• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Regardless, we should separate art from artist since we have no clue what our favorite artists believe/believed, but that's just my own opinion.
This is something I believe, though I would take out "should" and replace it with "can". Because it's entirely up to the fan and how what the artist did affects that individual. No one should be told they should separate the art from the artist, but at the same time, no one should be told they can't separate the art from the artist.

I found out this year that my favorite musician, Aaron Lewis, is a MAGA guy who told a Spanish speaking crowd they "should speak American". The more I find out about his personal beliefs, the less I like him, but his music is no less influential and I can separate him from it.

Brett Favre is my childhood icon. I once sat in his locker and it is one of my favorite memories growing up. I watched the man play football for nearly two decades. He also sent an unsolicited ****pic to a coworker while his wife was fighting breast cancer. That's reprehensible, but I didn't burn my Favre jersey over it. I worshiped his football ability, not his ability to be a decent husband.

The whole Kenshin thing is something I'm struggling with. The man who created Kenshin and profits off of every single Kenshin-related media or memorabilia created was convicted of owning large amounts of underage nude photos. He paid his fine as Japan's law requires and apologized, but he's still actively profiting off of the new Kenshin movies I plan to watch, the Kenshin chararcters I wanted to play in Jump Force, and the new Kenshin manga I really want to purchase if it's translated. But... I don't know if I can. Or should. I have complex feelings on the issue.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
compare notch in 2019 to notch in 2012

something ****ing snapped in this man
Man how the **** did he go from this to "they're the ones using the wrong pronouns"? I feel like his ****ty secluded lifestyle that is the result of him never having to worry about making money has actually driven him insane.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
man screw you guys

playin minecraft on your non-potato computers

think you're cooler than me...
I don't play Minecraft. Playing minecraft is for babies.
And for the letsplayers I follow because when they do it, it's comedy and I can enjoy comedy

Edit: this is joke, Just to be safe

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man how the **** did he go from this to "they're the ones using the wrong pronouns"? I feel like his ****ty secluded lifestyle that is the result of him never having to worry about making money has actually driven him insane.
He strikes me as someone who just couldn't cope with the absolute phenomenon his game had become with him at the helm. I remember him always talking about he could never get into a relationship because he thought people were only dating him for the money, and like you said his own seclusion made it worse.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
yeah climate change is a big concern, but have you ever thought about how mario is the default character for stage builder but he isn't in his mario maker skin

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Before I go, I just wanted to give a tribute to the two Kasumi that Gentlepanda Gentlepanda lost in his signature.
RIP Kasumi.gif

May they rest in peace...

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Vitriol towards art solely because of the personal views the creator is unnecessary.
Obviously it's a personal decision, but you can like something without endorsing the author.

Signed,
An HP Lovecraft Reader

PS. Plus getting angry over every artist that doesn't share/opposes your view is just needless personal stress.
Most famous people aren't great people, and putting them on a pedestal of any kind is just asking for disappointment.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

opinion

opinion

opinion

The Notch argument would be valid if he had any sort of involvement with Minecraft, but he doesn't. If Steve's included, it'd be because of Microsoft's Minecraft, not Notch's.

Regardless, we should separate art from artist since we have no clue what our favorite artists believe/believed, but that's just my own opinion.
I still don't want anything related to this trash in Smash. I don't think it's a worthy addition. Why is that so hard to accept?

I hate Minecraft. I don't want it. To me, it is worthless and a waste of time.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I still don't want anything related to this trash in Smash. I don't think it's a worthy addition. Why is that so hard to accept?

I hate Minecraft. I don't want it. To me, it is worthless and a waste of time.
If your gonna make the claim that it is trash at least give us some evidence to back up your opinion.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Vitriol towards art solely because of the personal views the creator is unnecessary.
Obviously it's a personal decision, but you can like something without endorsing the author.

Signed,
An HP Lovecraft Reader

PS. Plus getting angry over every artist that doesn't share/opposes your view is just needless personal stress.
Most famous people aren't great people, and putting them on a pedestal of any kind is just asking for disappointment.
In some cases (like some Lovecraft stories) then it can't be separated due to it being clear that the themes of the story exist because of the views.

Also Lovecraft was so racist he named his ****ing cat the N word

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
In some cases (like some Lovecraft stories) then it can't be separated due to it being clear that the themes of the story exist because of the views.

Also the guy's been dead for ages.
Guy is making nothing from it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
....oof, nobody seem to have noticed the two pixels I put by mistakes close to the tombstone, my reputation is saved....

I mean, hey!! How you going here fellow gamers?!
kasumi_gamer.gif

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

Yeah, the dude was SUPER xenophobic and racist. But he's also a dead man who wrote ground-breaking sci-fi/horror that, when viewed through a proper historic lens, is quite fascinating even today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom