• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
We're getting at least 1 character at E3. Maybe 2, but for now I'm only predicting 1.
tbh i think if we get two characters announced at e3, one will be an echo fighter like octoling to introduce further DLC outside the fighter's pass (sorted next to piranha plant in the site's 'individual dlc' section)

humouring the jane mystery for a while longer, i think it's unlikely that we'd see her for another 5-7 months until just before/after royal's japanese launch, so i think an introductory echo or two in the months before then is a good possibility

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Alright, so there’s currently a thread on this site talking about how 3rd parties should be exclusively Nintendo related and that picks like Joker, Cloud, and Snake were terrible.

I can’t be the only person who thinks that’s a bad idea, right?
It's an incredibly bad idea.

Like, not even people in the Smash Bubble think it's all that great of an idea.

When not even the core fanbase supports your idea you KNOW it's bad.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
AKA Prolonging your continued suffering.
True happiness can only come after you experience slow and agonizing suffering.

That, or you can just experience suffering for the rest of your life if what you want never come.

It's kinda like RNG in a speedrun, ya know?

Noipoi

Howdy!
tbh i think if we get two characters announced at e3, one will be an echo fighter like octoling to introduce further DLC outside the fighter's pass (sorted next to piranha plant in the site's 'individual dlc' section)

humouring the jane mystery for a while longer, i think it's unlikely that we'd see her for another 5-7 months until just before/after royal's japanese launch, so i think an introductory echo or two in the months before then is a good possibility
Eeeeh, I think we could get the next two real characters at E3. For example, let's say it's Erdrick and Banjo.

Erdrick is revealed at E3, details about his moveset are given, and he's set to release very soon after the event. Within the next few days. At the end of the direct, Banjo is teased. No moveset, no release date, just Banjo. Then he releases in September or something.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That said, I'm thinking E3's gonna be some real mid this year.

Unless Nintendo pulls some real heat(which they could with Smash, Bayo, Pokemon and DXM). I'm not sure about the others.

- Sony's not gonna be there, and the PS5 ain't coming in 2019. Not even any extra info on Iron Man VR.
- X-Box probably won't have much except Battletoads and Halo Infinite. I hope I'm wrong.
- EA's trash. Always.
- Ubisoft's got Beyond Good and Evil 2, but that game ain't coming out for a while I feel.
- We know 80% of what Square's gonna show off ain't coming till at least 4 years later.
- Bethesda has Doom and nothing else for me personally.
- Maybe we get a DLC character for MK11?
- Still waiting on Metal Wolf Chaos getting its NA re-release.

I hope Capcom and Namco also have some cool ****. But Capcom already had 2 AAA titles this year with DMCV and RE2RE.

D

Deleted member

If we do get a Microsoft rep in Smash, I find the idea of getting two reveals possible if Erdrick or someone else like Agumon does indeed turn out to be Brave.

And seeing how Microsoft and Nintendo have recently showed a good vibe between each other, the idea of Brave getting revealed at Nintendo’s conference while the Microsoft rep gets shown at the Microsoft one isn’t necessarily so out of place.
I don’t really want to raise my expectations too much, but one of the hundreds of scenarios I have in mind regarding E3 would be some kind of connection between the Microsoft and Nintendo presentations, even more with Sony out.

In the end I can only wait and see, since attaching myself towards any scenario can end with dissapointed in the same way that the rest of the internet did with the Persona concert (thankfully I controlled my expectations and didn’t behave the same way with that one).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Let's take that even further.

Any time Smash has shown up at E3 we've gotten three newcomers.
  • :ultvillager::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer: 2013
  • :ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultpacman: 2014
  • :ultlucas::ultroy::ultryu: 2015
  • :ultinkling::ultdaisy::ultridley: 2018
    • Yes I know Inkling was already "revealed," but they were fully shown off at E3. You could also count the returning Veterans as newcomers to get more than 3
One DLC character (Brave) releasing same day, one DLC character being unveiled, and a bonus DLC echo wouldn't surprise me.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

• Yes I know Inkling was already "revealed," but they were fully shown off at E3. You could also count the returning Veterans as newcomers to get more than 3
One DLC character (Brave) releasing same day, one DLC character being unveiled, and a bonus DLC echo wouldn't surprise me.
Hmph, and here I thought you were beyond putting stock into pattern recognition.
ef6.png

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Three characters at E3, including a bonus echo

shockedman.jpg

Don't do this to me, pony.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

DEE EL SEE ECKOH? Boy I sure hope it'd be Protoman. Or Medusa I guess if Protoman is out the cards.

I do want this Brave business done so we can go back to being surprised again.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Despite that trend, I do think that would probably be a best case scenario for this E3.
Unlike 2015 (the other DLC E3 year), we don't have a character revealed prior to the event (:ultlucas:)

So it's possible, but I'm not counting on it.

Also Quick Quickplay Side Note:
I'm at 4.43 million GSP w/ :ultwolf:. I will get him in Elite Smash today.
You can't stop me Quickplay!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, I was able to find the original artist who made Idon avi on pixiv.

And man, I was not dissapointed by the other stuff I found.:secretkpop:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Alright, so there’s currently a thread on this site talking about how 3rd parties should be exclusively Nintendo related and that picks like Joker, Cloud, and Snake were terrible.

I can’t be the only person who thinks that’s a bad idea, right?
I agree with the sentiment, but that ship has long sailed.

D

Deleted member

The way I see it, 2 dlc characters certainly could happen at E3 but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
On the one hand, there's a precedent for multiple characters being revealed at E3, and Smash is a title with longevity that Nintendo is still gonna want to promote.
On the other hand, it's 2019 and Nintendo is going to want to start shifting focus away from Smash for other big titles, and 2 dlc characters at once might be seen as too much for E3.

D

Deleted member

That said, I'm thinking E3's gonna be some real mid this year.

Unless Nintendo pulls some real heat(which they could with Smash, Bayo, Pokemon and DXM). I'm not sure about the others.

- Sony's not gonna be there, and the PS5 ain't coming in 2019. Not even any extra info on Iron Man VR.
- X-Box probably won't have much except Battletoads and Halo Infinite. I hope I'm wrong.
- EA's trash. Always.
- Ubisoft's got Beyond Good and Evil 2, but that game ain't coming out for a while I feel.
- We know 80% of what Square's gonna show off ain't coming till at least 4 years later.
- Bethesda has Doom and nothing else for me personally.
- Maybe we get a DLC character for MK11?
- Still waiting on Metal Wolf Chaos getting its NA re-release.

I hope Capcom and Namco also have some cool ****. But Capcom already had 2 AAA titles this year with DMCV and RE2RE.
Microsoft actually had a lot to show last year, even if it was all multi-platform, so I'm hopeful. IIRC EA won't be there this year either, and the Kombat Pack for MK11 will probably have already been announced so I'll doubt we'll see anything for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You're grounded
The way I see it, 2 dlc characters certainly could happen at E3 but I wouldn't bet my life on it.
On the one hand, there's a precedent for multiple characters being revealed at E3, and Smash is a title with longevity that Nintendo is still gonna want to promote.
On the other hand, it's 2019 and Nintendo is going to want to start shifting focus away from Smash for other big titles, and 2 dlc characters at once might be seen as too much for E3.
Considering there's actual good games coming out after E3 I wouldn't mind a Joker style teaser this time as there's more to tide us over while we wait.

That being said don't make us wait 4 months to get any information on the characters

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Imo, 2 characters being revealed at e3 is very possible, but not guaranteed.

Even then, I feel like we're most certainly getting a double reveal at some point. Imo, it's likely gonna be during a final presentation in November or December or something like that, kinda like what happened with Smash 4

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
tfw you realise we're not getting a concrete answer on jane's status either way until the royal's promo period has come and gone in october, because cut mid-development or not, there's no way this girl was ever intended to stay as a skin if joker was meant for release in mid-april before the royal was even fully revealed

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
If we get two E3 reveals then we could see a 1st and a 3rd party.
Kick off the event by revealing a Fire Emblem character and drop Edrick/Steve at the end to make the crowd go mild.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Listen, I just want to know if a XB2 is 100% dead or not, because I still remember that bet I made with Gentlepanda Gentlepanda with the 20$ I give him if a XB2 character becoem DLC, and while it's unlikely to happen, it's never good to say that something is 100% gone/dead/etc.. until you have clear evidence it is.
When your best taunt is "I'm really feeling it!" And you wear 2 jackets and shorts I don't think you're cool
Play XB instead of judging a character based off old memes, ya dingus. :v

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Regardless of who is scheduled to go next in terms of DLC releases we’ll hopefully see more content related to:

1) Animal Crossing
2) Mario Maker
3) Luigi’s Mansion
4) Astral Chain
5) Bayo 3
6) Pokemon
7) Smash

If I remember correctly, Lucas wasn’t revealed at E3, but in a Direct after they formally showed Mewtwo. I personally am expecting two picks to be shown, with one immediately being released, and the second being teased for August 2019.

The August pick would load with Update 4.0, which would carry Home Run Contest or Target Smash. They have under a year to release all of the DLC picks that come with Fighter Pass #1, if there even is a 2nd.

If you ask me, Erdrick gets revealed and released because of the hype with DQXI, and he gets a Luminary Alt.

While the second pick wouldn’t be based on a “East vs West” vibe, as I still expect Japanese only characters, something more widespread or recognizable to the world like Resident Evil, or something from Namco.

I personally can’t come up with anything spectacular for the last pick. I feel we’ll get one other surprise pick, as in one that isn’t “legacy” necessarily. But I simply don’t know who it would be if it remains Japanese only as I expect.

Iridium

Smash Hero
Kyo Kusanagi or Iori Yagami show up despite no talk. Or maybe both.

If we get two E3 reveals then we could see a 1st and a 3rd party.
Kick off the event by revealing a Fire Emblem character and drop Edrick/Steve at the end to make the crowd go mild.
Not bad, though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom