• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bro. I forgot that. Hector was in the show and everything.

That said, while I normally don't like changing a character's ethnicity, TV Isaac was more interesting than GIMP Anime pretty boy Isaac.
I think the ethnicity change also did wonders for Isaac as a character, helping recontextualize his hatred for humanity and devotion to Dracula.

Honestly Hector and Isaac were some of the best parts of season two, IMO.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
whoops looks like i dropped something

You abhorrent scum. You ignorant fool. I will sue you. You are going to be the target of the greatest lawsuit the world has ever seen. You don't know why? It's completely obvious. It's so obvious, the most deplorable peasant could grasp the full magnitude of your wickedness and treachery with the greatest of ease. Your actions cry out for mercy, and I will be happy to deliver it. And if you're thinking this is a mistake, or merely a deception of mine, you're sadly mistaken, my friend. I have indisputable proof of your continued harassment and other offenses. Even without it, the jury would take one look at you and decide. The incomprehensible magnitude of your crimes brings with it unavoidable, infinite guilt, and whether you notice it or not, everyone else does. Are you interested in who will be serving as the offense attorney? I'll tell you. It's my father. Your defense? It doesn't matter, in fact, they might just not give you one even to spare just one individual from the trauma. My father is the greatest lawyer in the US, the world, and human history, including the future, which he knows due to the fact that he sued the future and they travelled back in time to tell him. He's served for hundreds of Supreme Court cases, and he's won every single one. You may have never thought about being court-marshaled, but now, that's a real threat. That is the power of my father, a culmination of flawless, supreme logic and a perfect knowledge of the law. You will lose this case, your money, and your life. Does that scare you, insignificant bug? Because it should. The entire history of the U.S. Judicial System has been leading up to this moment, where all of its fury is concentrated on ruining your life. My father won't even need to help. Your heinous crimes will be evident to all, so just give up, you crook. Give up before you're forced to.
Stinky_Hat.png

(I win *****)
Yes, I'm your mom!

And I'm going to take the Xbox if you aren't more less of a dingus. >:V
View attachment 215557

Plz don't make my ****post seriously, especially when I make fun of myself.
Hi "Your mom"! I'm "Not Your Son!" ;v

Glad we cleared that up, eh?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh hey an excuse to post this
Tbh, I really dislike the idea that "good villains are sympathetic and/or morally gray" for multiple reasons but the biggest one is that it's why we got the mess that Infinity War Thanos was.
I thought I wasn't gonna like this video.

But I do. I really do.

Thank ye.

1514610431001.png

I still think dumping on Thanos is a ****ing nuclear habanero take but thank ye.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh hey an excuse to post this
Tbh, I really dislike the idea that "good villains are sympathetic and/or morally gray" for multiple reasons but the biggest one is that it's why we got the mess that Infinity War Thanos was.
What about a villain that's basically acting on instinct, not out of a conscious will to do evil?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Villains don't need to be sympathetic to be good.

We're not even supposed to like Venom or Eddy Brock.
I guess my issue is that they made Sandman too sympathetic for him to not be the main villian.

Not saying that Venom isn't a good villian, but they made us care to much for Sandman that it's kinda jarring that it was Venom who got the main villian role.

Or something like that.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
D

Deleted member

Eh, I don’t even need a drink for this, BRING IT!

Me: posts super long, well thought out analysis on Smash and explains deeper ideas nobody is thinking about, and that no one asked for.

Also me:
I didn't think you were going to look like the hot version of Keemstar, but here we are!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Not quite. That pic is me, last summer, at a family picnic for my girlfriend.

I look stylish today. Mainly because I have a banquet to attend. I look way more like Chris Evans when i’m dressed up.
Then your stylish power is higher than before.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I think the ethnicity change also did wonders for Isaac as a character, helping recontextualize his hatred for humanity and devotion to Dracula.

Honestly Hector and Isaac were some of the best parts of season two, IMO.
That story could have worked regardless of his race(slaves of all sorts existed, especially at the time, but I get making him black is more "recognizable" to most people), but it's mostly that he doesn't dress as an Idiot now. And he's less flamboyant Psycho, and more slient and creepy psycho.

Granted to me, its annoying how so many black stories focus on slavery and Civil Rights era. But that's something else entirely.

D

Deleted member

When they made Thanos in the MCU into yet again another typical sympathetic villain I literally rage quit.

As if we haven't seen that done before...:rolleyes:

I want to see more evil remorseless monsters which Thanos should had been in the first place in the MCU.
You mean being a ****ing maniac fanatic who wants to wipe half of the universe is sympathetic?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
How the hell is Thanos the worst case of the MCU trying to make a villain complex, Ultron literally just wants to destroy all organic life forms and **** Wasp because **** humans, especially Ant Man in the comics yet in the MCU he's just not nearly as cold, savage and utterly despicable. In the comics, literally nobody liked Ultron, not even his own children, because Ultron was so goddamn evil.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What about a villain that's basically acting on instinct, not out of a conscious will to do evil?
That's more of a force of nature really.

Evil is conscious, malicious action. No conscious action, no evil.

Doesn't make it not bad, doesn't keep it from being a good antagonist, but evil it ain't.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You mean being a ****ing maniac fanatic who wants to wipe half of the universe is sympathetic?
Sympathetic in the fact he cries when he sacrifices Gamora revealing he always loved her as a daughter as well as regretting his actions for what he's doing in order to achieve his goal. Yes that sounds sympathetic.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Just got done spray painting my Gamecube controller, and now my hand hurts from holding down the nozzle of the spray paint can for so long.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I got a really cheap pencil set because I felt like I owe it to myself to get something to help develop this skill and keep me sane in these trying times and since I’m at work I decided to do a quick little doodle / sketch

Hope y’all like it
And ignore the hand and sleeve cause I got a bit lazy so

And the torso muscles cause idk how to visualize those yet so I just kinda doodled them in

And the scar also cause lazy

Edit: oops used an older picture my bad
Replaced it with one I just took

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got a really cheap pencil set because I felt like I owe it to myself to get something to help develop this skill and keep me sane in these trying times and since I’m at work I decided to do a quick little doodle / sketch

Hope y’all like it
And ignore the hand and sleeve cause I got a bit lazy so

And the torso muscles cause idk how to visualize those yet so I just kinda doodled them in

And the scar also cause lazy
Hey man, your art is getting better. Keep it up.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So you don't want villains with depth, got it.
If it hasn't been overdone I wouldn't have a problem. I said it before I'm aware every form of media has cliches its just the ones used too much I have a problem with. I miss villains who were remorseless and just evil monsters wish they'd do more of those.

Plus if done right such villains like that can be in-depth just look at Scar from The Lion King.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom