• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know about all of the games in advance thanks to Somecallmejohnny's reviews. It's just a matter of playing them. Worst case scenario, I'll just cheat over the really **** parts like Doc Robot, because Doc Robot is dumb.
Doc Robot isn't too bad until you get to Doc Robot Quick Man. Weakness for that one is so counterintuitive.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Before I go, Noipoi Noipoi , for giving me that horrible image about Steve's [REDACTED], I let you know I will make sure to ask you something really detailled for you to make when it come to my commi, so that you can understand the pain I am feeling right now over that comment you made.
D2UDsKdWkAALse5.jpg

I hope you understand.

That all said, have a great night folks, and see ya tommorrow!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alright. Gotta go do a three hour recording session then head to my date.

Not sure how this is gonna go but wish me luck I guess.

My recording sessions aren't really that long, but there once I just sat in front of my mic doing Toad's voice for an hour straight. Absolutely killed my throat, and I didn't even like the end product.

Simply the best way to use an hour.

D

Deleted member

Doc Robot isn't too bad until you get to Doc Robot Quick Man. Weakness for that one is so counterintuitive.
It looks like the worst kind of padding. Not only are we going through aesthetically the same stages, but I have to learn the patterns of two bosses per stage, which is a turnoff for me when it comes to the series because losing all of my lives at the end is a shortcut to the beginning of the level. Make no mistake, I'm cheesing Doc Robot.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know about all of the games in advance thanks to Somecallmejohnny's reviews. It's just a matter of playing them. Worst case scenario, I'll just cheat over the really **** parts like Doc Robot, because Doc Robot is dumb.
Actually speaking of Johnny, how do you feel about the Heavy Rain revisit on SGB? Because good lord do I love people making fun of David Cage's writing. Matt DID say a slur but immediately corrected himself and apologized for it and his twitter is mostly about being anti-slur and **** so ehhhh.

Also Greg reacting to all this **** is like Johnny reacting to Huniepop
:2gud:
Wait, what?
Aw **** did I spoil that? Then you probably saw the time Thanos owned Captain America by saying "Kung Pow Penis, Gamers rise up"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright. Gotta go do a three hour recording session then head to my date.

Not sure how this is gonna go but wish me luck I guess.

Good luck!!!

Before I go, Noipoi Noipoi , for giving me that horrible image about Steve's [REDACTED], I let you know I will make sure to ask you something really detailled for you to make when it come to my commi, so that you can understand the pain I am feeling right now over that comment you made.
View attachment 213302
I hope you understand.

That all said, have a great night folks, and see ya tommorrow!
Okay

Just remember, I charge by time.

The longer I take on it, and the more effort I put into it, the more you pay.

lord troller.gif

Go ahead, make my day.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
My recording sessions aren't really that long, but there once I just sat in front of my mic doing Toad's voice for an hour straight. Absolutely killed my throat, and I didn't even like the end product.

Simply the best way to use an hour.
Well I'm directing and recording. We've got five people scheduled to come in, plus me doing retakes for Wufei.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Well I'm directing and recording. We've got five people scheduled to come in, plus me doing retakes for Wufei.
Retakes? I have yet to watch a single Gundam show so I assume you're developing him considering how he got his ass beat. Gonna be honest here, Wufei very rarely ends up making me enjoy his presence in the show, primarily cause of his sexism. Though he's at his best when interacting with other characters, such as the "So are you asexual or?" gag

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
The imperative form of the verb to stop (give it up, stop doing that thing dammit, that kind of thing) in Japanese
Yameru, or Yamero as the imperative conjugation, is different from Tomeru

Yamero is basically “stop what you are doing”
And tomero is “make something else stop”

Also, Tomaru is the intransitive version of Tomeru...

For instance: ZA WA-RUDO, TOKI YO TOMARE

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Actually speaking of Johnny, how do you feel about the Heavy Rain revisit on SGB? Because good lord do I love people making fun of David Cage's writing. Matt DID say a slur but immediately corrected himself and apologized for it and his twitter is mostly about being anti-slur and **** so ehhhh.

Also Greg reacting to all this **** is like Johnny reacting to Huniepop
I haven't been keeping up with SGB recently. It sounds great only because David Cage's writing practically writes the comedy itself. I see Matt is still Matt (a very hit-or-miss comedian), but that's not usually a dealbreaker for me.

Will give it a watch this evening because I liked their original Heavy Rain LP, especially near the end of it. Their revisit for the DLC was also ****ing hilarious because Elliot acted like any normal human being in that situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yameru, or Yamero as the imperative conjugation, is different from Tomeru

Yamero is basically “stop what you are doing”
And tomero is “make something else stop”

Also, Tomaru is the intransitive version of Tomeru...

For instance: ZA WA-RUDO, TOKI YO TOMARE
ok weeaboo duolingo just dont give my loved ones the way of the samurai

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I haven't been keeping up with SGB recently. It sounds great only because David Cage's writing practically writes the comedy itself. I see Matt is still Matt, but that's not usually a dealbreaker for me.

Will give it a watch this evening because I liked their original Heavy Rain LP, especially near the end of it. Their revisit for the DLC was also ****ing hilarious because Elliot acted like any normal human being in that situation.

They're doing 3D World with the usual trio and Sabrina now, that and Cave Story are really damn good and I can't wait for them to get to the finale of the latter next week

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
remember to come back and study your Japanese lessons or you’ll get the fist of the North Star treatment
i got astro boy on speed dial

you cant kill me with anime if i get the king of anime himself

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They're doing 3D World with the usual trio and Sabrina now, that and Cave Story are really damn good and I can't wait for them to get to the finale of the latter next week
**** alright. I've got some catching up to do. See you on the other side.

*Continues with the Banjo-Kazooie LP*

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Retakes? I have yet to watch a single Gundam show so I assume you're developing him considering how he got his *** beat. Gonna be honest here, Wufei very rarely ends up making me enjoy his presence in the show, primarily cause of his sexism. Though he's at his best when interacting with other characters, such as the "So are you asexual or?" gag
Yeah, that's kind of the point of his character. We wrote him as being just as much of an ***hole as he was in the real show, but exaggerated to make getting his *** beat all the more satisfying. We wanted to turn the villain/hero thing on its head by making you want to root for Treize more than Wufei in that fight.

He's meant to kind of represent all the negative sides of internet male culture. He'll have a gradual redemption arc as he comes to depend on others more, particularly Sally, and you'll learn more about his past, but he's still going to be an unlikable ***hole for pretty much the whole show.

His next major episode will be ep.8, so the one after this next one. It'll probably be out in June or July. I'd really like to know what you think of him after that one.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
can't wait for everyone to talk about banjo and steve at E3 and then it's ****ing battletoads

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It looks like the worst kind of padding. Not only are we going through aesthetically the same stages, but I have to learn the patterns of two bosses per stage, which is a turnoff for me when it comes to the series because losing all of my lives at the end is a shortcut to the beginning of the level. Make no mistake, I'm cheesing Doc Robot.
Thankfully it's the only time the extra post-RM stages have felt so pointless. Who knows if they were meant to look more unique when the game got rushed…

can't wait for everyone to talk about banjo and steve at E3 and then it's ****ing battletoads
This guy gets it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, so there’s currently a thread on this site talking about how 3rd parties should be exclusively Nintendo related and that picks like Joker, Cloud, and Snake were terrible.

I can’t be the only person who thinks that’s a bad idea, right?
It basically boils down to the roster not catering to them. I mentioned it before but not knowing Ness or Cap. Falcon during the 64 days didn't prevent me from enjoying using them.
That said, I'm thinking E3's gonna be some real mid this year.

Unless Nintendo pulls some real heat(which they could with Smash, Bayo, Pokemon and DXM). I'm not sure about the others.

- Sony's not gonna be there, and the PS5 ain't coming in 2019. Not even any extra info on Iron Man VR.
- X-Box probably won't have much except Battletoads and Halo Infinite. I hope I'm wrong.
- EA's trash. Always.
- Ubisoft's got Beyond Good and Evil 2, but that game ain't coming out for a while I feel.
- We know 80% of what Square's gonna show off ain't coming till at least 4 years later.
- Bethesda has Doom and nothing else for me personally.
- Maybe we get a DLC character for MK11?
- Still waiting on Metal Wolf Chaos getting its NA re-release.

I hope Capcom and Namco also have some cool ****. But Capcom already had 2 AAA titles this year with DMCV and RE2RE.
-RE3 Remake is rumored from Capcom, we can expect another surprise from them hopefully
-SE is teasing a bit of info on FFVIIR, can imagine stuff being shown
-MS is possibly showing the next Xbox
-Bethesda had some stuff rumored, I remember that an anon in 4chan who leaked details about Fallout 76 mentioned some Space Fallout/Skyrim game called Starfall or something for the like
-Ubisoft most likely will show another of their yearly franchises like Assassins Creed
-Nintendo is quite packed with known info already:
1) Mario Maker 2
2) Astral Chain
3) We're likely to see more of DQXIS
4) More info on A Link's Awakening
5) Animal Crossing first look
6) Luigi's Mansion 3
7) Potential Retro studios game
8) Smash content
9) One or two extra surprises

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, that's kind of the point of his character. We wrote him as being just as much of an ***hole as he was in the real show, but exaggerated to make getting his *** beat all the more satisfying. We wanted to turn the villain/hero thing on its head by making you want to root for Treize more than Wufei in that fight.

He's meant to kind of represent all the negative sides of internet male culture. He'll have a gradual redemption arc as he comes to depend on others more, particularly Sally, and you'll learn more about his past, but he's still going to be an unlikable ***hole for pretty much the whole show.

His next major episode will be ep.8, so the one after this next one. It'll probably be out in June or July. I'd really like to know what you think of him after that one.
I feel intentionally unlikeable characters are tricky to get right when they're one of the good guys but considering how good the rest of the cast has been Wufei's not as bad as he could be. Otherwise you get Subaru from Re:Zero.

Speaking of Re:Zero me and my friends are at episode 15 I think and when does this show start getting good?

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, staindgrey staindgrey , when you open up auditions again for future projects, how can I be notified?
Subscribe to the channel. We'll usually post things publicly on our channel/Twitter/Facebook/etc.

The current project is just secret, which is why I was handing out links to people who asked.

D

Deleted member

End of the new trailer for the Battletoads game and a smash invitation shows up. You can't tell me it wouldn't be hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom