• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah but have you seen indigo?

It's like the forbidden love-child between blue and purple, how mysterious.

Truly, a thinking man's color.
Indigo is the color of wannabes not strong enough for lilac aesthetic.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
one of my main goals in life is to win EVO using characters nobody expects

imagine me going to EVO and somehow winning the smash ultimate championship using :ultdoc: or :ultdarkpit:

D

Deleted member

Okay I already posted this to the Group Chat Toastbrains made but here are my thoughts on Endgame:

I thought it was absolutely fantastic to the point that I'm already planning my second and possibly even third viewing.

The Music was on point and when they wanted you to feel a certain way like with the Portals Scene you truly felt the triumph and excitement it was going for, When Tony Died you truly felt Sorrow and Grief and a whole lot more. The Movie truly felt (and I don't use this word a lot if barely at all) like an Epic conclusion to the Characters we know and love and if the OST Even played a small part in that then it did it's job and it did it well.

The Story was entertaining through and through it kept me not only at the edge of my hypothetical seat but it made me feel a lot of emotions from entertainment and excitement to grief and sorrow and even Absolute hype the movie was absolutely beautiful. The Story and the way they did time travel was absolutely great they didn't make it feel like there were no threats or danger like some movies do but they didn't make it overly complicated, The way they did Time Travel was fantastic.

Also I called it! I freaking called it! I knew they were going to kill either Steve or Tony + Natasha, I called it! Though I won't lie I felt scared that they were going to kill Bruce off when he snapped his fingers but luckily they did not.

Speaking of Bruce Banner I didn't really like his story arc it felt like it was rushed and it didn't feel earned, We didn't see how he "cured" himself and how he turned into Professor Hulk we just saw that it happened not how nor did we really understand why all too deeply but we saw that it happened, I don't really like that.

Though that's only a slight nitpick that I had so it didn't bother me much I just accepted it and I went along with the Movie in the end it was fine I wouldn't say that it was the best choice or way they could've done it but it was fine for what it was.

Also another slight nitpick that I had was the way Thor looked and acted he only felt like comedic relief with the way they handled him to the point that when I went to see the movie (I went with my parents as they were interested in it too) my dad laughed at the scene between him and Frigga even though it was a serious scene. I really hoped that he would've worked out and got back to his original look like Goku or other anime protagonists do and that they would do it like that but nope, I can't deny that it bothered me a bit but I got over it as it's not the worst they could've done it was just a little nitpick I had.

Also can we talk about those two scenes? You know the ones Tony's death and Natasha's death. Those hit me hard as even if I did predict it and called it it hit me like a truck I wasn't ready for Tony nor Natasha to die we grew to love those two so it was painful to see them go, I thought for a second that Clint was going to die but no! I'm gonna miss them I know they won't return period but I can't help but to miss them.

They were great characters and I grew to adore them, We've been with Tony since the very first Movie he was the heart and soul of the MCU! I'm gonna miss him a whole lot and I won't be ashamed of admitting that yes I did cry.

The Scene was very thought out and I kinda like how Thanos/Tony Parallel each other and they even paralleled each other in what they said throughout the movie Thanos was boasting about how he's apparently inevitable saying "I am Inevitable" when Tony's last words to Thanos were "I am Iron Man" which not only was a great way of showing them and their parallels but also a neat call back to the original Iron Man movie.

And with Natasha's death I liked the squabble between Clint and Natasha it really goes to show how much they care for each other that they wanted to sacrifice themselves to save each other so while we may not have physically seen their backstory with each other we can see that they deeply care about one another.

Clint was ready to sacrifice himself and to throw away his family for Natasha cause of their history with each other and their friendship it almost feels like they think of themselves as family like Clint sees Natasha as a member of his family while Natasha feels like Clint and the rest of the Avengers are her only family and that she'd do anything for them which of course, She does.

Also while this may not have been a big scene (and by big I mean deep or character driven like the other two scenes I talked about were) can we talk about that portal scene? Thanos was gearing up his army while Cap was all by himself ready to fight the good fight and defeat the enemy even if it meant him dying in the process.

Which he didn't cause Doctor Strange and the crew appeared at the last second, I didn't even think Doc has the strength to cross between worlds and do so with as many portals as he did but nope he did! And I think that was really cool, I think everyone thought that was really cool!

That Scene was truly Epic as I said previously.

I'm actually glad none of the people who died outside of the Snap came back it made Infinity War feel like it had some amount of Stakes permanently killing off Gamora (Supposedly), Loki, Heimdall, Vision and now Natasha and Tony these two movies did change a lot so while they may not have changed as much as we might've thought it did change a lot of the dynamics in the MCU.

Also I liked the Parallels of Infinity War throughout the movie from Thanos and Tony's parallels like I stated earlier to the parallel of Tony and Peter it was very noticeable and while Tony is or was the heart of the MCU I would believe that from now on Peter will be the heart of the MCU and that was indirectly a passing of the torch from one generation to the next.

May I point out two more things before I wrap this up, I liked how Thor joined the (As)Guardians of the Galaxy and I can't wait to see how that shakes up some of the dynamics between the cast and finally but certainly not least, It's bittersweet seeing Cap finally get his happy ending.

On one hand I'm gonna miss Cap and he's actually become one of my favorite MCU Characters so seeing him leave will leave a hole in my Steve loving heart but on the other hand it's so sweet seeing Cap get his happy ending, I'm glad he finally got that dance with Peggy and after everything he's done for the world he deserved it.

He's been here since forever and it's gonna be sad seeing him leave but I'm also glad he gets his happy ending.

Over all I'm very satisfied with the movie actually scratch that, I'm more than Satisfied with the movie I loved it in fact! It's probably my favorite MCU Film but I'll need to see it a few more times to really make a final call for that but in this current moment I feel like it's in my top three with Infinity War and Doctor Strange.

I loved everything about it and while I had one or two nitpicks it doesn't ruin the film for me or anything, I quite enjoyed it so I would give it a solid 10/10 it's actually the first 10/10 I've ever given a movie even Doctor Strange or Infinity War I gave an 8.5/10 and 9/10 respectively but this movie, This Movie is special.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Did someone say Hammerspace?

I get the feeling you're half-expecting me to say this, but I'm more fascinated by Mario and Yoshi's uncanny ability to dodge around a Banzai Bill so nonchalantly.

But if my media isn't accurate to reality at all times, how am I supposed to enjoy it?
You tell me to just accept that a character like Mario, who works as a plumber as a living, managed to land a princess? The fire-breathing turtle fighting I can believe, who hasn't done that at some point, but the princess thing?
Outrageous
"But if my contemporary entertainment venue has no approximation in the physical realm while operating in the fourth dimension, how can one expect me to take delight in such tropes? You, the individual reading this, assume that the heroic archetype that is Mario, whose career involves plumbing and the act thereof, victoriously won the admiration of the fair maiden and ruler of a kingdom? The tortoise whose protective dome apparatus has sharp spikes protruding, and can unhinge the dragon's brimstone flames is a realistic obstacle, for which no persons avoided such folly, but the rescue of a political figure?
Inconceivable!"

EDIT: Holy ****, my laptop was lagging like crazy while I was responding.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So it's Golden Week now, which means absolutely no game news from the land of the Rising Sun for a week.

Also I made an avatar bet in my signature.

D

Deleted member

M’kay Noipoi Noipoi , I’ve got my selfie for the Mii.
It is truly a privilege to be able to witness my sexy face and stupid hair.
977B542F-FAE7-4412-81AF-7A0F7C1320C5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So it's Golden Week now, which means absolutely no game news from the land of the Rising Sun for a week.

Also I made an avatar bet in my signature.
>Not betting your account

Come back and let us know when you make a REAL bet.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Any particular reason you chose June 9th?
Tuesday June 11th is Nintendo's E3 Direct. Since they average around 40-45 minutes and Patch 3.0 details was a 15 minute video, it's very likely they won't make 15 minutes of a 45 minute video about Smash DLC. It'll likely be in a separate Smash direct like back in 2015 with Lucas Roy, and Ryu with the patch releasing after the direct which was a Sunday and June 9th is the sunday before Nintendo's E3 this year.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Tuesday June 11th is Nintendo's E3 Direct. Since they average around 40-45 minutes and Patch 3.0 details was a 15 minute video, it's very likely they won't make 15 minutes of a 45 minute video about Smash DLC. It'll likely be in a separate Smash direct like back in 2015 with Lucas Roy, and Ryu with the patch releasing after the direct which was a Sunday and June 9th is the sunday before Nintendo's E3 this year.
confused samus.png

Well alright, enjoy your Bubsy avatar.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
oh **** i just noticed that they gave chrom the awakening victory theme

took em long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom