• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What gets me about the Grinch leak is how ****ing lucky the guy who made it was. Stuff like the plant item getting leaked was completely out of his control, but it happened at literally the perfect time for people to believe it.

D

Deleted member

That copypasta just summarized MarioTehPlumber in his entirety. Man is a lunatic with money and a bit of wit.
I'm still not 100% on the idea that MTP did the Leak but that man is insane enough to do something like this, If he made this then that dude is absolutely insane and I don't like him at all.

The dude played us like a fiddle and bamboozled us hard plus his luck was insane just like he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah this really ain’t it chief.

What did Minecraft ever do to you? Seriously. Based off your words you’d think Minecraft ****ed your wife and stole the kids or something.

Regardless, you’re letting your bias get the best of you. Steve would be a worthy addition given Minecraft’s immense popularity and break into general pop culture alongside it being the catalyst for Nintendo and Microsoft’s positive relationship, and the mechanics of the game lend themselves to large moveset potential (one that comes to mind is an upgrade system like Frank West in MvC3 involving crafting).

Just because you don’t like it doesn’t mean it is objectively bad.
Minecraft is unfun, ugly, and boring.

On top of that, I refuse to support anything by a piece of **** like Notch.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
What gets me about the Grinch leak is how ****ing lucky the guy who made it was. Stuff like the plant item getting leaked was completely out of his control, but it happened at literally the perfect time for people to believe it.
THE GREEN PIXEL IS IN THE SAME SPOT AS ISAAC, GUYS.

D

Deleted member

my favourite part about the grinch leak was that both artsyomni and vaanrose found very compelling evidence against it from the moment the full empty battlefield artwork was found and mapped over it, revealing massive inaccuracies in the spots where the leaker had been forced to make up new terrain from moving characters

but people wanted it too much to stop and listen
The leak as a whole always seemed interesting, but it starts falling apart once you started to look into details not only of the art but regarding stuff like the first company issuing a statement and the second one never working with Nintendo or Bamco plus the employee coming up and stating he didn't know ****. Its just that people refused to hear every detail and went full conspiracy theory with it.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Fighter #3 is probably the Tales rep. Various names from Tales were heard before release with the earliest supposedly from MysticDistance around the time of the Grinch. Also August is the anniversary month for Symphonia, Vesperia, and Berseria.

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816

Getting serious for a second, Notch isn't making a penny off of Minecraft right now thankfully because he sold it completely to Microsoft, and as of recent all mentions of him have been erased from the game to disassociate from him entirely. Playing the game won't support him in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It just goes to show the sheer length people can really go to in order to fabricate leaks.

I hope the majority o the community approaches all future leaks of that type with more skepticism and caution from here on out. Or else the ****storm that follows it will be massive, once again. History could very well repeat itself. I hope it doesn't, for this community's sake. We're better off not going at each other's throats over what amounts to an elaborate prank or how a "what could've been" situation would be "so much better" than what we actually got in the game.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I'm not going to sit here and say that you should ignore Notch's beliefs.

But there is no such thing as an ethical purchase in capitalism. Every piece of media you endorse has someone behind it standing to profit who has views that stand against yours.

The difference here is that you're aware of Notch's.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
when you have to kill off the pop-up kasumis to fit Metal Shop X Metal Shop X 's new side-to-side kasumis in your signature

View attachment 214481
Just give a like on the first post with those girls.
dance kasumi 2.gif

And you be forgiven. :)

Also, I'm looking at your signature while listening to this.
And it's....weirdly fitting for some reason.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Separate the art from the artist, especially when the artist doesn't own the art anymore and the art is now managed by decidedly less terrible people.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Wait, what did Notch do?
Rampant transphobia and homophobia. He specifically made mention of the age-old adage of "don't use the wrong pronouns for trans people", and countered by saying "they're the ones using the wrong pronouns".

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Separate the art from the artist, especially when the artist doesn't own the art anymore and the art is now managed by decidedly less terrible people.
If I had money for As many times I said that to people about DQ and Atlus and the amount of time they dont listen because "mah morality" , Id be rich

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw
Screen Shot 05-01-19 at 10.48 PM.PNG

I'm still coming for you ******.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Who is that in your avatar btw?
Hawke from Dragon Age II, my favorite character ever.

Specifically the female default version of Hawke, specifically with long hair like in my headcanon ending to my never-written continuation of DA2, specifically in my favorite grey DLC robes that I've never seen in fan art before.

It's like I specifically commissioned it, AND the eyes and red mark match my two ribbons subtly and the brownish background compliments the third banner.

It's like my perfect avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom