• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone want some 90's Hip Hop? Of course you do.

Although honestly ALL 3 of TJ Combo's themes are really good.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I’m sorry. I don’t know why I do things like this. I guess I just wish I had more power. The ability to just stop all the bad things that hurt me.

So I pretend to here.
I understand that, but pretending to be a "god", even in jest, is a real unhealthy way to cope with that sort of thing.

In fact, I'd wager it only makes you feel worse.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I would just like to take a minute to point out that in Fortune Street DS...
ISDS - Card #77.png

...the best Venture Card in the game has Yoshi on it. ( Zinith Zinith )

For people who can't read moonspeak: in every Fortune Street game, Venture Card #77 gives you 5 Stocks in all the Districts on the Map, this is always to your benefit no matter where you are in the game.

For people who don't know how Fortune Street works, having stocks in a district allows you to earn extra money whenever payments are made when someone lands on a Property. Buying and Selling stocks and manipulating their value is a key part of the game.

At bare minimum, getting Card #77 on the first turn of the smallest board means you get, like, an extra ~200G with no downside (and the value will go up throughout the game).

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
1556596686731.png

One of these days I need to get enough sleep.

What'd I miss.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here's a question.

What do you think of ARMS? What do you think about its future? What would a potential sequel look like? What about ARMS in Smash?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Okay yeah my shin really ****ing hurts.

Definitely got a bone contusion. At least it's not the same shin as the one I nearly broke when I was 20.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
View attachment 213947

This pun offends me on a physical level.
Oh you think that's bad? Oof... SCP-Foundation makes Tv Tropes look like a stroll in the park. You'd rather have an Eye-Pod in the room with you than an inside-out stuffed animal toy that can forcibly and irreversibly turn you inside-out if you so much as touch it slightly. Oh, and there's a chance you might not get a mercy death from the ungodly pain and torment that comes with the transformation. There are silly entries, and then there are absolutely-****ed beyond all common sense entries.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Here's a question.

What do you think of ARMS? What do you think about its future? What would a potential sequel look like? What about ARMS in Smash?
I love the aesthetics, the music and the gameplay. Only thing that hurts it is general content; you can only play the game so much.

The Dark Horse graphic novel has been pushed back like three times and there's no word on a sequel, so I'm not sure what it would look like or when it would happen.

Min Min should be in Smash. Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku get in here and back me up.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
everyone else: the scp wiki is full of eldritch horrors the likes of which will keep you up at night, haunted by the thoughts of what your life would be like if these things truly roamed the earth

me:

scp.PNG

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-458

mm pizza

D

Deleted member

Wow, I can't believe how accurate you were with your predictions.
Yeah man I waited to respond to this but
I can't believe it either! For a Second I thought Clint was going to die but no I was almost exactly spot on with these predictions.

I'm actually impressed with myself.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I love the aesthetics, the music and the gameplay. Only thing that hurts it is general content; you can only play the game so much.

The Dark Horse graphic novel has been pushed back like three times and there's no word on a sequel, so I'm not sure what it would look like or when it would happen.

Min Min should be in Smash. Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku get in here and back me up.
Dark Horse? So this is an American comic? Usually Nintendo properties are handled by Shogakukan and in the states by VIZ (the Zelda, Splatoon, etc. manga) :yoshi:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Here's a question.

I thought it was really fun for what it was. I definitely loved the gameplay of it.

However, it severely suffered from lack of content, at least initially, and the updates to add more content didn't really help, considering the game's already small fanbase had dwindled by that point.

I'd definitely love a sequel, and if Spring Man or Ribbon Girl got into Smash, you wouldn't see me complaining.

by the way i was a min min main

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Here's a question.

It's a quaint game, with interesting character designs, but it's definitely not for me. I prefer a normal controller and a 2D symmetrical environment.

I think it's going to do great if Nintendo chooses to support it further down the line, though of course, it probably won't be making EVO or breaking out as a very competitive game regardless of the competitive scene for it.

A Sequel would probably do even better than the first, with the developers adding onto the original and finding what they could improve on from the original.

ARMS in Smash definitely seems possible. Looking at all the Switch exclusive titles, it's one of the games that could most definitely represent the Switch era of the Joycons as well as coming from an already popular game similar to Wii Fit and the Wii and Inkling and the Wii U.

In short:
Sure, why not.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Dark Horse? So this is an American comic? Usually Nintendo properties are handled by Shogakukan and in the states by VIZ (the Zelda, Splatoon, etc. manga) :yoshi:
Yep. And I've tried to get some insider information about it because I literally live ****ing next door to Dark Horse's headquarters but the guys I know know nothing about it.

A teaser was released as part of Free Comic Book Day 2017. We're almost to FCBD '19 already and nothing.

But it should be noted that Nintendo already worked with Dark Horse before on all the Hyrule Hystoria books.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
everyone else: the scp wiki is full of eldritch horrors the likes of which will keep you up at night, haunted by the thoughts of what your life would be like if these things truly roamed the earth

me:

View attachment 213952

mm pizza
Ewwww Little Sneezsars.

Get on my level, Hinata.
Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 12.05.43 AM.png

[Would order a cup of liquified "All My Most-Wanted Characters Are Confirmed playable in Smash Ultimate"]

Oh, and for those who don't know, this thing has successfully produced a cup of drinkable music before. How it can exist in a liquid state is anyone's guess, but that's what I love about this thing.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Here's a question.

I like the game quite a bit, and in terms of sales, did well enough to warrant a sequel. I also appreciate the amount of different modes in the game. Almost reminds me of a Tekken title. One of the games literally being a 3D Tekken Ball mode. But it has been overshadowed by Splatoon for the competitive market for Nintendo games. What I do think a sequel would need is maybe make the fighting pace slightly faster. It needs an extra "oomph" from a spectator point of view.

They're also some of my favorite Nintendo character designs, since like Metroid Prime or Punch-Out Wii.

I hope Spring Man makes it into the next Smash. Could be fun to have a Dhalsim style character. Whether or not ARMS needs a second character that's not an echo is hard to say. Dr.Coyle could be cool if they want a Villain. But I think the Electric Bombs could make for decent items, as would Headlok. And there's a wealth of choices for Assist Trophies after they add a playable character.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I’m sorry. I don’t know why I do things like this. I guess I just wish I had more power. The ability to just stop all the bad things that hurt me.

So I pretend to here.
Surely there are healthier ways to vent your frustrations.
Here's a question.

It's an innovative take on the fighting game genre, and if it becomes a series (similar to Splatoon), I wouldn't be surprised if we see ARMS in the next Smash Bros.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Surely there are healthier ways to vent your frustrations.

It's an innovative take on the fighting game genre, and if it becomes a series (similar to Splatoon), I wouldn't be surprised if we see ARMS in the next Smash Bros.
Notice how the Spring Man trophy finishes off with a Final Smash-esque attack? I think this means he was playable at one point, and his status was downgraded at some point after a small amount of work had been done.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Notice how the Spring Man trophy finishes off with a Final Smash-esque attack? I think this means he was playable at one point, and his status was downgraded at some point after a small amount of work had been done.
I am going to be positive and say that perhaps there is a chance that Spring Man and Rex will become playable characters in Smash's future one way or another, regardless of how "final" Ultimate feels atm.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
guys knuckle joe has been denied being in smash brothers for 11 years

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 213951

One of these days I need to get enough sleep.

What'd I miss.
Who needs sleep when you've got Red Bull?

I have an essay due in less than two days and It's only a third finished and I can barely muster the motivation to work on it and there's so much other (good) stuff going on in my life like I might be going to New York for a month or two to intern with an organization I've dreamed of working with but I have a short period to act and a lot of stuff would need to come together fast but I also don't know if it'll happen but even then I have another internship I was planning on working this summer that might get sidelined because of this and this throws a lot of my summer plans into disarray and I have to work on my fencing and maybe study for a huge exam for a certification I've wanted to get for a couple of years now and I have books to read and video games to play and playlists to add music to and reorganize and books to read and a meme folder that needs to be made and writing pieces to make for Smashboards so much stuff to do it's kind of overwhelming but also I don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have any of this so :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Who needs sleep when you've got Red Bull?

I have an essay due in less than two days and It's only a third finished and I can barely muster the motivation to work on it and there's so much other (good) stuff going on in my life like I might be going to New York for a month or two to intern with an organization I've dreamed of working with but I have a short period to act and a lot of stuff would need to come together fast but I also don't know if it'll happen but even then I have another internship I was planning on working this summer that might get sidelined because of this and this throws a lot of my summer plans into disarray and I have to work on my fencing and maybe study for a huge exam for a certification I've wanted to get for a couple of years now and I have books to read and video games to play and playlists to add music to and reorganize and books to read and a meme folder that needs to be made and writing pieces to make for Smashboards so much stuff to do it's kind of overwhelming but also I don't know what I'd be doing if I didn't have any of this so :drshrug:
I read "doing" as "dung" for a split second.
Why...

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
We talking about disconfirmed characters again?

sigh
"One day, fem-Vergil. One day."

Sakurai and Lyn.jpg

Oh yeah, back on topic, it's never happening.
If you want to look at high amounts of effort being put into an accessory item, look at Alucard.
Even among fighter-lite assist trophies, he is far more unique and has mechanics and animations exclusive to him.
And let's just say, Alucard isn't exactly on the priority list of characters Sakurai is realistically considering, uh, ever.

Give up hope, let it go, and move on.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Sakurai has said he was too late to become a playable fighter.

KMDP

Smash Legend

me:

View attachment 213952

mm pizza
Some SCP's a horrendous nightmares from the depths of the human psyche.

And some are just nice, albeit anomalous, things like a Pizza box that generates infinite pizza.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here's a question.

It’s fun but it needs work to maintain long term play status imo.

It’s a super cool take on the fighting genre with unique character designs, however that doesn’t stick when it’s not expanded on.

It needs more long term content and a way to stick out more. Imo they should do a story mode flesh out characters, honestly with how cool some of the stuff and story we do have is, I’d love to see Nintendo give it overwatch like shorts.

It would make each character stick out and be a little more memorable. After that find ways to really switch up fighting between characters. There are some cool examples of this like twintelle fighting with hair.

At the end of the day though all they do is stretch and punch to win. Which makes it hard to really shine.

The stretch gimmick should stay and is cool, but we need more varied attacks so that each character feels a little different.

I like the game a lot and hope we get a sequel that expands on its concept and adds the polish to bring attention and show that it’s worthy of being played big time.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
then write it

just write it

go

leave

thats what i did in march and now i won 1000 dollars

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I am going to be positive and say that perhaps there is a chance that Spring Man and Rex will become playable characters in Smash's future one way or another, regardless of how "final" Ultimate feels atm.
I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't had an assist get upgraded to fully playable yet, not in the same manner that Chrom gets to be both playable and an Assist.

That said, if it ever happens, that'll open a whole can of worms. It'll be worth it though, because Spring-Man's pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

I'm not going to make this very long, but I'll be taking the teeniest break from Smashboards. I'm a little emotionally overwhelmed right now. It'll probably only be a day or two, but I just figured I'd explain my short little absence.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Here's a question.

• My opinion: As others have said, I loved everything about ARMS except for the game itself. The lack of content made playing the game for a sense of progression pointless, and the gameplay felt samey between each character because ARMS could be used equally across the whole roster. I bought it for full price, played it for a good couple of months, but traded it in to buy Xenoblade 2.
  • Sequel: It was insanely successful for a fighting game, especially a new IP. Over 2 million sales is a ton. A sequel would be warranted. I think a sequel would be like Splatoon 2, Nintendo's other new competitive multiplayer game IP, and keep the core gameplay the same while adding new stuff.
  • Smash: ARMS should definitely be in Smash, it's popular, unique, and I'll stand by saying Ultimate could've used a few more characters who are directly associated with starting on the Switch. Not sure about getting F-Smashed from across Final Destination though. /s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom