• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
It would have been more believable if he wanted to double the resources where it counts instead.
Another thing with Thanos' plan...Why didn't he just make infinite resources such as more planets and such. There no need to wiping out 50% of all life like...Was it even that hard to begin with?

Literally the stones gives you the powers of God.
This I agree with wholeheartedly.

But again, he'd already taken this kind of action repeatedly in the past, and in his eyes he'd seen it work. If he suddenly realized he was wrong he'd also have realized he was wrong all those other times in the past.

Some people just can't have that. The only way to justify every atrocity they perpetuate is to see it through to the end, because they can't face themselves otherwise.

We call it crazy. We call it irrational. Because it is.

But he's called the Mad Titan and y'all expecting different.

D

Deleted member

Except Ultron WAS right, he just looked at the internet for 5 minutes and felt we've failed as a species, how could he NOT be right?
You're just proving my second point, Gwendolyn
I love Red’s trope talk videos and have always agreed with every thing in them, but I don’t see why she said the Emperor was uncharismatic. I felt like he was like the joker, he just loves his work and all the evil he does, cackle and laughing at how his plans fold out.
compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.

Charisma is the last word I'd use to describe some wrinkly old man whose only scene is cackling and ranting about how cool his lightning powers are.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ain't about his actions, it's about his convictions.

He believed the hell out of every last scrap of bull**** he spat out. He saw everything through his own lens.

People can convince themselves they're heroic even when they're doing some incredibly heinous stuff in the name of their greater good. That doesn't make them unsympathetic or inhuman. That just means those things don't stop them from being both delusional and evil.
Ok but being so gleeful about murder and torture kind of makes the "He only wanted to do what's right!" not work as well as it should have
Another thing about Thanos' goal. It was literally just Ultron's recycled but on a much grander scale.
Well, considering how Marvel Comics have existed for nearly an entire century, you're bound to have some characters resemble each other and both Thanos and Ultron are some of Marvel's most well-known villains. That being said you're still a bit wrong as Thanos truly believed his actions could change society for the better. Ultron wanted to destroy society
Ultron was the **** in the comics. Movie Ultron was big Sleep.

View attachment 215578

The design of his mask was lame too. Less is more in some cases.
Ultron's head already gives off an incredibly intimidating look which fits the irredeemable ****bag perfectly but they wanted to make Ultron more human, which is why they literally gave him the stupid ****ing mo-cap head
I'm literally subscribed to her channel you finkledinker

Speaking of which, really wish that wasn't played for sympathetic points.
Imagine someone murders your entire family, half of your race, kidnaps you, raises you as a child soldier and then demands gratitude for "making you strong" only for it to culminate in them killing you for their genocidal plan.
It's 500% abusive and IW tries to validate throught the universe acknowledging Thanos's twisted form of love and Red Skull calling Gamora "daughter of Thanos".
YOU ONLY KNOW OF THE CHANNEL BECAUSE I LINKED THAT LOVECRAFT HALLOWEEN SPECIAL

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Ultron was the **** in the comics. Movie Ultron was big Sleep.

View attachment 215578

The design of his mask was lame too. Less is more in some cases.
God, anytime I see old Iron Man designs I remember the general public didn't really love Iron Man until the MCU started and made him cool.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Imagine having your whole motivation for being a tyrant is trying to get laid or some idiotic sense of "balance" instead of controlling the free will of all that exists.

Darkseid Laugh.jpeg

Darkseid's that *****. Thanos who?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ain't about his actions, it's about his convictions.

He believed the hell out of every last scrap of bull**** he spat out. He saw everything through his own lens.

People can convince themselves they're heroic even when they're doing some incredibly heinous stuff in the name of their greater good. That doesn't make them unsympathetic or inhuman. That just means those things don't stop them from being both delusional and evil.
You see right here, this is how I write most of my vilains. I don't try to excuse their actions if they are really horrible and/or inhuman, but I want to make sure you understand why they believe what they are doing is right in their eyes. It doesn't make them sympathic in some/most cases, but at the very least you understand their logic and why they act the way they are.

But since it's too late for me to go well over that stuff, just remind me that, once I am done with the sprite of Alicia's brother (the succubus-alien I keep showing off like the lazy **** I am), I try to explain his motivation and way of thinking and see if his character is filled with hole like his face or not, who know, might be fun.:mybodyisreggie:

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If you handle more resources to the sapient beings of the universe they will not appreciate them, they will exploit them again, they will fight for them again. Giving things in silver plates doesn't land a lesson, but reducing and controlling the beings in this Universe by any means will do.

-Thanos, probably.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly what pisses me off most about Ultron is learning about how he actually is. I didn't even know Ultron existed before the movie but he's not only this amazingly evil villain, but he's also fought against Kang the Conquer who kept having to time travel and grab more people to fend off Ultron to the point reality nearly ****ing collapsed because Ultron just wouldn't go down

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What is an Ultron?

A miserable little pile of CGI?!

Nah, real talk, imo, Ultron was the weakest MCU Avengers villian. He kinda felt like a generic big bad who becomes big bad because humanity or something. He didn't really feel like a threat compared to Loki or Thanos either.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
God, anytime I see old Iron Man designs I remember the general public didn't really love Iron Man until the MCU started and made him cool.
I think that has more to do with RDJ.

Design wise I like his 90's look the most. With a few tweaks, and I mean very few, he could still rock this look to this day.

Iron Man 90s Suit.jpg

I think the gold chest looks cooler than gold thighs outta nowhere.

D

Deleted member

Ok but being so gleeful about murder and torture kind of makes the "He only wanted to do what's right!" not work as well as it should have
Pretty sure that's the point. He's the big bad villain, ultimately the audience isn't supposed to agree with him. I think the point is that he is an evil, cruel, callous dictator who in his own twisted way believe he's doing what's best. That makes for a villain we understand but still root against. And by that measure I'd say Thanos was a great villain.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
If you handle more resources to the sapient beings of the universe they will not appreciate them, they will exploit them again, they will fight for them again. Giving things in silver plates doesn't land a lesson, but reducing and controlling the beings in this Universe by any means will do.

-Thanos, probably.
always finish a race
-Thanos, probably

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Well no ****, that's why he got villain billing.

Also it shows the cracks in his carefully constructed bull**** facade.

Fun isn't something one considers when bringing balance to the universe? Bull****, that's why you're ****ing smiling you Grape Ape ************.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
if Ryan Reynolds Deadpool detective pikachu isn’t in the next saga then marvel loses the console war

D

Deleted member

Let's start a fun debate.
Who is the most powerful Marvel, DC and DBZ character in your opinion?
( I added DBZ for fun. )

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Personally the villains I like to see are the ones that compliment/mirror the heroes and challenge an aspect of them. There’s a lot of good examples within Batman’s rogues gallery such as Riddler testing his detective skills, Scarecrow use of fear as a weapon, etc.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Let's start a fun debate.
Who is the most powerful Marvel character in your opinion?
Who is the most powerful DC character in your opinion?
Dunno about DC but in Mahvel Onslaught is the definition of hax

D

Deleted member

Man Endgame was awesome, Glad I saw it relatively early in the day too.

But I'm sad this part of Marvel is over, though I'm excited to see what the future Marvel movies bring.

D

Deleted member

Whenever I think of Darkseid I think about **** like this

Dude is always just ****ing awaiting heroes in their own home, just sitting on their chair. And they can't do anything about because he's a ****ing god.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
It's kept me up five and a half hours past my designated sleeping time.

Truly, it is an evil to be feared.
who was there when the hour was late, and we were at our weakest?

smashboards dot com

who was there to fill the long night with degeneracy and utter filth?

smashboards dot com

who was there when a pox was set upon our houses, our crops burned and our servants beaten in the streets?

smashboards dot com

who was there at the end of all things--ethereal, eternal, inevitable?

smashboards dot com

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I mean, Zen-Oh is literally the most powerful thing in Dragon Ball. That's kind of his whole point
Zen-Oh is literally a ****ing Wooper.

Whenever I think of Darkseid I think about **** like this

Dude is always just ****ing awaiting heroes in their own home, just sitting on their chair. And they can't do anything about because he's a ****ing god.
"And Darkseid's next act is to keep his giant godly ass on your sofa and finish watching this episode of The Price Is Right. Now bring me a beverage."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom