• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'll grant that but he's a good dude and does good work.

Don't mind letting him have his holdout all considered.

Niiiiiice. For you and Nopoi both, that's good ****.

If you still feel you have specific things you wanna tweak then I'd tweak em first, otherwise if you just got this general man it doesn't feel done but I don't know what's missing kinda sense then share it and see if the feedback gets you the perspective ya need.

Eh.

It's definitely kill-it-with-fire worthy but I ain't suffering staring at it per se.
Honestly, all I have is the upper torso & the form of the head done, but I just want to see what peoples would say about what I done since the character I am doing is Alicia brother, and let's just say he is quit...different from his younger sister.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
And yet, even amongst all of those swears, he never says "****" once, he substitutes it with "effing" most of the time. Come on Atlus, let poor Ryuji say ****.
I had kinda assumed Atlus was trying to set a limit there, yet later in the game a character said “****.”

Atlus, give our boy freedom.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
THAT DOESN'T MATTER

I DON'T LIKE TWO CHARACTERS OUT OF A 70 CHARACTER ROSTER

THAT MAKES IT ****
Meh I think people are allowed to have their own reasons not to like the game

Though outright calling it **** is another thing ahaha

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Honestly it's one of my more recurring criticisms of Fire Emblem as well. For a series with a named cast of over 800 characters, I think less than ten are anything other than White European or vaguely-Japanese (for the Hoshidans and characters like Kamui). Off the top of my head for characters with darker skin...Fiona, Devdan/Danved, Basilio, Flavia, Boey, and Gray. Heroes has Surtr, Laevatein, Laegjarn, and Helbindi as well, but it's ambiguous as to whether or not they have dark skin or are just tanned, considering they basically live in the land of lava and fire.

Honestly that's part of why I really like Basilio and Flavia. They were pretty much the first black characters in the series to have any sort of relevance, and they were great characters too.

Hoping things get at least somewhat better in this regard in the future. Like you said, it's pretty much just fighting games right now.
Like I said, it's marketing and demographics that are the biggest hurdles I feel.

Even though I'm Black/Hispanic, I don't go liking a character just because they match my ethnicity, they still have to be cool or interesting as a character on top of that. I'd rather avoid swinging the other way and going too deep in affirmative action-y where the characters are bland as a result. So long as the character is interesting, that's the most important to me. But having seen some cool characters in other mediums, I'm sure we can get more cool black dudes at some point.

And the last thing I want is for most games to pull the same **** Hollywood does and focus 85% of black stories(that aren't comedies) on Slavery and the Civil Rights era. I HATE that. I've been tired of seeing it.

But I tend to not worry about it too much since Ethnicity is literally only skin deep. Cool characters are cool, lame characters are lame.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And the last thing I want is for most games to pull the same **** Hollywood does and focus 85% of black stories(that aren't comedies) on Slavery and the Civil Rights era. I HATE that. I've been tired of seeing it.
SO MUCH THIS

But I tend to not worry about it too much since Ethnicity is literally only skin deep. Cool characters are cool, lame characters are lame.
This too

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh absolutely

Dislike it all you want, that's fine. Just don't be a prick.
Ultimate sucks because there's probably gonna be another smash game after this so the title makes literally no sense.

D

Deleted member

Ultimate is trash because it isn’t Melee.

Oh, that memes dead?

thank goodness i thought it wouldnt die

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
these hands were once clean

1556999245078.png

now, they are stained with the blood of a thousand grinch leak characters

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ultimate sucks because there's probably gonna be another smash game after this so the title makes literally no sense.
Next game is Super Smash Bros. Decimation but it cuts more than ten percent of the roster.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Oh no, I'm not a sore loser. I got over Daisy relatively quickly despite how I literally screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" when she was revealed
Haha fair enough

I can’t really RABBID think of a character RABBID that would make me react the same way

RABBIDS

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You say that like I wouldn't take a Pocket Rush. His alt colors could even come from Marvel vs Capcom. Jet, MM5 Coil(pops up from under his Stomach), Spread Shot and Missile Launcher from MM8, Mega Buster from Battle and Chase.

Or add beat and make him like Duck Hunt with a couple more Mega Man-y moves.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
We're getting Psyduck to promote Detective Pikachu game like how Porky will promote Mother 3 localization.
Well, he is among the Detective Pikachu Pokemon toys at Burger King.

It's even in our next batch! I already bought the first 4~

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don't think development team is trying their hardest to make sure there's no disappointed fans, considering :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin: and :ultincineroar::ultken::ultpiranha: combos.
I mean, there's also some varying degrees of :ultkrool::ultridley::ultdarksamus: and :ultsimon::ultrichter::ultjoker: and :ultinkling::ultinklingboy::ultisabelle: and :ultsnake::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultwolf:.

They're absolutely looking to please fans, I think it's just that they're not beholden to it, so if they think something's cool they go for it anyway.

Besides, :ultbayonetta::ultincineroar::ultpiranha: are dope.

Honestly, all I have is the upper torso & the form of the head done, but I just want to see what peoples would say about what I done since the character I am doing is Alicia brother, and let's just say he is quit...different from his younger sister.
Ah.

Well in that case let it loose fam.

Red, I love ya but that's literally what I already said. Not attacking his person at all
I blame being tired and missing stuff.

We can do the Bale-Kermit nod and roll with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom