• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is it wrong that I actually like this. I mean yeah, the design doesn’t really animate well, but it just.... feels like Sonic to me. It’s got the same energy and personality I remember from Colors, Generations, and the Sonic Boom Cartoon. Plus, I think Jim Carrey is really acting the part of Eggman well. Even if he’s not overweight (yet) that iconic personality everyone loves him for is all there.
Do you mean Eggman's iconic personality or Jim Carrey's because I feel it's more the latter

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m gonna be scared to watch this Sonic trailer

D

Deleted member

Guys! It's time! It's here! Gangster's Paradise and all!
snip
This is gonna be something else, that's for sure
Wow.

I hate pretty much everything about it. Huh. Ah well, at least it'll be fun to see just how much of a dumpster fire this will be.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, we already knew this movie was going to be a travesty, so there's not much to say from this trailer.

Also. Are we all forgetting the fact that he actually uses the spin dash!
You don't need to quote yourself to say this, you know.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
The exchange at 1:02 sounds like a writer trying very hard to show up some socially awkward nerd they met once. I admit it's been a long time since I've seen a scenario where Eggman had to try to exert authority over an allied force - in most games he basically has it, or has no allies per se to exert authority over - but if pressed I would've expected him to do it with a self-important and self-demonstrating show of force, not this...verbal whatever.

That aside though, alright, I might be game.

I had to rewatch the trailer a couple times to come on board with it, and I'm still not completely sold - ain't no Detective Pikachu, trailer-wise - but I'll concede the point that I could be pleasantly surprised by this.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
The trailer didn't convince me to watch the movie, instead it actually makes me think Sonic deserves better than this movie.

D

Deleted member

This is gonna be something else, that's for sure
I'm at college so I can't hear the trailer right now but I like Jim Carrey's mannerisms as Eggman, gives me hope at least he'll be good.
Sonic himself... looks bad. I don't know how to silver line it. Well, at least they gave him ZA WARUDO

D

Deleted member

This new trailer is making me radiate sexual Rotten Tomatoes energy.
Just wait for the 0% rating.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
...well then...atleast Dewey Duck and Jim Carrey Eggman are good
He's been ruined for the past 15 years or so, though.

This movie can't really do much worse. Can't kill what's already dead. :drshrug:
Nintendo and memes try to keep him alive
The trailer didn't convince me to watch the movie, instead it actually makes me think Sonic deserves better than this movie.
Atleast he gets to have a bad movie like Mario

D

Deleted member

I for one, am excited for the modern day Super Mario Bros. Movie., which is about the nicest thing I can say about this movie.

Sega, just make more Sonic Mania stuff with the Mania team.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
It honestly seems like it could be much, much worse.
Jim Carrey having fun is always a treat.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's not a film if you can't meme it to death though

D

Deleted member

STAND USER: [Sonic]
STAND NAME: [The World]
There was a problem fetching the tweet
EDIT: goddamnit Schnee

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The trailer did nothing to impress me, but I think this movie will be bad in a fun way.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So on one hand, Sonic's design is bad, and reminds me of those Smurfs and Chipmunk movies

But on the other, they nailed Robotnik at the end. Kind of a shame he won't be like this the entire movie

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
To break off the Sonic train for a min:

One of these days, I’m gonna try and create the Taco Town taco as seen on Saturday Night Live.

What is a Taco Town taco?

Start with a crunchy all beef taco smothered in nacho cheese, lettuce, tomato, and southwestern sauce.

Then wrap that around a soft flour tortilla with a layer of refried beans.

Wrap that around a corn tortilla filled with Monterey Jack cheese.

Wrapped around a deep fried Gordita shell filled with guacamole (they call it guacamolito in the sketch) baker in a corn husk until golden brown.

Wrapped in an authentic Persian crepe, filled with egg, gruyere, Merguez Sausage, and Portobello Mushroom.

Wrapped around a Chicago style deep dish meat lovers pizza.

Rolled up in a blueberry pancake, dipped in batter and deep fried until golden brown.

All served in a tote bag filled with spicy vegetarian chili.

That sounds like a Kitchen Nightmare waiting to happen.

D

Deleted member

At least Robotnik looks good. Not sure about how Jim's playing him, though; feels more like Jim Carry being himself than being Dr. Eggman.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I think watching this after it's released to home media is going to be the best plan.

Then I can call over the adult members of the game night crew and we can all watch it in the company of copious amounts of rum.

That's how you fix bad movies boys and girls. You watch it blitzed.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think this image summarize my opinion on the movie as a whole.
mime give his opinion.jpg

Even if the trailer did a better job, Detective Pikachu is the video game movie I'm going to watch for sure. The Sonic movie just doesn't have alot going for it, and frankly, while I don't think it be the worst Sonic ever got (you can't surpass Sonic Boom : Rise of Lyric & especially 06 when it come to worst thing to happen to Sonic as a whole), it's certainly not going to help the blue hedgedog already shaky reputation, but, hey, atleast we got some new memes out of it, I guess, right?

D

Deleted member

I can’t wait to see Jam Curry portray Doctor Eggnogman in the new Sanic film.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think this image summarize my opinion on the movie as a whole.
View attachment 214043
Even if the trailer did a better job, Detective Pikachu is the video game movie I'm going to watch for sure. The Sonic movie just doesn't have alot going for it, and frankly, while I don't think it be the worst Sonic ever got (you can't surpass Sonic Boom : Rise of Lyric & especially 06 when it come to worst thing to happen to Sonic as a whole), it's certainly not going to help the blue hedgedog already shaky reputation, but, hey, atleast we got some new memes out of it, I guess, right?
I mean. This is a Nintendo forum... maybe you just like Pokémon more than Sonic.

I still think this should have been animated. But if you HAVE to make it live action then.... this is kind of what you have to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom