• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Using this thread as a test group, I think it's safe to say Sheik should get a Naruto alt.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
You're a Pikachu in a suit quietly sipping tea in a madhouse full of rabid lemurs.
In my defense, I'm wouldn't say I'm in a madhouse full of rabid lemurs.

I stay the hell away from ResetERA.

Since SB janked me out of my followup previously, I'll throw that in here. I gotta ask, because while I'm sure you've probably mentioned this before my sieve-like memory doesn't recall it:

Thoughts on Mania?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Hey now, us S3&K fanatics can be civil.

View attachment 213975

Y'know. On occasion.

[EDIT]: Smashboards moved the Post Reply button into mouse click range because people got chatty. What the hell.

Anyway me being me I gotta ask, because while I'm sure you've probably mentioned this before my sieve-like memory doesn't recall it:

Thoughts on Mania?
It's great. Not "only good Sonic game after Adventure, SEGA pls kill 3D Sonic" great, but still pretty damn great. I hope it gets a sequel down the line, I want a playable Amy.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
[EDIT]: Smashboards moved the Post Reply button into mouse click range because people got chatty. What the hell.

Anyway me being me I gotta ask, because while I'm sure you've probably mentioned this before my sieve-like memory doesn't recall it:

Thoughts on Mania?
Mania is a game that very faithfully follows Sonic 3&K gameplay.

Which I gotta be perfectly honest, I don't enjoy as much as Sonic 2's gameplay, or even CDs. And prior to Mania coming out I thought it was just a matter of the loving polish CD had compared to 3&K, but. . .no, I think I just straight up like CD's gameplay better.

So I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I hoped I would and still haven't gotten around to beating it/upgrading to Plus.

It started Tyson Hesse on the road to making the best Sonic animations we've gotten to date on a semi-regular basis though, so I absolutely can't complain.

I couldn't have predicted in a thousand years that the Nipples the Enchilada guy would get picked up by SEGA and turned into one of their best content producers, holy hell.

D

Deleted member

They actually kinda fixed the grind in MK11. Towers are more fun and less unfair, and the game practically showers you with currency now. My only remaining problem is the character-specific towers still being grindy, but since those are meant to be sorta prestige things for your character I guess I'm okay with it.
My aesthetic is prepared for any eventuality.

I could be:

View attachment 213967

Blue,

View attachment 213968

Red,

View attachment 213969

Or grey.

The possibilities are endless~
Y'know I've never thought about it until now but how is a zombie physically able to blush?

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Which I gotta be perfectly honest, I don't enjoy as much as Sonic 2's gameplay, or even CDs. And prior to Mania coming out I thought it was just a matter of the loving polish CD had compared to 3&K, but. . .no, I think I just straight up like CD's gameplay better.

So I didn't enjoy it quite as much as I hoped I would and still haven't gotten around to beating it/upgrading to Plus.

It started Tyson Hesse on the road to making the best Sonic animations we've gotten to date on a semi-regular basis though, so I absolutely can't complain.

I couldn't have predicted in a thousand years that the Nipples the Enchilada guy would get picked up by SEGA and turned into one of their best content producers, holy hell.
It's pretty sick that it happened though.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Y'know I've never thought about it until now but how is a zombie physically able to blush?
That is an excellent question, one I don't have the answer to.

It makes even less sense for Junko, because she's all stitched together, there's no way blood could flow through that even if zombies DID pump blood.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
It's pretty sick that it happened though.
Mania is something where there's a ton of talented people that got a ton of recognition and employment they deserve and it's so precious and beautiful that it happened.

Really frickin' hate the crowd of a certain type of 3&K fan that it attracted, though.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

I find it a shame, as Mania made me squee from start to finish, but I understand and respect your reasons.

Holy **** it is him.

I don't know what's worse - that I forgot his earlier stuff existed or that I didn't notice it was him till now.

Probably the former if we're being honest. Bad memory, no biscuit.

D

Deleted member

You're a Pikachu in a suit quietly sipping tea in a madhouse full of rabid lemurs.

And not the cute ones either.
This is the truth.
At a war where everyone throws mud at each other, redfeatherraven is quietly sipping tea by himself.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
It's a bit late for that.
View attachment 213974
Yeah, I'm aware of the Internet reaction to that..but that wasn't really Atlus' fault as much as it was the fans' fault..they all assumed the S meant Switch and that Joker in Smash meant Persona 5 was coming to Switch.
I honestly love that Persona 5 Scramble is its own thing, even if I would have loved Persona 5 on Switch.
However, now that Atlus knows that there is a huge fan demand for Persona 5 on Switch, hopefully they'll decide to port Persona 5 Royal to Nintendo Switch at some point before thinking of porting any of the three Dancing games (for that matter, a port of Persona 4 Golden on Switch would be pretty awesome too).

D

Deleted member

Same reason Hammerspace exists in cartoons. The answer is: Suspend your disbelief.
But if my media isn't accurate to reality at all times, how am I supposed to enjoy it?
You tell me to just accept that a character like Mario, who works as a plumber as a living, managed to land a princess? The fire-breathing turtle fighting I can believe, who hasn't done that at some point, but the princess thing?
Outrageous

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
People with light blue aesthetics are ****ing losers who should be publicly shamed
Yeah but have you seen indigo?

It's like the forbidden love-child between blue and purple, how mysterious.

Truly, a thinking man's color.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
But if my media isn't accurate to reality at all times, how am I supposed to enjoy it?
You tell me to just accept that a character like Mario, who works as a plumber as a living, managed to land a princess? The fire-breathing turtle fighting I can believe, who hasn't done that at some point, but the princess thing?
Outrageous

You know it's real life when there's more of these guys out there than princesses.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Lets hope tomorrow is more sane
>Sane
>Smashboards Ultimate Social Thread

Choose one.

The two cannot exist together unless it is in the sentence "the Smashboards Ultimate Social Thread is not sane" or some variation where the same point is made.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom