• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
One minor thing though... Chrom wasn't an Assist .
Yes, he appeared in :ultrobin:'s FS, but I don't count that as the same thing.

So this would help FS specific characters, like Fiora.

But Spring Man is an Assist Trophy so... I'm not 100% sure this applies. It might. It might not.
Oh I know, which is why I doubt it. Assists are likely a different ball game than with Chrom being in a FS AND playable.

megaman-x6-strong-pose.png
It's also why I hold out hope for my ***** Mega Man X. Or any other Blue Bomber, but mostly MMX.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's a question.

What do you think of ARMS? What do you think about its future? What would a potential sequel look like? What about ARMS in Smash?
At first I was disliking it and thought it was kinda lame but after trying it a bit more I uncovered mechanics which made the gameplay pretty fun.

Universe seems worth expanding and the varied cast made me want for more content in the future. Springman is surprisingly likeable for what should be a run of the mill protagonist. Favorite characters are Misango, Springman, Twintelle and Min min.
Good answers to the ARMS question.

Here's another question.

What's your favorite 3D Sonic game and why?
Colors is fun although it kinda abused the 2D levels, Generations is really fun as well.

But probably I would pick SA2 if only for the Sonic/Shadow levels, Tails/Eggman were just ok and Knuckles/Rouge ended up alternating between good, ok and just annoying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Sonic Unleashed.

After beating it once I can go back and enjoy the daytime levels anytime I want, and for my money, that's still the best pure 3D Sonic gameplay available. No gimmicks, well-crafted level design, wonderful music and it looks great too.

If the night levels never existed it would've been a lot more people's favorite Sonic game.
Which is why I'm glad a group of dedicated modders ported in every single Sonic Unleashed daytime stage, 1:1, to Sonic Generations.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

Here's another question.

There's very few 3D Sonic games that I have strong feelings about one way or the other.

I think Adventure 1 would have to be my personal favorite just due to some mix of nostalgia and enjoying the open-world exploration segments for some reason, with Generations either tied or just behind, and Adventure 2 narrowly behind both.

That said if I've even played a 3D Sonic game beyond those three I don't remember it at all. No hate or anything, it's just that 2D is so strongly my jam I can't translate properly, so I haven't much sought it out.

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
What does green mean?
Green means "you dun good", and you are going to get a headstart on the next phase. Yellow means "uhhh, you might want to pick up the pace", orange means "you're gonna die next round if you don't get a good time", and red is eliminated. The orange/green alternating is the final player that survived, in this case PsySmasher.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah, I never actually posted the full results here yet.

1. Dyllybirdy
  2. GoldenYuiitusin
  3. Zinith
  4. Osby
  5. SonicSmasher1
  6. Blade of Evil's Bane
  7. Praline
  8. PeridotGX
  9. Z25
  10. Zeke the Zekenator
  11. KMDP
  12. Wademan94
  13. Shishœ
  14. Elma
  15. Ultomato
  16. Moydow
  17. ShotoStar
  18. Bolderousness
  19. UtopianPoyzin
  20. Cyndane
  21. Blargg888
  22. SnakeFighter64
  23. Just a penguin
  24. Onereasonanddone
  25. Faygoshill
  26. Gentlepanda
  27. Smashing Ramen
  28. Noipoi
  29. Freezerburn
  30. Pokechu
  31. Hinata
  32. RandomAce (Next round cutoff)
  33. Loz18
  34. Idon
  35. GothFluttershy
  36. Roberk
  37. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  38. Tehponycorn
  39. JDCabrera
  40. NonSpecificGod
  41. Pyra
  42. PsySmasher
  43. Mythra
  44. ShinyLegendary
  45. DevaAshera
  46. Arigarmy
  47. KarneraMythos
  48. SneakyLink
  49. Xiivi
  50. Staindgrey
  51. SoccerStar9001
  52. Iridium
  53. Swamp Sensei
  54. IsmaR
  55. Thesaurus30

The Marble Race has its own dedicated thread in Forum Games now to catch up on any missed rounds and to say things like "I beat you by one place".
Mfw I clutch the last remaining spot:
Unknown-2.jpeg

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
awful? I disagree but I'm curious as to why you thing that. I think the 2d levels were very tightly designed and fast paced as long as you were skilled enough, which is exactly what was good about old 2D sonic
Classic stages in generations played nothing like the classic games

It was a waste of development time that couldve gone into just making an actual pure 3D sonic

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
the classic sonic gameplay in generations was awful

i just wanted to play as modern throughout the game. playing as classic was a hassle.
Yeah, I get what you mean, it was weird having a chunk of your moveset just missing more or less. At least to me. I would call it awful, but it is awkward.

That'd be like playing Simon and Richter back and forth in a Castlevania game and having to get used to not dashing and sliding and dive kicking and uppercutting and Item Crashing whenever you switch back to Simon.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
Classic stages in generations played nothing like the classic games
What? How? it was still the same branching pathway level design that rewards the player for staying in the hardest route. I don't get what you don't like about them besides the fact that they're a bit of a pacebreaker

What I do dislike was the abundance of 2d sections for the 3D levels. Those didn't control that well and were super awkward and redundant

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
What? How? it was still the same branching pathway level design that rewards the player for staying in the hardest route. I don't get what you don't like about them besides the fact that they're a bit of a pacebreaker

What I do dislike was the abundance of 2d sections for the 3D levels. Those didn't control that well and were super awkward and redundant
The physics

part of the appeal of the classic games was mastering the speed based physics in order to get to higher platforms in stages
this doesnt exist in neither Forces or Generations. if you tried to run up ramp and go down sonic will not even gain much of a momentum. Just simple spin dash will fix it.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion

Here's another question.

Adventure 2 is my favorite, even though most of the game is flawed. Treasure hunt missions are not entertaining, shooting missions are decent but get old fast, but the Sonic/Shadow levels are gold (except the pyramid level)

8 good levels might not seem like a lot, but gathering items for your Chao really help the replay ability.

The story isn’t amazing or anything, but I really liked getting to play both the good guys and bad guys, multiple perspectives on story events is fun and I wish more games did that.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
to the worst Sonic ever.
Actually there are far worst, but **** those werehog levels.
Werehog would make a good fighting game character though.

Never understood why people like Heroes so much. I think it's like the third worst 3D sonic game.
I think it would’ve been perfectly fine if they didn’t force you to play through the whole game 4 times.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I hate when I finish a good scene that I think is hilarious and can't share it with anybody until the episode's finished.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I wonder when Hideki is going to announce that PlatinumGames is releasing a game based on Tetris...
...Or Tetris DLC for Bayonetta 3.
he's doing a new take on panel de pon where lip is now a succubus trying to murder her way to rediscover her hidden past

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
"Instead of shooting themselves in the head or grasping tarot cars, party members in Persona 6 will eat Scooby Snax to summon their Persona in battle."
The final boss is another ancient primordial manifestation of mankind's desires, but when you beat him, it's revealed to actually be just the Restaurant owner committing tax fraud in a really elaborate costume.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Guys, the next Persona game looks great. Both of the sources.
"Like, zoinks Scoob! Messiah is going to destroy and recreate the human race if we don't stop him!"
"Raggy! Rit's rime to rummon our Ruronas!"
*After the battle*
"Let's see who you really are!"
*unmasks Messiah*
"Old Man Jenkins?!"
"And I would've gotten away with recreating the world in my image too if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
My favorite 3D Sonic is the one with the Yoshis

Never even played it :yoshi:
Wow.

Oh my god.

I'm so shocked.

squid srsly.gif

See my face?

See how surprised I am?

Truly, nobody could see this coming a mile away.

You've baffled us all with your choice.

Wow.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Here's another question.

Sonic Unleashed. Helps that I actually had fun with night time stages.

My only complaint was not enough Sonic characters, though OCs were entertaining most of the time.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Werehog would make a good fighting game character though.

I think it would’ve been perfectly fine if they didn’t force you to play through the whole game 4 times.
I had a dream that Incenaroar and sonic the werehog were newcomers during base game speculation. I don’t even know why, I haven’t even played sonic unleashed.

Looks like half of my dream came true, I really hope the other half doesn’t (not that it would)

NineS

Smash Lord

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Like, zoinks Scoob! Messiah is going to destroy and recreate the human race if we don't stop him!"
"Raggy! Rit's rime to rummon our Ruronas!"
*After the battle*
"Let's see who you really are!"
*unmasks Messiah*
"Old Man Jenkins?!"
"And I would've gotten away with recreating the world in my image too if it weren't for you meddling kids!"
The scooby doo mystery incorporated ending actually fits this statement pretty well lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom