• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

jesus the new endgame tv spots are like

super spoilery wtf

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean I wouldn’t say it’s as bad as the Bat-Nipples™ and Bat-Cheeks from the Schumacher films, but yeah that’s definitely a product of its time and I’m glad it’s not common in his current appearances.
The overall layout of the suit is fine. And it's a suit of armor. Some armors have abs on them.

1556923894246.png

It's Roman styled if anything. And you could remove the abs and I'd still like that armor design the most.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
All of this Gentleposting is really reactivating my creative process.
1551492297939.png

D

Deleted member

Not going to respond to each section individually because I have no easy way to do so.
But ahem, as I said, what we know doesn't matter. "We" know Thanos is wrong and "we" know he's abusive, but the movie doesn't present it like that. The movie gives us a featherless chicken and calls it a man even though we know that isn't one.
And I say "we" because a lot of people clearly don't seem to know that, just take a look at how many "Thanos was right" **** got thrown around.

Also, Black Panther bothers to explain why Killmonger is wrong and all they needed was a few lines and how they presented him. So a +2 hour movie has no "time" or "pacing" issues to deal with when they bothered with it in a previous movie.
And besides, it's not like Shut Up Hannibal isn't a very common trope yet he never gets that. Thanos always gets the last word.

And I didn't mention the opening scene because it contradicts the rest of the film. Yes, they show him being an evil ******* but that whole thing is dropped as soon as it ends and all it does is make the movie more of a mess.

And finally, yes, they are trying to make Thanos sympathetic. I'm tired of this being said while completely ignoring every film technique used to make a character look sympathetic.
You don't show a character crying unless you want your audience to sympathize with them.
Apologies about that, edited the post for presentation.
Anyways, you say it yourself. You can't just ignore the opening scene.
It's literally the very first thing we see of Thanos, it's the entire introduction of his actual character. Its extremely mimportant as it gives us our forst impression of Thanos. And guess what, our first impression of Thanos is that he's a cruel genocidal maniac who abuses his own minions and outright kills them while slaughtering innocents for his own sense of justice. Yeah I can see why he's sympathetic. And come on, you can't seriously be arguing that because a few people online said Thanos is right he's a bad villain? Some people are dumb dumbs. 99% are joking. Plus, hey, some people said Kilmonger was right too. Some people will always agree with the villain, especially one like Thanos where it's framed so that we understand his motives.
Haven't watched Black Panther myself, can't comment on that unless you show a scene. But do consider that this movie is filled with tons of characters who need to interact with each other and develop too. Would a line where a character says Thanos's plan is wrong without going into details gone reminisce? Maybe not, but you need to have a rigth balance of talking and action. And again, opening scene, everything else, audience already knows Thanos is the bad guy in the wrong.
They show Thanos crying yes, and I'm not gonna deny they're not framing Thanos as irredeemable pure evil, but I'm not going to argue that they're making him sympathetic. Through every other scene, we know he's evil. This is in the last quarter of the movie. Him crying is a way of showing the audience his love for Gamora is legit, a minor way of showing that since it sorta comes out of nowhere considering he's depicted as clearly abusive and a tyrant prior. It's a further way of allowing the reader to understand that he really does BELIEVE what he's doing is right. In a way it paints him as even more of a villain, this sick dictator who tosses away human life because he genuinely believes it's good, isn't that more repulsive than someone who does it just cause?

Blegh, words.

D

Deleted member

99% are joking.
that's a bold assumption when it's a proven fact that Thanos Did Nothing Wrong

like all he did was murder half the universe + some and abuse his daughters and i get that that may be construed as "evil" but i mean come on

look at this face
Screenshot_2019-04-10-09-58-31.png

does that look like the face of a bad guy to you

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Brb, finding the nearest priest to exorcise this cursed as hell thread.
you think religion can stop the level of cursed that we're on right now, idon?

1556924558089.png

1556924577944.png

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
god i can't wait for the followup to corrin x cookie, corrin x diarrhea fountain
Time to ruin your post:

The chocolate fountain that Panda posted IS chocolate, but it's from getting too much water added to the chemistry, so the chocolate clumps together like that. You fix the fountain by adding oil or heavy cream to the solution.

There, just chocolate. Not chili, not Fondoodoo, just poorly-mixed chocolate.

D

Deleted member

Really, Onereasonanddone? Really?
This does not make me uncomfortable, for some reason. I would never eat that though.
Never forget

Goddamn ebaumsworld watermark, bloody hell, you kids are probably too young to know what this is ya whippersnappers.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Never forget

Goddamn ebaumsworld watermark, bloody hell, you kids are probably too young to know what this is ya whippersnappers.
The funniest part is that the hotdog isn't even heated, lmao.

that's a bold assumption when it's a proven fact that Thanos Did Nothing Wrong

like all he did was murder half the universe + some and abuse his daughters and i get that that may be construed as "evil" but i mean come on

look at this face
View attachment 215633
does that look like the face of a bad guy to you
t.Thanos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom