• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
deleting the most likes might as well get rid of the members page tbh

thats pretty much the only reason people go there. no one is gonna beat Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen in their lifetime so theres no point

D

Deleted member

deleting the most likes might as well get rid of the members page tbh

thats pretty much the only reason people go there. no one is gonna beat Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen in their lifetime so theres no point
Even in our dreams, we can't even beat her.
I had a strange dream.

I dreamt that Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen lost all their likes, and remained first in likes. How? Every user on the site liked a single new post.

Strange no?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My proposition is for those lacking a word to describe them. I also don't think words like "tomboy" are that good, while not outright offensive like "t**p", since they imply these are necessarily traits of the opposite gender alongside the unfortunate implications of it being "outside of the norm"(as you don't have a term for feminine women), which is why I prefer to just use terms like "masculine" or "feminine"(even if that may sound contradictory, they can be attached to either without implicating a norm either way simce both "masculine man" and "feminine man" in this case are referred to in the same way).

/genderrant
I understand and for the most part agree on a theoretical level. But we can't ignore the very stark differences among people based on gender and sex throughout human history that still apply to the majority of societies today. Language reflects society and words are created to communicate concepts like "outside the norm". I understand that we want the language to preemptively eliminate "the norm" because we're heading toward an eventuality wherein, hopefully, the majority of people will no longer consider people fluxing between two polar gender representations as "different", but that's an idealistic look at a reality that so far doesn't match.

There are a whole lot of people who are scared of what they don't understand, and finding a middle ground to help them with new concepts that threaten to alter everything they've thought they've known their whole lives is, IMO, the best way to promote change. My own views would probably be stuck in a Midwestern Protestant mindset had there not been people doing that for me.

Noipoi

Howdy!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'm actually not entirely sure how I got this many likes.

Guess this is what happens when you mostly do reaction posts and ****posts, which I don't...anymore, anyway. I did mostly reaction and ****post in 2013-2014, with a few actually constructive posts raising points people agreed with sprinkled in between.

It is at least nice knowing people like your jokes and what you have to say, but at the end of the day likes aren't exactly important.
I just type whatever comes to mind, personally. The ****posts are just a brand of humor I happen to have. Some are a hit, and some are a miss.
Phos_Shrug.jpg

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Wow. In one quick read of this thread's last half hour we have breached
-sex jokes
-sexual orientation discrimination
-mass shooting violence

D

Deleted member

Come.

Sit.

Tell the tale.
Why's that? I'm intrigued...
So apparently there was supposed to be a field trip today to Virginia Beach but nobody ******* told me for some ******* reason so I couldn't sign get a permission slip signed. But one of the counselors that had stayed behind had a SNES mini, so we played Secret of Mana and Street Fighter 2 all day, which was really fun! And despite never playing Street Fighter 2 before, I kicked everyone's ass with Chun Li with some lucky divine intervention. Overall, I'm still waaaaaaaay more pissed than I am happy, but still! I don't want to kill somebody anymore!

D

Deleted member

I understand and for the most part agree on a theoretical level. But we can't ignore the very stark differences among people based on gender and sex throughout human history that still apply to the majority of societies today. Language reflects society and words are created to communicate concepts like "outside the norm". I understand that we want the language to preemptively eliminate "the norm" because we're heading toward an eventuality wherein, hopefully, the majority of people will no longer consider people fluxing between two polar gender representations as "different", but that's an idealistic look at a reality that so far doesn't match.

There are a whole lot of people who are scared of what they don't understand, and finding a middle ground to help them with new concepts that threaten to alter everything they've thought they've known their whole lives is, IMO, the best way to promote change. My own views would probably be stuck in a Midwestern Protestant mindset had there not been people doing that for me.
i know i said i was over but
I'm not saying to not use those words altogether(unless they're slurs like the T word there), what I'm saying is the implications they carry with them and making more of them is the opposite of what we should be striving for, and also proposing a better alternative.
I use words like "crossdresser" even though said word implies the concept of gendered clothing, but I still use it because of the societal context we live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom