• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How about Grinch leak 2.0?
What would you even put in there? The entire reason people wanted to believe the Grinch Leak so badly was because there were so many fan favorites but if they put someone like Geno in a Grinch Leak 2.0 nobody would believe it, Isaac is gone, Shadow is gone, Chorus Kids is gone, Mach Rider is a pipe dream so the only reusable character is Banjo.

D

Deleted member

I never changed my avatar during this changing crisis. Does that make me humble?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What would you even put in there? The entire reason people wanted to believe the Grinch Leak so badly was because there were so many fan favorites but if they put someone like Geno in a Grinch Leak 2.0 nobody would believe it, Isaac is gone, Shadow is gone, Chorus Kids is gone, Mach Rider is a pipe dream so the only reusable character is Banjo.
Why reuse characters? There are many other characters that could work in some way.

D

Deleted member

Wait a minute.
Sonic and Detective Pikachu are both live action movies adapting a videogame series with CGI releasing in 2019.
Does that mean?
D5a9qyOWkAAsyo4.jpg

D

Deleted member

Why reuse characters? There are many other characters that could work in some way.
But the thing is people were attracted to the idea of so many fan favorite characters getting in which made people want to believe that it was real so my point is we don't have a lot of "Fan Favorites" left.

Who would they use?

D

Deleted member

yes

thats what happens to every terribad movie

look at adam sandler's pixels
Pixels was a certifiable flop that everyone went 'this looks like garbage' and DIDN'T see it.

The Sonic movie looks like a genius revenge plot by Robotnik to ruin Sonic once and for all, but will end up like the Producer's 'Springtime for Hitler' in that it's so awful it'll actually be a box office success (financially speaking; like maybe break-even, not break any records or anything lol).

Just for the luls, and the fact that very few 'animated' movies are releasing this year, I want to see it up for nomination for Best Animation. I know it won't win; I just want to see it on the List for candidates. That would amuse me to no end.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
But the thing is people were attracted to the idea of so many fan favorite characters getting in which made people want to believe that it was real so my point is we don't have a lot of "Fan Favorites" left.

Who would they use?
a weirdly realistic edea plushie

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1556650295302.png

It's so ****ing surreal to look at them side by side.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
It wouldn't produce the same hype though. That's what made the Grinch leak so loved by everyone.

Virtually all of the most requested fighters would get in under that scenario.

With half of these characters basically out of the running at this point, another Grinch leak would not produce anywhere near the level of hype the original did.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Who would they use?
Maybe, but I personally don't believe fan favorites are needed. Grinch leak 2.0 or not, anything is fine, as long as it gives us something to talk about.

D

Deleted member

Biggest issue with the leak is that with the precedent of the Grinch leak, people are less likely to fall. Just like the Rayman 4 hoax in 4.
Wait a minute.
Sonic and Detective Pikachu are both live action movies adapting a videogame series with CGI releasing in 2019.
Does that mean?
View attachment 214119

Please no

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The real trick is that nobody could be me in this avatar swap debacle, because I'm dead, so everyone would have to kill themselves to be me.

And nobody wants to do that.

I never changed my avatar during this changing crisis. Does that make me humble?
There's really no correlation there, and I don't see why you thought there was.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
all i'm saying is that y'all gonna be calling me a prophet when sol badguy gets revealed as challenger pack 3 on august 4 2019

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Wait a minute.
Does that mean?
View attachment 214119
IT WAS ALL LEADING UP TO THIS. THE SONICHU CINEMATIC UNIVERSE IS REAL.

CHRISTIAN WESTON CHANDLER KNEW ALL ALONG.

GET BLOWN THE **** OUT ENDGAME THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN COMPETE.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Man, it seems like they’re starting to multiply.
d1fb3f0f-9d7f-43a3-b849-448173248b71.png

The real trick is that nobody could be me in this avatar swap debacle, because I'm dead, so everyone would have to kill themselves to be me.

And nobody wants to do that.

There's really no correlation there, and I don't see why you thought there was.
Jokes on you, I'm also dead

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
IT WAS ALL LEADING UP TO THIS. THE SONICHU CINEMATIC UNIVERSE IS REAL.

CHRISTIAN WESTON CHANDLER KNEW ALL ALONG.

GET BLOWN THE **** OUT ENDGAME THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN COMPETE.
Speaking of that, I wonder how Chris Chan is reacting to this Sonic movie right now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom