• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Listen, I just want to know if a XB2 is 100% dead or not, because I still remember that bet I made with Gentlepanda Gentlepanda with the 20$ I give him if a XB2 character becoem DLC, and while it's unlikely to happen, it's never good to say that something is 100% gone/dead/etc.. until you have clear evidence it is.

Play XB instead of judging a character based off old memes, ya dingus. :v
Well you might have a... somewhat decent shot if KOS-MOS is considered a XB2 character in this scenario.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If we get two E3 reveals then we could see a 1st and a 3rd party.
Kick off the event by revealing a Fire Emblem character and drop Edrick/Steve at the end to make the crowd go mild.
I'd be perfectly fine with this

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kick off the event by revealing a Fire Emblem character and drop Edrick/Steve at the end to make the crowd go mild.
I doubt it, but I desperately want it.

D

Deleted member

Looking up "Neo Spacian Aqua Dolphin" on Google Images was the biggest mistake I've made in a while

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't there some sorta confirmation that all 5 are 3rd party?
Listen, I just want to know if a XB2 is 100% dead or not, because I still remember that bet I made with Gentlepanda Gentlepanda
Play XB instead of judging a character based off old memes, ya dingus. :v
I was joking, I actually like him in Smash. And I will put my muns to getting XB
Screenshot_2019-04-26-19-25-39~3.png

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
oh yeah baby, just how i like it

View attachment 213272
Meanwhile I'm not so concerned about the waiting. Smash reveals should tide me in the meantime. Until then...

Let's take that even further.

Any time Smash has shown up at E3 we've gotten three newcomers.
  • :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer: 2013
  • :ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultpacman: 2014
  • :ultlucas::ultroy::ultryu: 2015
  • :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley: 2018
    • Yes I know Inkling was already "revealed," but they were fully shown off at E3. You could also count the returning Veterans as newcomers to get more than 3
One DLC character (Brave) releasing same day, one DLC character being unveiled, and a bonus DLC echo wouldn't surprise me.
Just watch, they'll break this pattern by only having two, otherwise there's not gonna be news for the pass' last character for a while.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Im still sad Persona Q2 doesn't have a english dub
It's a shame but understandable. A 3DS game from a series that's seen as niche being released in 2019, of course it's not gonna have an English dub.

Also some of the English cast members for Persona are going through some controversies right now so that's another thing on top of that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well you might have a... somewhat decent shot if KOS-MOS is considered a XB2 character in this scenario.
Actually, if KOS-MOS is revealed as a DLC character, that would help me alot since I consider her a Xenosaga character, not XB2, so that mean I get what I want and I wouldn't have to pay Gentlepanda for that.

So really, I hope you're right.
Wasn't there some sorta confirmation that all 5 are 3rd party?

I was joking, I actually like him in Smash. And I will put my muns to getting XB
View attachment 213280
Thinking.gif

Hmmm....alright, I let you pass without trouble on this one.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Listen, I just want to know if a XB2 is 100% dead or not, because I still remember that bet I made with Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Gentlepanda Gentlepanda with the 20$ I give him if a XB2 character becoem DLC, and while it's unlikely to happen, it's never good to say that something is 100% gone/dead/etc.. until you have clear evidence it is.
tfw i got literally nothing to lose from this arrangement

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Actually, if KOS-MOS is revealed as a DLC character, that would help me alot since I consider her a Xenosaga character, not XB2, so that mean I get what I want and I wouldn't have to pay Gentlepanda for that.

So really, I hope you're right.
Oh wait... I didn't realize that you were betting against a XB2 character in this scenario.

So yeah, unless it's something like KOS-MOS specifically in her XB2 design, and that design only, I think you're pretty much in the clear.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
tfw i got literally nothing to lose from this arrangement
I both lose and win if I either lose or win the bet, because I will lost something good for something that is also good in another context.

Except if I get KOS-MOS, there I get a character I genuinely want and I don't have to pay you for it because Xenosaga, not Xenoblade. :p
Your new signature gives me life.
Glad you like my creations.
what I have done 2.gif
what I have done 2.gif
what I have done 2.gif

Oh wait... I didn't realize that you were betting against a XB2 character in this scenario.

So yeah, unless it's something like KOS-MOS specifically in her XB2 design, and that design only, I think you're pretty much in the clear.
Yeah, pretty much that.

I personally think they would give her a new design for Smash only, since XB2 design is too fanservice-y imo to be left untouch, and let's not go over her old designs.

So yeah, if she get in, I win at life.
D2SidtrWoAAYh15.jpg

D

Deleted member

I both lose and win if I either lose or win the bet, because I will lost something good for something that is also good in another context.

Except if I get KOS-MOS, there I get a character I genuinely want and I don't have to pay you for it because Xenosaga, not Xenoblade. :p

Glad you like my creations.View attachment 213283View attachment 213283View attachment 213283

Yeah, pretty much that.

I personally think they would give her a new design for Smash only, since XB2 design is too fanservice-y imo to be left untouch, and let's not go over her old designs.

So yeah, if she get in, I win at life.
View attachment 213284
You made those? You legend.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so there’s currently a thread on this site talking about how 3rd parties should be exclusively Nintendo related and that picks like Joker, Cloud, and Snake were terrible.

I can’t be the only person who thinks that’s a bad idea, right?
Bad idea or not, it's an incredibly small and bigoted worldview to only want Nintendo related icons.

Three characters at E3, including a bonus echo

View attachment 213274

Don't do this to me, pony.
Given how we don't even have a hint about the third DLC character, I wouldn't hold our breath. With the lineup of games we're to expect--Animal Crossing, FE Three Houses, maybe Bayo 3--I doubt they're making half of the direct dedicated to Smash Bros this time around so three newcomers is complete overkill for the time they'll be given. A character is good enough. Two unique newcomers is ideal. Two newcomers and an echo is baffling.
Let's take that even further.

Any time Smash has shown up at E3 we've gotten three newcomers.
  • :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer: 2013
  • :ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultpacman: 2014
  • :ultlucas::ultroy::ultryu: 2015
  • :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley: 2018
    • Yes I know Inkling was already "revealed," but they were fully shown off at E3. You could also count the returning Veterans as newcomers to get more than 3
One DLC character (Brave) releasing same day, one DLC character being unveiled, and a bonus DLC echo wouldn't surprise me.
Three of your examples aren't related to DLC so I'm doubtful of this pattern. Especially when Lucas and Roy didn't come with new stages and music. This run of DLC has only months of prep compared to the years Smash 4's and Ultimate's reveal had.. I'll play cautious and say it'll be a jackpot if we get two newcomers revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The whole vic mignogna situation that's been going on since January
*rolls eyes*
ugh, I thought i was something I havent heard to death by now.

Still really dissapointing thete is no english dub. That would of been the only thing to make me buy the game.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
*rolls eyes*
ugh, I thought i was something I havent heard to death by now.

Still really dissapointing thete is no english dub. That would of been the only thing to make me buy the game.
I honestly think it's a bit of an overreaction to not buy a game because it doesn't an English dub but that's just me.

Yeah I have no idea what this is
TLDR Vic mignogna accused of ****, at this point he's been proven innocent but the other actors accusing him are going to cartoonish lengths to prove he's guilty.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Tries to draw self
Miscalculates facial proportions again
Gave self a massive chin

I’m thanos now

KMDP

Smash Legend
Graizen travels to Mexico just to break my hands.
Well, Digimon does have plenty of waifu designs for you to draw in the event that Agumon gets into Smash.

E.g. Angewomon, as just a start.
EDIT: Discord has ruined my Italicizing instincts.
Yeah I have no idea what this is
Vic Mignogna is being accused of Sexual Assault.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I honestly think it's a bit of an overreaction to not buy a game because it doesn't an English dub but that's just me.

TLDR Vic mignogna accused of ****, at this point he's been proven innocent but the other actors accusing him are going to cartoonish lengths to prove he's guilty.
Huh.
What was the accusation? What actors?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm still waiting for mah lewd Mythra Mythra .
D4pwlFNX4AAl5jD.png

I won't rest in peace until I get them, Mythra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom