• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
D

Deleted member

Probably helped in my case by the fact that in general, I don't attach any concept of gender to much of anything.
This is pretty much how I grew up. Wish it was followed more.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

On an unrelated note let me rant about these unused concepts from mega man 11

"Wow Bob, these are all such great concepts, which ones should we use in the full game?"
"how about none of them"
"****ing genius Bob, here are the keys to my car, go **** my wife"

I know grass is always greener on the other side, but looking at concept art always makes me wish for what never was. Like, look at these scrapped Guardian designs from BOTW
Those guardian concepts look really cool.

D

Deleted member

on the one hand, these are cool

on the other hand, they're freaky as **** and don't really feel like they belong in a 7+ zelda game
True, but I really hope they get used for something else down the road. I'd like a more creepy Zelda game again, and that top left one especially looks cool. Imagine you're playing botw and you see that thing walking around, before running towards you at full speed.

D

Deleted member

Maybe I should just disable the "most likes" page entirely and be done with it. That seems like a pretty effective way of settling the matter.
There's no matter. I think everybody is just kidding around.

D

Deleted member

True, but I really hope they get used for something else down the road. I'd like a more creepy Zelda game again, and that top left one especially looks cool. Imagine you're playing botw and you see that thing walking around, before running towards you at full speed.
Hopefully they pull a Morpho Knight with a future Zelda title.

D

Deleted member

You know how Majora's Mask was the creepy sequel to one of the most revolutionary Zelda games? Let's have a creepy sequel to Breath of the Wild that changes the dynamic but keeps the controls?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
ITT: People wagging their popularity LIKE no one's business.
Me:
Indifferent_Pooh.png

so I rather just let people wear what they want, and act how they want, and not worry about putting some label on them that they might not have chosen themselves.
If it's any consolation, any term I use is on the same line as "movie-goer" or "sports-buff", or even "insert-name-hereposter".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'll be honest...

A few of our users are a bit standoffish.

That and some off site drama makes the site more hazardous than one might think.
I think there's mostly cool people here. We might not agree all the time, but it's that bad.

A couple of obnoxious people though, with how they act about people disagreeing with them. But I'm sure there's people who find me obnoxious too in that regard.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, beating Smashing Ramen was enough for me and I don't think I'm ready for a second round, but...
Screen Shot 05-03-19 at 08.31 PM.PNG

You know I wouldn't complaint being above a mod.:ultsonic:

D

Deleted member

Maybe I should just disable the "most likes" page entirely and be done with it. That seems like a pretty effective way of settling the matter.
but how else will i brag about my imaginary internet points

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Says the person without the most likes.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
some of you are ok, don't come to school tomorrow
oh man, don't do that

i was in that thread dude, ****

that was right before they completely remodeled /r9k/ right after what happened with that post

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You know how Majora's Mask was the creepy sequel to one of the most revolutionary Zelda games? Let's have a creepy sequel to Breath of the Wild that changes the dynamic but keeps the controls?
To be fair, Majora's Mask was creepy thematically. It was still, for all its oddity, very much within the realm of E-rated visuals - with a few noteworthy exceptions (looking at you, Zora Mask transformation).

More aged up Zelda visuals would better be represented by Twilight Princess, or perhaps by the escape sequence in Skyward Sword's Ancient Cistern.

D

Deleted member

There's no noun associated with the type in the same way that "tomboy" works. That's why people have applied "trap" without necessarily understanding the negative connotations.
My proposition is for those lacking a word to describe them. I also don't think words like "tomboy" are that good, while not outright offensive like "t**p", since they imply these are necessarily traits of the opposite gender alongside the unfortunate implications of it being "outside of the norm"(as you don't have a term for feminine women), which is why I prefer to just use terms like "masculine" or "feminine"(even if that may sound contradictory, they can be attached to either without implicating a norm either way simce both "masculine man" and "feminine man" in this case are referred to in the same way).

/genderrant

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Dude, I would take one post a day in the Jill thread. But unfortunately I'm not allowed to double post, so.
I try to avoid that in my thread too.

By the way guys, I have a Mega Man Character Thread if you like that franchise! Click on the Link in my Signature! Or the Mega Man X Picture in the Signature!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm actually not entirely sure how I got this many likes.

Guess this is what happens when you mostly do reaction posts and ****posts, which I don't...anymore, anyway. I did mostly reaction and ****post in 2013-2014, with a few actually constructive posts raising points people agreed with sprinkled in between.

It is at least nice knowing people like your jokes and what you have to say, but at the end of the day likes aren't exactly important.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

Guess this is what happens when you mostly do reaction posts and ****posts, which I don't...anymore, anyway. I did mostly reaction and ****post in 2013-2014, with a few actually constructive posts raising points people agreed with sprinkled in between.
i don't know how i got here and at this point i'm too afraid to ask

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I guess it is nice knowing people like your jokes with what you have to say, but at the end of the day likes aren't exactly important.
Yep.

That said though:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom