• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
How do you know WE aren't the ones ****posting and THEY'RE not the ones with the well-thought-out discussions?
look, i may be an average dude trying to look dumb and silly

but these are dumb and silly dudes trying to look average

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Garchomp is equal parts dragon and shark.
Tell me that isn't the hypest **** of all time.
779.gif

FEAR HIM.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
How do you know WE aren't the ones ****posting and THEY'RE not the ones with the well-thought-out discussions?

He's trying to make conversation with Pokémon fans and giving his opinion.

You never give your opinion to Pokémon fans, that's Just common sense!
Rule 1 of the internet

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Ooooooooooohhhhhhh
People actually practice!
That's why people can draw and I can't!

That explains so much

Noipoi

Howdy!
Same. An hour ago I put down my pro controller and decided to practice proportion again and I’m too caught up on muscular accuracy that my momentum went out the window since I have no experience studying that stuff lol
I just had the raddest idea for a comic too

Guess i'll get around to it when i decide to stop being a bum

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Trying to draw but the motivation just isn't there right now

View attachment 213071
Hey, that's me from yesterday!...somewhat, like I had the motivation of finally starting to make a sprite for one my OC, but after doing the shape of the head & some part of the upper body, my motivation just....went away like the wind.

So, you know, I hope it come back to me today, hopefully.:ultrob:

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
*sigh*

My mother thinks I don't love her is mulling over sending me to a group home for mentally handicapped people because I'm upset she RSVP'd me without asking my permission first to a wedding of someone who's probably a second cousin or something that I've seen like three times in my life and never talked to any of said times, surrounded by her emotionally distant family the vast majority of I have had an equal or lesser amount of contact with, and sugarcoated by staying at a hotel and then visiting a zoo I've been to several times in the past. . .before immediately driving to go visit the OTHER side of my family for Father's Day, which I in turn object to because the wedding alone would emotionally tax me hard enough that I'd immediately just want to crawl home. And she didn't even want to go to the wedding in the first place until she got the idea to take me along and "make a vacation of it."

Her argument is that it would be embarrassing if I didn't come and that she just wants me to spend some time with her instead of being isolated all the time, the former of which I highly doubt since again I hardly know anyone there and none of the people I do know actually care to visit me on their own initiative unless stopping by where I live is a "side trip" while they're doing something they deem more important, and the latter of which I understand and empathize with but really, really doesn't erase all the various concerns I have with this situation. When I brought up that she should explain to people that the reason I backed out was because she RSVP'd her (adult age) daughter without asking, she reacted horrified and said that would be embarrassing. But she literally cannot comprehend how I could possibly be embarrassed at that fact in the privacy of home because apparently the fact that I have some very not adult circumstances going on somehow forfeits my ability to be upset at not being treated like an adult.

She argued with me for like an hour and then went to bed upset and disappointed in me while blaming me for the lack of sleep she's going to get for some church women's group thing she's going to tomorrow morning.

I. . .am I wrong here? I know she wants to spend time with me and I tend to back out of things a whole lot, but part of my problem is that what constitutes "spending time" for her and for me are completely different. I feel like watching TV together is just two people off in their own bubble that just happen to be next to each other, that card games make my presence feel super incidental and you could swap me out with literally anyone because it's half random anyway, and I especially especially don't feel involved with the weddings of distant relatives because it's two hours of sitting around quietly while people you don't know profess their love that has a 50/50 shot of not crashing and burning followed by three hours of sitting at long tables with tablecloths alongside people you don't know while they have conversations about their personal lives you can't possibly contribute to.

I want to have long conversations with her, but they always end in some kind of argument or disagreement (incidentally this situation came up not long after a long conversation itself, which itself had some minor disagreements and comments about how I'm a terrible person for being too stubborn and mean about how librul I am), I want to have outings that DON'T have the baggage of entirely revolving around either people other than us that we mostly don't even know or just going out to buy necessities, I want to play multiplayer video games with her but it hurts her eyes and she doesn't particularly care beside desperately trying to spend time with me anyway, which again I understand and legitimately feel bad about but it's just

Sometimes I just feel alone when I'm in the same room as a person and it just feels easier to not be.
Aight first and foremost:

tenor.gif

You're getting an internet hug, because it sounds like you're releasing the valve on a fair bit of pressure here, especially with the details in the latter paragraphs, and it's the second most comforting thing I have on offer after validation. You can pick up the delivery at any pillow large enough for your tastes.

Second, at minimum, your feelings on this are valid. If someone signed me up for something without talking it over with me first, and I didn't want to go, that'd be enough reason to be pissed. But I've seen the emotional draining bit firsthand (happened to Danielle all the time, happens to me infrequently) and I know that **** gets compounded all to hell when you just don't wanna be there in the first place.

I feel like your mother does ultimately mean well in this scenario - wanting to spend time with you seems to be the more genuine motivation, since like you said she didn't have much interest in it either until there was a bonding opportunity involved - but you're right that this doesn't give her carte blanche to go RSVPing you for **** without your say.

My first instinct is that she might be aware of this on some level and trying to justify it to save face - backing out of a wedding RSVP is a pretty sharp slap to the couple, whatever the reason, which IMO means you shouldn't RSVP on a whim to begin with, but we're a bit late for that. I don't know your mother well enough to make assumptions, but she might be downright mortified at the thought of backing out and the thought of hurting the couple's feelings might be a major motivating factor in her stubbornness on the point. Doesn't suggest a solution per se, just an outlook on the problem. And all speculation with incomplete information; please correct me if I'm wrong on the lot of it.

At this point you're getting this an hour and a half after the fact and it took me a half hour to type up, so I'll just ship it before you drop off for sleep. But if you need someone to talk to about this kinda thing, get at me on Discord. I been through it more than a few times and more than a few ways (even with weddings no less - and imagine me in a suit). If I can ease your mind I'd be happy to.

As for the rest of you:
Get at y'all in a bit, tag me if you miss me.
1556350751021.png

millie_s_unamused_face_by_makerboy10-d8utqc0.png

I see how it is.

/s

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
First we gets the caffeines.

Then we gets the discussions

See that's how this **** works.

Because I've read my own ****.

By soul do you mean money?
If he had money he wouldn't be offering you his soul.

Also there's Steam trading cards more valuable than his soul. 's worth, like, $0.04 on the open market. I checked.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I finally updated by banner to be a mix of the top 12 characters I'm currently playing along w/ the top 12 characters I want through DLC.

This DLC section is ignoring all DLC speculation and is purely the characters (or series), I'd like to see get into Smash. I did exclude Assist Trophies though.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
hey Idon Idon

how long's it been since the next SMT was announced?
It's been since January 2017 since SMT V was announced at the Nintendo Switch Presentation (the same one that revealed Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey) if I recall correctly.

You know it's bad when I, of all people, actually remember this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom