• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Guys! It's time! It's here! Gangster's Paradise and all!
This is gonna be something else, that's for sure
As a standalone movie, it's whatever. As a Sonic movie, it's whatever.

Seeing it in motion, I'm not digging the design after all.

Will I go see it? Maybe. I don't really think it looks bad. Just mediocre. If it wasn't for all of the memes, I just would forget about it/

Last edited by a moderator:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Hmm

Well the joke at the end got a smile out of me but ... uh ... yeah

Hoping that it's sufficiently memeable

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean. This is a Nintendo forum... maybe you just like Pokémon more than Sonic.
Uh, how about..no?

Like, sure, I played more Pokemon games than Sonic games, but I know ALOT of stuff about the Sonic franchise and it's long history. Even then, I think Detective Pikachu just look overall to be a better film, the humor, the design for the Pokemon, the references to the games, etc...I just don't get alot of those positif vibe from the Sonic movie and everything around it, and it's a shame honestly, 'cuz with the right peoples & movie company, aswell as Sega putting better quality control, I feel a Sonic movie could work really well in movie format, but alas, it's just looking to be...mediocre, not horribly bad, but not that good either, just, eh.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I mean. This is a Nintendo forum... maybe you just like Pokémon more than Sonic.
In his defense, I'm a man puppeting a 'chu avi and I'd have a hard time choosing between Pokemon and Sonic.

But I'm not having a hard time choosing between the movies. Looks like Detective Pikachu's got this one beat all up and down.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

KMDP

Smash Legend
Well.

This is certainly a thing.
OK, the joke with the child at the end make me laugh, I give them that and the fact Jim Carrey look like he is having fun and his design at the end look great.

But otherwise...

Eh?
That Child in the Bag joke made me laugh, too. I'll admit it.

Sonic's introduction ("...Meow?") was good too. His personality is on point which is a good first step.

This might actually end up being a somewhat decent, even good, movie if the trailer is indicative of it's quality.

Of course, trailers are designed to make movies look better so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

D

Deleted member

Thanks, while I dont dig the designs, I dont hate it. Might be worth watching it in Netflix with a bunch of witty people.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
As a standalone movie, it's whatever. As a Sonic movie, it's whatever.

Seeing it in motion, I'm not digging the design after all.

Will I go see it? Maybe. I don't really think it looks bad. Just mediocre. If it wasn't for all of the memes, I just would forget about it/
Heh heh! Wanna know something funny? I also think this looks mediocre. Not bad, it is, but still..

D

Deleted member

So in sabi’s discord someone came up with a theory on what the rest of the dlc would be like
DC9D0BE1-4EF3-4E42-9470-73F85E363A08.jpeg

What do you think?

KMDP

Smash Legend
Holy **** this mouth...
View attachment 214050
This reminds me of a story from Sonic the Comic.

One of the villains of the Comic manages to get Sonic in a trap which uses his own Speed against him (like, it's powered by his Kinetic Energy or something, the faster he goes the more powerful the trap gets).

After many failed attempts to escape, Sonic decides to... do nothing.

The idea of Sonic not moving is so inconceivable the machine breaks down.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This reminds me of a story from Sonic the Comic.

One of the villains of the Comic manages to get Sonic in a trap which uses his own Speed against him (like, it's powered by his Kinetic Energy or something, the faster he goes the more powerful the trap gets).

After many failed attempts to escape, Sonic decides to... do nothing.

The idea of Sonic not moving is so inconceivable the machine breaks down.
That comic story must suck, because if Sonic do nothing after a while, he get a game over before the machine explode!

Like, If it ain't exactly 100% like the classic games, then why bother?:mybodyisreggie:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So in sabi’s discord someone came up with a theory on what the rest of the dlc would be like
View attachment 214051
What do you think?
That's certainly an interesting take.
That comic story must suck, because if Sonic do nothing after a while, he get a game over before the machine explode!

Like, If it ain't exactly 100% like the classic games, then why bother?:mybodyisreggie:
It's funny that the Western Sonic franchises paint Sonic as a hyperactive go-getter.

And then one of the first things we see Sonic doing after Sonic Adventures' prologue is sunbathing.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 214051
What do you think?
Honestly, seems like the guy is rationalizing the current picks and trying too hard to make it look like the DLC is something to focus a specific group which is the core audience when a pick like Joker doesnt give an idea about it and is so far removed from what the core audience wants.

Mate is probably underage :b
His legs actually make me sick

View attachment 214052
Sonic has no ass, seems weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh god Sonic somehow looks worse in the final product than he did in the leaked promo materials.

The shot of Eggman at the end was nice though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In his defense, I'm a man puppeting a 'chu avi and I'd have a hard time choosing between Pokemon and Sonic.

But I'm not having a hard time choosing between the movies. Looks like Detective Pikachu's got this one beat all up and down.
On this day, my hatred towards Nintendo grew 3 sizes.

They get every advantage.

Everyone loves everything they do, even when it’s terrible.

I wish someone would finally put their arrogant asses in their place and make them scramble to reclaim what little fan base they had to begin with. They ****ing deserve a decade of nothing but failure after failure.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I honestly can't tell if I legitimately enjoyed the Sonic trailer because it was fun or if I was only enjoying it ironically because it was awful. It's hard for me to tell when I'm this tired. I think it was a weird mix of both.

Either way though that Sonic design was in uncanny valley territory though. Yikes.

D

Deleted member

I wish someone would finally put their arrogant ***** in their place and make them scramble to reclaim what little fan base they had to begin with. They ****ing deserve a decade of nothing but failure after failure.
Chill, seems you're getting angry over nothing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I wish someone would finally put their arrogant ***** in their place and make them scramble to reclaim what little fan base they had to begin with. They ****ing deserve a decade of nothing but failure after failure.
An unrelated studio failing to make a video game movie look good has nothing to do with Nintendo but go off I guess.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Is this supposed to be bait or did you forget the Wii U was a thing?

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

So you're declaring how much you hate Nintendo... on a forum that's Nintendo related...

Why are you even here, then? I'm kinda curious.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Peoples give you reasonable argument as to why they won't watch a movie over another one and your response is this?
D2SgJQ7X0AA8e7f.jpg

OK, do whatever you want, I guess.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Chill, seems you're getting angry over nothing.
It just gets so frustrating when you like one thing (Sonic/WB/DC etc) and don’t like it’s primary rival (Mario/Disney/Marvel etc) and everyone wont shut up about how the thing you like is trash compared to the thing you hate, and that it would be better if it was more like the thing you hate, but doing that would take away the identity of the franchise that attracted it to you in the first place. It’s like people are actively trying to kill what I like.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It just gets so frustrating when you like one thing (Sonic/WB/DC etc) and don’t like it’s primary rival (Mario/Disney/Marvel etc) and everyone wont shut up about how the thing you like is trash compared to the thing you hate, and that it would be better if it was more like the thing you hate, but doing that would take away the identity of the franchise that attracted it to you in the first place. It’s like people are actively trying to kill what I like.
You shouldn't form your identity out of only the things you enjoy. Taking people's opinions on media franchises as personal attacks is incredibly unhealthy.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
An unrelated studio failing to make a video game movie look good has nothing to do with Nintendo but go off I guess.
I’m mad at the culture surrounding the companies.
Is this supposed to be bait or did you forget the Wii U was a thing?
When the Wii U was a thing people scrambled to defend it. Saying that it was actually amazing and people just needed to give it a chance. Heck, The Completionist still does!
So you're declaring how much you hate Nintendo... on a forum that's Nintendo related...

Why are you even here, then? Just curious.
I’m here because I like Smash and Smash has lots of third party franchises I adore in it.
Plus I also like the world of Pokémon and adore DKC.
Peoples give you reasonable argument as to why they won't watch a movie over another one and your response is this?
OK, do whatever you want, I guess.
They’re not just doing that though. They’re specifically saying how much better Detective Pikachu is. That’s what makes me mad.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Look, I love Sonic. It's my first ever serious video game franchise. It kills a part of me whenever people call the parts of the series I enjoy as the worst thing ever. I want to talk about good parts of Sonic with people, not just the games made before I started playing video games. I'd like this movie to be at least decent.

I want to enjoy talking about Sonic with other people, not to bash the series or talk about how it should've been died or whatever. I hate the current state of Sonic fandom.

Still has nothing to do with Nintendo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Look, I love Sonic. It's my first ever serious video game franchise. It kills a part of me whenever people call the parts of the series I enjoy as the worst thing ever. I want to talk about good parts of Sonic with people, not just the games made before I started playing video games. I'd like this movie to be at least decent.

I want to enjoy talking about Sonic with other people, not to bash the series or talk about how it should've been died or whatever. I hate the current state of Sonic fandom.

Still has nothing to do with Nintendo.
It does though. Because people aren’t just saying “Sonic movie is bad” they’re saying “Detective Pikachu is so much better than Sonic, it should be more like that”. That’s where the problem is IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom