• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
I just lost some of my skills with samus, since I’m currently playing Simon. His specials can really help you out when you spam them each in order.

D

Deleted member

This is a very perfect portrayal of some topics.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Frick yeah I'm a little over a third of the way done with my essay.

And tomorrow I've got 4 and a half hours that are perfect "work on essay" time before a math final.

And after that? I've got as much time as I need and an emergency Red Bull to get me to the end.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If you want to look at high amounts of effort being put into an accessory item, look at Alucard.
On the other hand, all the assist trophies from Smash 4 are full of recycled assets, and all the ones that were in Brawl still have relics from Wii memory limitations, including Lyn.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not going to make this very long, but I'll be taking the teeniest break from Smashboards. I'm a little emotionally overwhelmed right now. It'll probably only be a day or two, but I just figured I'd explain my short little absence.
See you soon, my good friend!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Good answers to the ARMS question.

Here's another question.

What's your favorite 3D Sonic game and why?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Keep laughing, buddy.
You can laugh all the way to the grave (which is approximately the same amount of time FE7 becomes relevant again).
Never doubt the power of nostalgia. :4feroy:

Last edited:

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Oh yeah, I never actually posted the full results here yet.

1. Dyllybirdy
  2. GoldenYuiitusin
  3. Zinith
  4. Osby
  5. SonicSmasher1
  6. Blade of Evil's Bane
  7. Praline
  8. PeridotGX
  9. Z25
  10. Zeke the Zekenator
  11. KMDP
  12. Wademan94
  13. Shishœ
  14. Elma
  15. Ultomato
  16. Moydow
  17. ShotoStar
  18. Bolderousness
  19. UtopianPoyzin
  20. Cyndane
  21. Blargg888
  22. SnakeFighter64
  23. Just a penguin
  24. Onereasonanddone
  25. Faygoshill
  26. Gentlepanda
  27. Smashing Ramen
  28. Noipoi
  29. Freezerburn
  30. Pokechu
  31. Hinata
  32. RandomAce (Next round cutoff)
  33. Loz18
  34. Idon
  35. GothFluttershy
  36. Roberk
  37. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  38. Tehponycorn
  39. JDCabrera
  40. NonSpecificGod
  41. Pyra
  42. PsySmasher
  43. Mythra
  44. ShinyLegendary
  45. DevaAshera
  46. Arigarmy
  47. KarneraMythos
  48. SneakyLink
  49. Xiivi
  50. Staindgrey
  51. SoccerStar9001
  52. Iridium
  53. Swamp Sensei
  54. IsmaR
  55. Thesaurus30

The Marble Race has its own dedicated thread in Forum Games now to catch up on any missed rounds and to say things like "I beat you by one place".

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I need to go to sleep. Hopefully I’m better in the morning.
tenor.gif

Get rest fam.

Hope you feel better when you wake too.

Here's a question.

What do you think of ARMS? What do you think about its future? What would a potential sequel look like? What about ARMS in Smash?
staindgrey staindgrey summed up my basic thoughts before I got the chance to -

I love the aesthetics, the music and the gameplay. Only thing that hurts it is general content; you can only play the game so much.

The Dark Horse graphic novel has been pushed back like three times and there's no word on a sequel, so I'm not sure what it would look like or when it would happen.

Min Min should be in Smash. @Smashing Ramen get in here and back me up.
- but I'll add one more.

It kinda feels like filler in some respects. I know it was released in a lull between MK8D and Splatoon 2, and I know that colors my opinion of it somewhat, but even given the option I don't really play it much anymore or find it half as fun as I used to.

Unfortunately if you asked me why that is, I'd be completely at a loss to vocalize it. I've enjoyed pretty much every update they've added, the slow story drip is nice, and every new character design I see out of them just gets more and more dope (excepting Springtron, who felt lazy). I think the gameplay just failed to captivate me long-term.

I do hope - possibly beyond hope - for a sequel. It feels like it could be a really great starting ground that could well be fixed with iteration on its gameplay, and I'm crossing my fingers they try. Hell, even Street Fighter didn't get it right until 2.

We'll see though.

Also Min-Min is still bae.

Who needs sleep when you've got Red Bull?
Me.

I do.

Read the rest though; sounds like you got a full plate. Be careful you don't overextend, aight? Keep yourself sane out there.

I'm not going to make this very long, but I'll be taking the teeniest break from Smashboards. I'm a little emotionally overwhelmed right now. It'll probably only be a day or two, but I just figured I'd explain my short little absence.
Understand the feeling, it's been that kinda day.

Take the time you need, fam. We'll be here waiting for ya.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
little mac my man
I meant in the context of the same game. I figured my comment on Chrom's dual role in Ultimate made that clear, but I should have clarified better.

I'm well aware that Little Mac, Charizard, Dark Samus, Isabelle and the Plant were Assists in previous titles.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
in terms of gameplay obviously sonic generations for being a best-of compilation

in personal experience, probably SA2 because Eggman blew up the ****ing moon and it birthed this meme that has a lot of dirty words

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
I am going to be positive and say that perhaps there is a chance that Spring Man and Rex will become playable characters in Smash's future one way or another, regardless of how "final" Ultimate feels atm.
*Sigh*....

As much as I'd love this, b/c a lot of my most wanted are either Assists or deconfirmed, I doubt it'll happen in Ultimate.

And if it does (somehow), it won't happen until much later into Ultimate's lifespan.

Smash 6 is a gigantic question mark, so I can't really comment on that.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Keep laughing, buddy.
You can laugh all the way to the grave (which is approximately the same amount of time FE7 becomes relevant again).
Imagine like... an FE7 sequal.

It's like have all the kids of our favorite characters in it. Could even have a few returning ones. Heck Hector should come back. Nothing could kill him.

Roberk

Smash Champion
I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't had an assist get upgraded to fully playable yet, not in the same manner that Chrom gets to be both playable and an Assist.

That said, if it ever happens, that'll open a whole can of worms. It'll be worth it though, because Spring-Man's pretty cool.
:ultlittlemac::ultdarksamus::ultisabelle::
1556598254215.png

10 characters

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sonic 3 & Knuckles/Sonic CD/Sonic Mania counts, right? I mean... They had those weird 3D segments you had to play to get the Emeralds/Infinity Stones.
Bruh. Come on now.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Ewwww Little Sneezsars.

Get on my level, Hinata.
View attachment 213954
[Would order a cup of liquified "All My Mains Are Confirmed playable in Smash Ultimate"]

Oh, and for those who don't know, this thing has successfully produced a cup of drinkable music before. How it can exist in a liquid state is anyone's guess, but that's what I love about this thing.
That good but nothing can compared to the shear horror of this SCP
36726154-7F36-4150-A9DF-54270F05F1FE.jpeg

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'll believe it when I see it. We haven't had an assist get upgraded to fully playable yet, not in the same manner that Chrom gets to be both playable and an Assist.

That said, if it ever happens, that'll open a whole can of worms. It'll be worth it though, because Spring-Man's pretty cool.
Not quite what I meant, but I understand your reasons for assuming it was phrased that way. I wasn't referring to Spring Man being promoted from his current state so much that I feel like we could still see Smash return in a future Nintendo console eventually, however long that may be.

Alternatively on the subject of promotions, it's definitely nothing for this current wave of DLC, but I feel like there could be a slim possibility of it happening in a hypothetical second pack. The former is more likely though.

*Sigh*....

As much as I'd love this, b/c a lot of my most wanted are either Assists or deconfirmed, I doubt it'll happen in Ultimate.

And if it does (somehow), it won't happen until much later into Ultimate's lifespan.

Smash 6 is a gigantic question mark, so I can't really comment on that.
To be fair, no one can. Hell, no one even knows for certain what the Fighter's Pass will give us beyond what we already know.

D

Deleted member

I started playing Miitopia again. Currently in the post-game and it's still super fun.

Oh, and Noipoi Noipoi , Marie is an Imp in my party and she requested a Squid Spear. It's literally just a spear shaped like a squid.

This game is perfection.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master

Here's another question.

Generations if that counts. Looking back on it, while I find SA1 and SA2 enjoyable, I think they have some pretty poor design choices laced into them, that prevents me from calling them anything beyond decent. Heroes sucked, and Shadow was kind of a mixed bag for me. Really liked the mechanics and the controls but HATED the way you had to replay every ****ing level over and over again. Especially when you unlock a "super hard mode" later on that just makes the levels go in a linear path and is far more enjoyable.

Honestly I think Generations is the best we've ever gotten out of the boost formula. Unleashed was bogged down by the stupid ****in beat em up sections and certain versions of the game were hella buggy. Generations is the ONLY 3D sonic game in my opinion that keeps a consistent pace, which is what I think is most necessary for a Sonic game.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Never doubt the power of nostalgia. :4feroy:
Japanese Nostalgia.

To the West, FE7 was the first taste of FE goodness and kept the rest of the world clamoring for more.
To the East, FE7 was FE6 with hotter main lords.
FE7 trio lyn hector eliwood.png

Nevermind the fact that Lyn and Hector are 2 of the most popular characters in FE as a whole, because who gives a **** about that.

View attachment 213961

they imagined it before it even existed
That was the joke, mang.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Every few months my little sister gets a new condition and I swear I can’t handle this anxiety.

I thought the seizures were the worst of it. That was two years ago.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Ewwww Little Sneezsars.

Get on my level, Hinata.
View attachment 213954
[Would order a cup of liquified "All My Mains Are Confirmed playable in Smash Ultimate"]

Oh, and for those who don't know, this thing has successfully produced a cup of drinkable music before. How it can exist in a liquid state is anyone's guess, but that's what I love about this thing.
Just don't order "A Cup of Joe".
That good but nothing can compared to the shear horror of this SCPView attachment 213957
Hah.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Here's another question.

Sonic Unleashed.

After beating it once I can go back and enjoy the daytime levels anytime I want, and for my money, that's still the best pure 3D Sonic gameplay available. No gimmicks, well-crafted level design, wonderful music and it looks great too.

If the night levels never existed it would've been a lot more people's favorite Sonic game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh yeah, I never actually posted the full results here yet.

1. Dyllybirdy
  2. GoldenYuiitusin
  3. Zinith
  4. Osby
  5. SonicSmasher1
  6. Blade of Evil's Bane
  7. Praline
  8. PeridotGX
  9. Z25
  10. Zeke the Zekenator
  11. KMDP
  12. Wademan94
  13. Shishœ
  14. Elma
  15. Ultomato
  16. Moydow
  17. ShotoStar
  18. Bolderousness
  19. UtopianPoyzin
  20. Cyndane
  21. Blargg888
  22. SnakeFighter64
  23. Just a penguin
  24. Onereasonanddone
  25. Faygoshill
  26. Gentlepanda
  27. Smashing Ramen
  28. Noipoi
  29. Freezerburn
  30. Pokechu
  31. Hinata
  32. RandomAce (Next round cutoff)
  33. Loz18
  34. Idon
  35. GothFluttershy
  36. Roberk
  37. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  38. Tehponycorn
  39. JDCabrera
  40. NonSpecificGod
  41. Pyra
  42. PsySmasher
  43. Mythra
  44. ShinyLegendary
  45. DevaAshera
  46. Arigarmy
  47. KarneraMythos
  48. SneakyLink
  49. Xiivi
  50. Staindgrey
  51. SoccerStar9001
  52. Iridium
  53. Swamp Sensei
  54. IsmaR
  55. Thesaurus30

The Marble Race has its own dedicated thread in Forum Games now to catch up on any missed rounds and to say things like "I beat you by one place".
What does green mean?

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

One minor thing though... Chrom wasn't an Assist .
Yes, he appeared in :ultrobin:'s FS, but I don't count that as the same thing.

So this would help FS specific characters, like Fiora.

But Spring Man is an Assist Trophy so... I'm not 100% sure this applies. It might. It might not.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Here's another question.

Probably Generations, but I feel that's cheating since 2/3 of the game is in 2D.

So I'll say Sonic Heroes, since I at least like the aesthetics of the levels and the music. It's one of those titles that has mechanics I feel could be refined in a 2nd title. Much like Mario Sunshine, though Mario Sunshine's definitely more polished. But that game could have used less teams and even more levels instead.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Here's another question.

Sonic Colors

It’s just good stuff. The levels are mostly fun, the music is great, I love the space amusement park aesthetic (it actually inspired my pilot script).

And it’s the only Sonic I’ve played, so that probably helps.

Roberk

Smash Champion
Sonic Unleashed.

After beating it once I can go back and enjoy the daytime levels anytime I want, and for my money, that's still the best pure 3D Sonic gameplay available. No gimmicks, well-crafted level design, wonderful music and it looks great too.

If the night levels never existed it would've been a lot more people's favorite Sonic game.
Don't mind me, just posting the best Sonic cutscene ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom