see someone drop their wallet and go "Hey, you dropped this" and kindly return it to them. You shouldn't be comparing Morgana to the literal King of Evil

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
because literally nothing else will ever come close to competing with it, so they don't need to take risks or do anything crazy experimental

It's actually doing pretty well, but okay.

Roberk

Smash Champion
What gets me about Pokemon is that there is so much room to do something new. A pokemon game only has to be called pokemon to sell millions, but the games still play it so safe.
Less risk and experimentation = more profit. Game Freak sees no reason to bother if they can half-ass a game and still get very positive aggregate reviews and a few dozen million sales.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
It's not just playing it safe all the time that bugs me, but it's the forced tutorials, the lack of proper difficulty options, the need to introduce a new gimmick and then immediately discard the gimmick one game later that bugs me

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

The other characters you brought up are literally the villains. The bad guys. The people who do th naughty things and need to be stopped. Morgana is supposed to be one of the heroes, the good guys, the kind of people who see someone drop their wallet and go "Hey, you dropped this" and kindly return it to them. You shouldn't be comparing Morgana to the literal King of Evil
I picked Popplio if I remember well (been a few years since I played that game lol), and I think I wasn't going off my way to grind at that time, sooooo, you can guess what happened the first time through.:ultsonic:

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Ah yes, a late game party member who is in all the promotional material, Smash, the title and boot-up screen and literally just as well known as the others. and I cut off the date for a reason, which honestly removes the majority of the 'context'.

But regardless, sure, spoiler tag I guess. Having to talk about it removes that lack of context.
I’d argue that’s entirely true.

However, I think they can maintain that feel of “someone’s first Pokémon” while also teaching how to approach the meta. I guess they kind of do that with stuff such as Rock type + lotsa defense curl, but I think it would be actually interesting to see Battle Tree type teams in regular gyms.

Or better yet, maybe part of the post-game could be revisiting the gyms and they have better teams and strategies.

Of course, i’ll never be totally satisfied. Mainly because my vision of Pokémon isn’t like, real time battles, but extensive post-game content, traveling with friends through caves (like the anime), and full side quests that give you good comp items and necessary items to engage legendaries with.

Like the nostalgia of Legendary hunting keeps me thinks back to older games all the time. But I think to innovate or try new things, side quests in-game are the way to go. I personally wish they would do that rather than the “get X item by signing in online!” Not just because it’s weird, but there are certainly folks out there who might have Pokémon, but don’t have Internet.

Pokémon is like, tied for my favorite series though. So I could go on forever.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I've only finished the fourth palace of Persona 5, but I'm generally okay with Morgana. His current behaviour is rather weird (especially since the entire problem could be solved if he simply talked to people instead of running off on his own in an attempt at proving his worth), but it's been built up, at least.
I think at that part of the game, he still tries hard to not damage his "hardcore thief who needs nobody's help" image.

To be honest, I can relate to his mindset during his escape. Morgana has nothing in life that grounds him except his role in the team. Losing his role to Futaba must have felt like losing his purpose in life. Escaping the source of his shock rather than confronting it seems like an overtly emotional but understandable thing to do.

That being said, I think both Ryuji and Morgana were being dumb.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994

It just feels more obvious when Zelda pulled out Breath of the Wild, risking all it's long time fans with a wholly new gameplay style. If that huge brand can take such a risk, why can't Pokemon? At least that's what I think.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Is he, though? It seems like he just loves to downplay Ryuji's accomplishments just because he can, and then when Ryuji does the same thing even once, Morgana can't handle it and runs off, because he's a huge ****in' hypocrite.
The last thing you said was a development of their character, meaning that life isn't always about becoming a human and that I actually have to be a good teammate as well. The first bit, I don't think Morgana downplays Ryuji's accomplishments in particular. However, I will agree that Morgana heavily emphasizes any mistakes Ryuji makes to make himself seem more valuable than the others, which once again is part of his character about wanting to be important, which is why he's a smartass early on and makes jokes out of Ryuji not really knowing how anything works in the metaverse.

Ryuji doesn't bring up "Lady Ann" in half of his dialogue, and make several attempts to flirt with her.

It's pretty telling that in the P5R trailer, when Morgana became human, they chose to focus on him fantasizing about what he could do with Ann now that he was a human.
Oh, I gotcha! So what Ryuji does with practically every other female in the game besides Ann? Also I interpret Morgana as saying "Lady Ann" in a means of glorification rather than pervertedness.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Except I never drew a comparison. I was just putting a genuine thought out there. Want meant to come off as aggressive,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom