• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think that has more to do with RDJ.

Design wise I like his 90's look the most. With a few tweaks, and I mean very few, he could still rock this look to this day.

View attachment 215584

I think the gold chest looks cooler than gold thighs outta nowhere.
Robots. Should. Not. Have. Abs.

Seriously. Pre MCU Iron Man looked awful. Heck, MOST Marvel heroes look terrible pre-MCU.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
Comic Thanos is superior because committing cosmic atrocities in the name of wanting a goth GF is substantially more relatable

Shroob

Sup?
Did you do it?

Yep.

What did it cost?

View attachment 215599

I mean not a lot if we're being honest.

View attachment 215601

And that's the last of these I do for a minute because the Thanos joke's exhausted and the next dude up is like a thousand away.

Also I need sleep. Nap at least.

Peace peeps, wish me luck staying awake for game night.
A...ahaha.... you wouldn't stab a brother in the back now...

Would you?

Iridium

Smash Hero
I thought I was free, but I just realized my biggest HS exam as of right now starts next week. Too tired for this...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why did I put so much effort into this at midnight while I'm tired as ****?
Kasumi bed uhhh.gif

God, what a fool I am.

Anyway, good night everyone, don't worry, Kasumi is fine....I think.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Seriously. Pre MCU Iron Man looked awful. Heck, MOST Marvel heroes look terrible pre-MCU.
I mean I wouldn’t say it’s as bad as the Bat-Nipples™ and Bat-Cheeks from the Schumacher films, but yeah that’s definitely a product of its time and I’m glad it’s not common in his current appearances.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Holy **** the guy who voiced the goddamn mascot in Borderlands never got a single penny for the voice work. And I thought that Randy Pitchford was the only garbage left after Colonial Marines
Eddings was working for Gearbox at the time as the VP of licensing, and Gearbox mostly pulled from internal staff to voice-act for the first Borderlands instead of hiring career voice actors, so to say he wasn't getting paid is somewhat misleading. He also got fired in 2017 and said he wouldn't come back to do Claptrap in the future, so the recast isn't surprising.
The problem is that it sounds like they didn't offer a bonus or extra pay for his VA work, which yeah is pretty ****ty.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that Disney has the rights. One MCU film I want to see is a Ka-Zar film set in the Savage Land with Sauron and Stegron as the main antagonists.

Plus dinosaurs and that sells well with kids. Imagine what Marvel and dinosaurs combined would do.

D

Deleted member

It also sucks getting about 5 quizzes a week, but it does test my memory.
Every part of school sucks for me (except the breaks. And summer is so close man...I can taste it)

Last edited by a moderator:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
A...ahaha.... you wouldn't stab a brother in the back now...

Would you?
Fam there's a five thousand like gap between us and I ain't taking anything seriously.

If I pass you up when you got that kinda headstart it's your own damn fault.

Tripping into your own knife, it is.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

However, they should have facial expressions
0139C203-5C64-4ED3-8400-FC9A722493FE.jpeg

(I know this is stark’s Nanotechnology suit, but it still looks terrible. Also sorry if it looks like a scp document, I had to censor the swearing multiple times.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Eddings was working for Gearbox at the time as the VP of licensing, and Gearbox mostly pulled from internal staff to voice-act for the first Borderlands instead of hiring career voice actors, so to say he wasn't getting paid is somewhat misleading. He also got fired in 2017 and said he wouldn't come back to do Claptrap in the future, so the recast isn't surprising.
The problem is that it sounds like they didn't offer a bonus or extra pay for his VA work, which yeah is pretty ****ty.
I'm aware, I specifically said for the voice work
I thought I was free, but I just realized my biggest HS exam as of right now starts next week. Too tired for this...
IMG_20190501_120757.jpg

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Comic Thanos is superior because committing cosmic atrocities in the name of wanting a goth GF is substantially more relatable
Can confirm.

Would commit cosmic atrocities to see mine again.

Gonna sleep for real now, only getting 30 min here.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
It also sucks getting about 5 quizzes a week, but it does test my memory.
Ahh yes, the concept of memory...
>Studies and tries to remember concepts for hours on end
>Bull****s his way through tests the next day
>Immediately forgets all the content studied after finishing said tests
It's a curse...

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
What is this 'work' you speak of.
A thing that adults have to begrudgingly have to do because the world is **** and you gotta work until you die for paper that won’t have any worth in another couple hundred years instead of being allowed to just enjoy the short life you got.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
However, they should have facial expressions
View attachment 215608
(I know this is stark’s Nanotechnology suit, but it still looks terrible. Also sorry if it looks like a scp document, I had to censor the swearing multiple times.)
Man, I didn’t think Greg Land’s tracing could get any worse.

D

Deleted member

I don't care whether Thanos is right or wrong and whether he believes that or not. That doesn't matter.
What matters is what the film believes. And Infinity War believes Thanos is right. They paint the conflict of the film as being some "deep philosophical" debate on "is it right to commit genocide to save the universe?" instead of "we must stop this mad man from commiting genocide" as it should have been.
They do point out the obvious wrongness in his plan, but I think it breaks up the pace of the movie for a character to go "UMM SUPPLY CHAINS". Ultimately, it's an action movie, it isn't worth it to have the heroes sit down and explain why the villain is wrong.
Thanos being wrong is self-evident. They don't need to explain why it's wrong anyways imo.
I wouldn't say that's accurate. Several characters point out that he's a genocidal maniac. That's why they're stopping him. That's why he's the villain. The heroes, the people we're rooting for, make it a point to say they don't trade lives.
Hell, we ignoring the ending? It's a tragic look over the impact of Thanos's actions.

Beloved characters are dead, cities are collapsing, characters are mourning. It makes it clear that what Thanos did was a tragedy, it was genocidal, it was insane. If they were trying to make you agree with Thanos, they wouldn't have included the Spider Man scene.

Infinity War paints Thanos as reasonable, sympathetic and human. What do you think the lack of helmet was for? It was to make him feel more human, much like how removing a mask is synonymous to revealing one's humanity.
I feel like you're mixing up sympathy wiht understanding. Infinity War wants us to understand Thanos's motivation, not sympathise with it. Again, remember the opening scene?
It's literally Thanos cruelly slaughtering the Asgardians, scarring Hulk. and killing loki. He is undeniably framed as the bad guy. And remember, this is the opening scene. It's how everybody is introduced to movie Thanos.

Certainly sets him up as the villain. And that's the difference, the film goes out of its way to explain his motivations so that we understand WHY he's doing this, but we don't agree with it.

Does his plan have flaws? It sure does but the issue isn't that those flaws exist, it's that they're not commented on. No character ever says "that wouldn't actually work" or "you could do this instead", they just accept that what Thanos wants to accomplish is right and that just his methods are wrong, not his endgoal.
They do point out the obvious wrongness in his plan, but I think it breaks up the pace of the movie for a character to go "UMM SUPPLY CHAINS". Ultimately, it's an action movie, it isn't worth it to have the heroes sit down and explain why the villain is wrong.
Thanos being wrong is self-evident. They don't need to explain why it's wrong anyways imo.

Plenty of characters get to call his genocide bit out so clearly it isn't that they didn't have the time or chance to question it but no one ever bothers to mention how stupid it actually is. No one even bothers to point out how he's clearly doing it just to prove himself right even though he isn't. I mean, hell, he pretty much says to Gamora's face it worked on her planet and that's never contested so... guess he was right after all?
Again, pacing. Would it have hurt for one character to say "you're being egotistical and are wrong"? Maybe not, but again, the audience already knows.
Gamora is a hero, she's been an established protagonist. Thanos's first appearance is him slaughtering innocents. He's the bad guy. We see him lining up and killing people. He steals Gamora from her family. We know he's the villain. We know he's an arrogant maniac. It wouldn't be worth it to have them say it out loud too.

And speaking of her, the scenes with Gamora? He's allowed to present himself as this big caring father figure despite the whole abuse he made her and Nebula go through. He cries. He mourns. The film allows itself to present this abusive """"father"""" as having some good intentions after all. Him killing her is painted as tragic(for him) and necessary when all it does is show he didn't even care for her considering he never hesitated. Heck, the Guardians don't even get a chance to mourn her death but Thanos does.
Thanos is a villain yes, but he's also framed as sort of the main character. Blah blah we know he's the villain, we know he's abusive from EVERYTHING with Nebula. We see his mourning again so we understand him, but the entire context lets us know he's in the wrong. And you say it yourself, it's tragic for him. The film's a look into the character of a psychotic maniac who truly believes he's right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom