• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if I reply to messages made pages or something ago fam, gotta beat my sis at Uno

Nevermind I win

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
When some so called "Nintendo Purist" says your series is trash and shouldn't be in Smash but never played the GBA,3DS or Wii-U games. AND you get in anyway.

When you land the Electric.jpg

I want the dream to be real guys.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I don't play Destiny anymore, but damn, I just remembered how ****ing good all of its soundtracks are.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I mean, it is the first Metal Gear game, just not the original version. It was a multi-console game, not sure what you're trying to say here lol
The game wasn't made with the NES in mind. Hell, Kojima said the source code of the original MSX version was used without permission for it. It's a case of lying to artificially strengthen the 'Nintendo' origins
I'll say it again my final predictions who I'm certain are dying.

Black Widow
Captain America
Drax (Possibility temporary where in future film he comes back in a new and more powerful body like his original origin in the comics)
Gamora (Temporary; Will be the focal point for Guardians 3 where an determined Quill is trying to bring her back)
Nebula
Rhodes (If Tony lives)

Otherwise again Tony Stark is 50/50 for me.
I know you haven't seen it but it feels weird seeing someone speculate on a movie that's already been released for a while. America has the movie now too

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I wonder if P5R will let you swap Kasumi and Joker’s costumes
Soooo, like this?
__amamiya_ren_and_yoshizawa_kasumi_persona_5_the_royal_and_etc_drawn_by_yakitatepannomimi__4a6...png
'cuz ngl, Joker outfit goes really well on Kasumi.

EDIT: got :ultgreninja:'ed by Panda, dang it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm certainly glad fans are more accepting of 3rd party characters in Smash now, because during the days leading up to Wii U it was an entirely different story.

Like, Snake was explained away because "He was too violent", and characters like Professor Layton, Shovel Knight, and Shantae were considered big picks. Now, I'm not going to just **** on people's favorite picks. All I would say is that there is a clear difference between all three of those characters, and even somebody like Joker.

Every single pick, Bayonetta included, has drawn in a new audience to Smash regardless of what the history of each respective series has been.

Exactly. Why should it matter when Snake debuted on a Nintendo console when Metal Gear Solid is...Metal Gear Solid, and he provides a fun and unique moveset?

In addition, while I think Doomguy would be probably fun it's certainly not gaming history that keeps him out if you ask me. It's the fact that Doomguy brings with him, most likely a stage that would literally be titled "Hell", because that's where he goes in his games. It might sound ridiculous, maybe, but that's moreso why I could see a potential Bethesda pick explore other options like Skyrim (which also arguably has gaming history) or Fallout. Probably Elder Scrolls though.

Doesn't mean he doesn't have gaming history, nor that he wouldn't be a good pick. I can just see reasoning as to why he wouldn't be in.

That's precisely the point of 3rd parties at this point, so I'm in complete agreement with you.

Basically, do I think it's going to be weird knowing that Smash Ultimate didn't completely cap off the DK series because of the lack of Dixie Kong? Maybe. But I also understand why she wouldn't be picked, because her taking a DLC spot does nothing to expand the audience, and nothing to expand the Smash Universe.

It makes complete sense as to why entirely 3rd party works.
I mean, you can just have a Mars colony but yeah you probably need Satanic imagery for it

D

Deleted member

I can see why people would prefer more nintendo-centric characters, but I think it's too late to stop the third party train now that Joker, Snake and Cloud are in. You can argue they have nintendo hsitory, but let's be real, the gates are open by this point. Imo it's definitely pretty exciting now that almost anyone can be in. Might as well go with it at this point.
The game wasn't made with the NES in mind. Hell, Kojima said the source code of the original MSX version was used without permission for it. It's a case of lying to artificially strengthen the 'Nintendo' origins
It was still released for the NES though, officially, by Konami. Like, I agree Snake doesn't exactly have the strongest ties to Nintendo, but it's a fact that the series got it's start with Nintendo and the MSX brah.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Less then 50 days away from E3? Do you guys truly believe we'll get an DLC reveal before that or a duo DLC reveal at this point? What do you think? I'm thinking the latter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was going through my list of people I had ignored, and I remembered that one dude who was around during Ultimate's speculation period who primarily just complained about how ZSS was completely and utterly ruined because they made her boobs smaller.

Those were dark times.
Can't believe I forgot about that person. Maybe they've moved on...

Alright, so there’s currently a thread on this site talking about how 3rd parties should be exclusively Nintendo related and that picks like Joker, Cloud, and Snake were terrible.

I can’t be the only person who thinks that’s a bad idea, right?
Yeah, there wouldn't be too much in the way of first-parties at the rate things would go under such circumstances. To the point of adding more enemies than :ultpiranha:.

Less then 50 days away from E3? Do you guys truly believe we'll get an DLC reveal before that or a duo DLC reveal at this point? What do you think? I'm thinking the latter.
I'm open to either possibility, though we probably won't get anything next month.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They still have Michael Salvatori so yeah, they're always gonna have good music
Arguably Martin O'Donnell's OST for the original game had more personality, but Salvatori is no one to scoff at.

It just makes me think that much more negatively about Anthem when I fail to remember any music from the game outside of its main theme, but I can hum like fifteen tunes from Destiny from memory.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Btw Noipoi Noipoi , tell me when you be ready to talk about my commi, tho, keep in mind I won't be able to pay until, like, 4 days (I get money every month).

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Episode 72 of Monster now...

EVERYONE IS DEAD!!!

...except Dr. Tenma, and Johan, and Nina, and others lol
But dang it I'm so freaking hooked. The slow pacing in the first half of the show is paying off in spades now.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Maybe 1 character at E3, 2 if we're lucky.

There's also Deamon X Machina, Bayo 3, AC, MUA3, Pokemon 8, and maaaaaaaybe a CG Trailer thing for Metroid(since it wouldn't require the gameplay being shown, and DAMN IT I want something.), Or some kind of re-release of Prime Trilogy.

I'm also hoping the Mega Man Battle Network games will get a re-release one of these days too.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
As an American this comforts me little.
Good to know!

Man, couldn't you have been, I don't know, british or somethin'?
Second commission this month

View attachment 213271

Ya boy's moving up in the world
First of all: that gif is mine, egghead.:ultsonic:

Second of all, since this is a commi involving my character, depending of the price, I have to make sure that we both get a good deal out of this, since you know, money doesn't just pop-up out of nowhere, so I hope we able to have a good time on this.

Last edited:

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
We're definitely not getting another character reveal before E3. I'd like for that to happen, but at this point I highly doubt it.

We're getting at least 1 character at E3. Maybe 2, but for now I'm only predicting 1.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Nintendo is waiting for the P5 concert to release joker
You serious? Jane is gonna be revealed in a Nintendo direct with a Persona 5 Switch teaser.

Goddammit noipoi I was making that joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom