• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly I feel Thanos' petty nature is what makes him so memorable to me, there's his incel motivation and then there's how he ALWAYS ruins this one random human's birthday just because he doesn't like them.

Also I demand that once Dr. Doom gets in the MCU he says **** like this
This **** alongside being offended at the idea he should use doors, Thanos going "When I had the Infinity Gauntlet, I was worthy, you aren't worthy of it and I shall beat you!" at him to which he replies "Do you have one of these now?" and then killing him after Thanos still tries to act tough and how he gives Spiderman **** for not knowing the nerdest **** about Star Trek

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Fun is not something one considers while debating the Almighty California Raisin's motivations from a movie I only know from YouTube examinations.

But this...does put a smile on my face.

1556919955368.png

Wintropy though.

I'm sorry little one.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Honestly I feel Thanos' petty nature is what makes him so memorable to me, there's his incel motivation and then there's how he ALWAYS ruins this one random human's birthday just because he doesn't like them.

Also I demand that once Dr. Doom gets in the MCU he says **** like this
This **** alongside being offended at the idea he should use doors, Thanos going "When I had the Infinity Gauntlet, I was worthy, you aren't worthy of it and I shall beat you!" at him to which he replies "Do you have one of these now?" and then killing him after Thanos still tries to act tough and how he gives Spiderman **** for not knowing the nerdest **** about Star Trek
If Doom gets into the MCU, can I make just on request?

LET HIM OWN A ****ING COUNTRY THIS TIME!!!

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Absolutely

I'm 1000% positive

with a 1% margin of error
If you can say that, then I can say that you will absolutely find a girl as well.

>;^)
It took me years to find a girlfriend who didn't cheat on me within a couple months of our relationship, and now I've been with my current girlfriend for almost 2 years.

Never give up, you'll find someone eventually.
To be serious, this is where I'm at.

I'll try to pursue opportunities as they come up, but if they don't turn out then I'll just keep trying.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

also oh my god i can't believe i missed the thanos talk

anyways he's more memorable like this rather than only wanting skeleton coochie

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I bet y'all thought I was kidding by saying that Doom outnerded Spiderman
15569186091726724332879583926227.png

Dr. Doom is a man who has literally gone to hell and back, learned how to use both magic and science and has been deemed morally just by ****ing God. He's also a huge ****ing nerd

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
also oh my god i can't believe i missed the thanos talk

anyways he's more memorable like this rather than only wanting skeleton coochie
ok but can you imagine the scene where strange talks to thanos except thanos starts out by saying "so yeah there's this really ****ing hot chick called death and i'm kinda into her so i'm gonna have to kill everyone"

D

Deleted member

View attachment 215593
Dr. Doom is a man who has literally gone to hell and back, learned how to use both magic and science and has been deemed morally just by ****ing God. He's also a huge ****ing nerd
Hey remember that time Doom got god powers and just completely reshaped the multiverse?

D

Deleted member

I don't care whether Thanos is right or wrong and whether he believes that or not. That doesn't matter.
What matters is what the film believes. And Infinity War believes Thanos is right. They paint the conflict of the film as being some "deep philosophical" debate on "is it right to commit genocide to save the universe?" instead of "we must stop this mad man from commiting genocide" as it should have been.
Infinity War paints Thanos as reasonable, sympathetic and human. What do you think the lack of helmet was for? It was to make him feel more human, much like how removing a mask is synonymous to revealing one's humanity.

Does his plan have flaws? It sure does but the issue isn't that those flaws exist, it's that they're not commented on. No character ever says "that wouldn't actually work" or "you could do this instead", they just accept that what Thanos wants to accomplish is right and that just his methods are wrong, not his endgoal.
Plenty of characters get to call his genocide bit out so clearly it isn't that they didn't have the time or chance to question it but no one ever bothers to mention how stupid it actually is. No one even bothers to point out how he's clearly doing it just to prove himself right even though he isn't. I mean, hell, he pretty much says to Gamora's face it worked on her planet and that's never contested so... guess he was right after all?

And speaking of her, the scenes with Gamora? He's allowed to present himself as this big caring father figure despite the whole abuse he made her and Nebula go through. He cries. He mourns. The film allows itself to present this abusive """"father"""" as having some good intentions after all. Him killing her is painted as tragic(for him) and necessary when all it does is show he didn't even care for her considering he never hesitated. Heck, the Guardians don't even get a chance to mourn her death but Thanos does.

And this is just a narrative analysis. I haven't even mentioned acting, framing, editing, lighting, sound, etc etc.
The whole ****ong scene of him looking over the sunset fills me with rage because it's them painting the Snap as a noble heroic act that symbolizes the end of his journey.

As for Endgame...
His portrayal in it is one of my favorite things about it. They fixed pretty much every problem I had with his original portrayal.
They paint him as the abusive self-centered Mad Titan he is. They don't make up excuses for his actions and never once do we see him being allowed to project his feelings.

He's painted as having a God complex and only doing it because to prove he's right even when he has proof he isn't right in his face. Every part of how the third act scenes are built paint him as dangerous, insane and unstable, because that's all he really is.

And when he tries to play the "caring father" with Nebula? Thor chops off his head. And later in the film, his abuse is clearly shown to be manipulating past Nebula and what makes past Gamora once again **** off from his side.

Infinity War would have been 100% more enjoyable had they gone on this direction from the start.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
View attachment 215593
Yeesh, first he screws up this reference in One More Day
D931B055-A8D5-4733-ABA2-B55D46CD9AA3.jpeg

(Never even seen Dallas yet I know it’s supposed to be Pam waking up to find Bobby Ewing in the shower) and Doom has to correct him on a Star Trek reference. Slipping up too much Spidey.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Did you do it?

Yep.

What did it cost?

1556921154606.png

I mean not a lot if we're being honest.

avi_thirsty.png

And that's the last of these I do for a minute because the Thanos joke's exhausted and the next dude up is like a thousand away.

Also I need sleep. Nap at least.

Peace peeps, wish me luck staying awake for game night.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Holy **** the guy who voiced the goddamn mascot in Borderlands never got a single penny for the voice work. And I thought that Randy Pitchford was the only garbage left after Colonial Marines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom