• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'd personally love to see Brave turn out to be a Bravely Default character.
**** edea, i'm calling up my
RIIIINNNNGAAAANNNNNNGGGGGG

*flamenco dances to bravely 3 protagonist hopefully*

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Alright question: who is someone relatively reasonable that everyone’s outright dismissed

Forget about codenames or interbusiness relationships
idk if she's quite E3 material, but I feel like everyone sleeps on lara croft big time, especially now that realistic guns are completely acceptable

edit: looks like I was beaten to the punch

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Out right dismissed? Can't think of many game characters that are, unless you count Assist Trophies.

Lara Croft is rarely mentioned however, despite being of those huge icons on the level of Cloud and Snake.

Arthur from Ghost N' Goblins. For being an NES icon like Simon and Mega Man. But that makes sense since Ryu Hayabusa is a much cooler choice. And so would Firebrand since his games are actually fun.
Let’s say assist trophies count. Just for fun.

Also, personally, I strongly believe it’ll be a western character anyway

D

Deleted member

Wasn't Banjo from uhhh what was her name PolarPanda or something? Because she backed off on that shortly after iirc
True. Polar's source wasn't too confident on what they heard. Should have included Steve as another possibility. Verge is still saying Minecraft content's coming, too.
Alright question: who is someone relatively reasonable that everyone’s outright dismissed

The truth is I don't have a clue. Look at Erdrick. I would never believe anyone who told me Dragon Quest could be in until this leak business.

As for other reasonable candidates? I think we all agree that a Namco or Capcom newcomer is strongly possible given they're already in Smash Bros. Maybe even Konami if the planets align and the sun turns blue at the strike of 6:66 PM.

Fire Emblem representation is also strongly possible because it's practically a flagship series for Nintendo now. As a celebratory promotion for Three Houses, maybe a Three Houses rep.

I think there's a reason discussion hasn't evolved much past Erdrick or Banjo vs Steve. They're no solid leads that can lead us in a good direction and all ground's been covered.

I noticed some people are surging with Resident Evil, but I don't see any reason to believe why it's a strong possibility beyond it being iconic plus it being a Capcom rep. Maybe Travis Touchdown because No More Heroes is revived.

That was actually a really good question. Haven't considered candidates beyond the usual two lately

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
and i reallly dont care who brave is because its probably not what any of us would think
Yeah, I am prepared for this case scenario.

Marco Rossi from Metal Slug? Seeing as there's gonna be a new entry and all...

D

Deleted member

I think Giygas was spoiled on how Carol Danvers and Valkyrie effortlessly defeated Thanos by saying "Gay Rights" and then proceed to make out
Gee, real thanks for spoiling me on that Gwen, and I thought we were friends :/

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True. Polar's source wasn't too confident on what they heard. Should have included Steve as another possibility. Verge is still saying Minecraft content's coming, too.

The truth is I don't have a clue. Look at Erdrick. I would never believe anyone who told me Dragon Quest could be in until this leak business.

As for other reasonable candidates? I think we all agree that a Namco or Capcom newcomer is strongly possible given they're already in Smash Bros. Maybe even Konami if the planets align and the sun turns blue at the strike of 6:66 PM.

Fire Emblem representation is also strongly possible because it's practically a flagship series for Nintendo now. As a celebratory promotion for Three Houses, maybe a Three Houses rep.

I think there's a reason discussion hasn't evolved much past Erdrick or Banjo vs Steve. They're no solid leads that can lead us in a good direction and all ground's been covered.

I noticed some people are surging with Resident Evil, but I don't see any reason to believe why it's a strong possibility beyond it being iconic. Maybe Travis Touchdown because No More Heroes is revived.

That was actually a really good question. Haven't considered candidates beyond the usual two lately
Oh the hype for Resident Evil is because Staindgrey managed to start a bandwagon by ****posting that Jane is Jill

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
also ringabel just looks cool if you know what he's got on him

1556406334586.png
1556406374977.png

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
True. Polar's source wasn't too confident on what they heard. Should have included Steve as another possibility.

I noticed some people are surging with Resident Evil, but I don't see any reason to believe why it's a strong possibility beyond it being iconic. Maybe Travis Touchdown because No More Heroes is revived.

Yeah that’s why I asked. I’m just considering the inevitable situation in which it’s someone that would rock the Internet, yet we haven’t really talked much about

And, forgetting most of the rules and “denied in speculation” characters besides fourth parties and... uh... Xenoblade 2 characters I guess (lmao), could be anyone

Whether or not Brave is Erdrick it we get Banjo, is besides the point- Brave could be revealed later in the timeline despite how early we found the codename, for instance.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I thought shaggy came out of no where and went ultra instinct on Thanos.

The avengers had no other option to save the universe.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I thought shaggy came out of no where and went ultra instinct on Thanos.

The avengers had no other option to save the universe.
What?

Come on, if you're gonna spoil it, be honest. It was Ricardo Milos.

D

Deleted member

Man I just hope that Geno gets in one day maybe not DLC for Ultimate but one day maybe a DLC Season 2 or even Smash 6 I just want him in someday and when that day comes it will be beautiful.

I just want my boy to return.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
i mean its either brave or nothing

and i reallly dont care who brave is because its probably not what any of us would think
I don’t care what order people think the codenames are coming in, for all we know they could release someone else beforehand just because. Lmao, and I’ll die on this hill regardless of how much sass I get for it

I’m talking about the actual character

But I agree that I don’t think Brave is probably anybody we really think about regularly

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh the hype for Resident Evil is because Staindgrey managed to start a bandwagon by ****posting that Jane is Jill
Seems like it. I personally don't care about the series, but I'm sure Staindgrey will be why I care about Jill Valentine or Chris or Leon.

Yeah that’s why I asked. I’m just considering the inevitable situation in which it’s someone that would rock the Internet, yet we haven’t really talked much about

And, forgetting most of the rules and “denied in speculation” characters besides fourth parties and... uh... Xenoblade 2 characters I guess (lmao), could be anyone

Whether or not Brave is Erdrick it we get Banjo, is besides the point- Brave could be revealed later in the timeline despite how early we found the codename, for instance.
I think it goes to show how legendary these surprises are if we could only assume a Microsoft rep out of the five DLC characters, assuming no leaks. It's great. I honestly can't do anything else beyond list options and see what Sakurai ends up choosing after Erdrick and Microsoft.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Man I just hope that Geno gets in one day maybe not DLC for Ultimate but one day maybe a DLC Season 2 or even Smash 6 I just want him in someday and when that day comes it will be beautiful.

I just want my boy to return.
Return from where? His home was from a game that came out 23 years ago.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Which is funny, because all three of those examples can be attributed to Nintendo in some way regardless. Even if one tries to link them exclusively to Sony fame, Sony itself has past ties with Nintendo. By proxy, all things gaming (including Microsoft) lends some history with Nintendo. That OP's argument is a flop on that basis alone. Putting that aside, I hate pedantic bull**** like that.

I think a certain two image boards are great for looking up art of a character you like. The one I'm thinking about, but can't see here has a pretty good quality filter, and there's a SFW version too (though you still might want an account on that one to filter out tags you don't want).

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I genuinely hope for more ballpark announcements from Capcom. They're on a roll so far, and I don't want the detractors to be right about them being on a miraculous fluke with their recent titles. That would also be an opportune moment to announce that Xenosaga Trilogy remaster that was rumored to be a thing (...provided the demand is there...). Sony was a whole lot of nothing in the last few years anyway, so I think Nintendo and Microsoft can potentially carry their presentations all the way through if they have stuff to work with. Here's to hoping!

I would like more stage builder content, like additional backgrounds, a texture pack, QoL options (i.e. eraser tool letting you erase parts instead of whole shapes, a copy/paste mechanic, small pieces NOT taking up a metric-ton of real-estate for whatever reason, etc.). Oh, new gimmicky tools to play with including past ones would be nice. Maybe even a target and platform tool so people can create their own break the targets and board the platform challenges as a bonus.

The only other characters besides Erdrick that I think would have a huge presence in Japan as announcements are Reimu and Artoria, easily. As far as world-wide appeal goes, I think we've reached a point where all the heavy hitters sans deconfirmed characters are already in the roster. Never mind the fact that a lot of casual players who own Smash themselves probably got the game because they saw Mario and Pikachu on the cover, and all the other "weird characters" thrown in. DLC, as obscure as it can possibly get while remaining undiluted fanservice, isn't obligated to try to reach out to all crowds around the world at once.
Worldwide appeal, you still have Resident Evil, as it’s the most profitable Japanese-created series that isn’t in Smash yet, and that’s only the video games.

After that, you have Tekken which is one of the biggest fighting franchises out there, and the Tales series, which is regarded as the third of the “Big 3” JRPGs in Japan behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

I do kinda think Dark Souls is a dark horse candidate, but considering it comes from Namco that would likely take the spot of Heihachi or Lloyd.

I honestly don’t know much about Reimu, and the only reason I know who she is is because of Smash speculation. To my knowledge, she’s an indie character and that in itself kinda lowers the appeal, despite the buzz around her games. I just don’t think it’ll get her in Smash.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Worldwide appeal, you still have Resident Evil, as it’s the most profitable Japanese-created series that isn’t in Smash yet, and that’s only the video games.

After that, you have Tekken which is one of the biggest fighting franchises out there, and the Tales series, which is regarded as the third of the “Big 3” JRPGs in Japan behind Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest.

I do kinda think Dark Souls is a dark horse candidate, but considering it comes from Namco that would likely take the spot of Heihachi or Lloyd.

I honestly don’t know much about Reimu, and the only reason I know who she is is because of Smash speculation.
Wait what the hell Tales is THAT popular? Holy **** no wonder we got a Lloyd costume

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

I mean... all of the 3rd party characters on the "Smashers of Tomorrow" side of my banner (except the last), would be ones that I consider somewhat possible, so just look there.

Outside of that, maybe Monster Hunter, Lara Croft, a RE rep, Sora (depending on how much you stretch the word "reasonable"), and Ryu Hayabusa are the ones that come to mind for me.

D

Deleted member

You're going to get him back as a paid Mii costume like Tails and Knuckles and you'll like it
Oh I know that's why I'm not arguing for him, It's Erdrick rather I like it or not so at least my account wouldn't have to be deleted.
Return from where? His home was from a game that came out 23 years ago.
To Relevancy? People want a ton of characters to be relevant again be it Banjo, Isaac or others and I want Geno to return to relevancy.

I want my boy to be relevant again, I thought that was obvious?

D

Deleted member

I honestly don’t know much about Reimu, and the only reason I know who she is is because of Smash speculation.
Reimu is from Touhou. It's essentially an indie bullet-hell shooter like Galaga but with anime girls or some crud. I hear it's insanely big in Japan

I personally have no interest in it but I enjoy the remixes its community pumps out. Seriously, there's like a dedicated community just to its music alone. That's nuts.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
To Relevancy? People want a ton of characters to be relevant again be it Banjo, Isaac or others and I want Geno to return to relevancy.

I want my boy to be relevant again, I thought that was obvious?
Then he shouldn't be asked to return because he's never left. He should be asked to get revisited.

Like, y'know, the hundreds of other dead characters and IPs Miyamoto forgot existed. cmon man i just want an f-zero game

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Then he shouldn't be asked to return because he's never left. He should be asked to get revisited.

Like, y'know, the hundreds of other dead characters and IPs Miyamoto forgot existed. cmon man i just want an f-zero game
Yeah I guess you're right but you get the point people want him to return/be revisited.

Also a New F-Zero would be pretty cool I would buy it.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

I honestly don’t know much about Reimu, and the only reason I know who she is is because of Smash speculation. To my knowledge, she’s an indie character and that in itself kinda lowers the appeal, despite the buzz around her games. I just don’t think it’ll get her in Smash.
To Reimu's credit, she's mentioned at all because of her significance to the bullet hell genre and how long her series has been running for. To wit, it's one of the oldest (if not the oldest) Indie series in all of gaming, having existed since the 90's Windows era. She's got history under her belt.

Touhou overshadows Shovel Knight, Shantae, and any other Indie that's still classified an Indie in terms of recognition. Sure, it's still Indie and that hurts it a notch (along with other potential issues regarding Touhou in Smash), but Reimu's inclusion shouldn't be underestimated either.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah I guess you're right but you get the point people want him to return/be revisited.

Also a New F-Zero would be pretty cool I would buy it.
definitely do but im the prince of pedantics, i cant help myself

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Also, I guess I’ll just list my actual stances on some of the presented scenarios recently:

Microsoft character: I very much think that it isn’t Steve if there were a MS character to begin with. Maybe Banjo, maybe the Chief. Kinda feel like Miis would get a bunch of costumes that are a selection of Minecraft skins, spartan armor, and some other reference shenanigans at the very least.

Dragon Quest: though I genuinely don’t think that the Erdrick is going to be in, you can’t deny the credibility some of these “insiders” may have sometimes, as well as various other “hints” people dig up from time to time as if this is an ARG being played by a ton of people with confirmation bias issues.

Other Squeenix characters: doubt.jpg , sorry geno my son. Though, I wonder if we do get one if we would get a retro Final Fantasy character. I don’t see the problem considering everyone is currently “expecting” a retro dragon quest character, 6 of one half a dozen of the other as far as I care. The one thing I can think of in favor of the Erdrick over anyone else is the plot of the most recent game. I mean I guess there’s some air of how iconic he is too, but we’ll see

Some other things:
It’s probably a good thing to do to take a step back and look at the speculation environment and discussions and turn them on their head- after all, absolutely none of you can tell me you expected the first fighter pack character would be Joker.

I think one strong candidate is either Phoenix Wright or Professor Layton. Not that they’re inherently related besides the one game, but Wright has been in a fighting game before and has since left that franchise, and Layton is, well, a Swordfighter. Either or, not both

I don’t think we are getting another fighter pass- I do think that we may get another bonus character at some point like Plant. Plant was an early bird bonus, but I wouldn’t put it past them to throw some other first party character in the mix the same kind of way.

more thoughts later but...
I’m thinking the Erdrick, if he’s in, is definitely not going to be shown off in the slightest at E3.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Why is Tom Holland gradually increasing the pitch of his American accent as the MCU progresses?

like dude, stop, it was fine two movies ago, stop trying to sound younger if you're getting older

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Why is Tom Holland gradually increasing the pitch of his American accent as the MCU progresses?

like dude, stop, it was fine two movies ago, stop trying to sound younger if you're getting older
Eh getting dusted might be like youth formula idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom