• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
hey Idon Idon

how long's it been since the next SMT was announced?
Eh give or take... 830 days?
Etrian Odyssey is lookin' pretty tempting right about now...

It's been since January 2017 since SMT V was announced at the Nintendo Switch Presentation (the same one that revealed Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey) if I recall correctly.

You know it's bad when I, of all people, actually remember this.
**** that feels like an eternity ago.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
It's been since January 2017 since SMT V was announced at the Nintendo Switch Presentation (the same one that revealed Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2 and Mario Odyssey) if I recall correctly.

You know it's bad when I, of all people, actually remember this.
Eh give or take... 830 days?
Etrian Odyssey is lookin' pretty tempting right about now...
That would be funny, if it weren't so sad.

potatoglados__47143.1481220122.jpg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well you know how he makes unsolicited compliments without context?

The opposite of that

*repeats answer above*
Oh, I get it!
meedf.gif

I got everything now, thanks fella, now I quit this topic before it's too late.

D

Deleted member

Since I dunno if I missed P5 Scramble roster talk, I'll just give my take. I'll take into consideration a range of around 16 characters.

Cast obviously is going to be major part P5 + OCs. There was an OC revealed already so starting roster would include at least:
-Ren/Joker
-Morgana
-Ryuji/Skull
-Ann/Panther
-Yusuke/Fox
-Makoto/Queen
-Haru/Noir
-Akechi/Crow
-OC Character in the video

Given how P4 arena managed Rise and Warriors titles taking liberties, we would most likely have the possibility of Futaba/Oracle either in the starting roster or as DLC. Same with Kasumi, depends if the game is based initially on vanilla P5 or the Royal.

Villain-wise I would think that they will do what they did in Arena in creating shadow versions of the characters, still given other games like HW, PQ and P4AU that there is a high chance that we would have a OC villain. Unless the OC in the trailer is the villain, I would imagine that we will have another OC villain for the game.

More or less this leaves us around 12 characters, which I would think its possible if they go with the HW approach and give Joker, the OCs and Goro multiple personas to use and vary their moveset.

If they go with other Warrior games approaches, we would have 16 characters and we would have extra characters from P5 like Caroline&Justine/Lavenza or guest characters from other Persona titles (let's be realistic, only from P3 and P4). In which case I would think Aigis would take priority for P3 and Yu for P4. They would be followed by Mitsuru and Akihiko from P3, Teddie and Yusuke/Chie (dunno honestly who would make a good choice here it can change a lot) from P4.

Worst scenario is if they go with FotNS:Ken's Rage route where there was only 10 characters, I dunno much about this one but there could be a reason as to why so few but it seems like an exception.

Most confusing aspect is if Tecmo-Koei decides to add separate versions of characters like Black Mask and Lavenza (or the twins depending if another one gets in), but still I would imagine we would be getting at least 4~6 DLC characters. Which they could more easily use for guests in case they don't appear in the base game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Since I dunno if I missed P5 Scramble roster talk, I'll just give my take. I'll take into consideration a range of around 16 characters.

Cast obviously is going to be major part P5 + OCs. There was an OC revealed already so starting roster would include at least:
-Ren/Joker
-Morgana
-Ryuji/Skull
-Ann/Panther
-Yusuke/Fox
-Makoto/Queen
-Haru/Noir
-Akechi/Crow
-OC Character in the video

Given how P4 arena managed rise and Warriors titles take liberties, we would most likely have the possibility of Futaba/Oracle either in the starting roster or as DLC. Same with Kasumi, depends if the game is based initially on vanilla P5 or the Royal.

Villain-wise I would think that they will do what they did in Arena in creating shadow versions of the characters, still given other games like HW, PQ and P4AU that there is a high chance that we would have a OC villain. Unless the OC in the trailer is the villain, I would imagine that we will have another OC villain for the game.

More or less this leaves us around 12 characters, which I would think its possible if they go with the HW approach and give Joker, the OCs and Goro multiple personas to use and vary their moveset.

If they go with other Warrior games approaches, we would have 16 characters and we would have extra characters from P5 like Caroline&Justine/Lavenza or guest characters from other Persona titles (let's be realistic, only from P3 and P4). In which case I would think Aigis would take priority for P3 and Yu for P4. They would be followed by Mitsuru and Akihiko from P3, Teddie and Yusuke/Chie (dunno honestly who would make a good choice here it can change a lot) from P4.

Worst scenario is if they go with FotNS:Ken's Rage route where there was only 10 characters, I dunno much about this one but there could be a reason as to why so few but it seems like an exception.

Most confusing aspect is if Tecmo-Koei decides to add separate versions of characters like Black Mask and Lavenza (or the twins depending if another one gets in), but still I would imagine we would be getting at least 4~6 DLC characters. Which they could more easily use for guests in case they don't appear in the base game.
i'd say Kasumi is pretty likely based on P4 spinoff precedent, at least as DLC - Marie managed to squeeze her way into PQ/2, as well as Ultimax + Dancing as DLC (and this was when she wasn't a central focus of the reworked story like Kasumi seems to be)

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Whenever a small account begins to spam posts on this forum, just remember.

@faygoshill died for this.
*see that both of you have the same avi*

Hmmm, tehpony, are you faygo from a alternate timeline or somethin'?
a emote.png

I mean, they also got banned, so... -_-
Wow, that was fast.

Don't mess with the devil mods.

Speaking of devil, hey Idon Idon , do you think it's possible that you can share your avi with me?:ultcharizard:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Moydow: "Good, good..."

:foe!:
He dare strike me in my moment of weakness?
Nay, NAY I SAY.
I MUST RESIST.
20190426_175410.jpg
Behold, the yearly "We're working on it" interview answer. Finally an answer from the GODS.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Every time a low quality ****poster gets Bandai, they get sent to the Soul Stone with Faygo.

Faygoshill: "On how many layers of ****posting are you?"
Random Memer: "I don't know, maybe copypasting a reddit link or two"
Faygoshill: "You are a little baby, watch this:...
images.png

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Why does Demi-Fiend have boobs? I assume it's them at least with the Tattoos and hairstyle and all it reminds me of them.
Because the artist willed it to be so, and so his will was done, and the Fiend was Boobed.

And also a bunny girl, because the artist was like, double degenerate.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I honestly like Z-Moves more than I like Megas.

Z-Moves are a one-time super nuke which, I dunno, I've always felt like it feels like a natural progression in a game where you have moves that have critical hits.

Megas though are just.... bleh. There are so many Pokemon who didn't need theme that only got them because they were popular, and soo many popular Pokemon that didn't get them at all. I hate saying it but Megas really are the closest to Digimon that Pokemon's ever become.

If they were more balanced but, usually it's just "SLAP 100 EXTRA BST ON EM AND PUT EM IN THEIR BEST STATS"
Agreed for the most part. Z-Moves get a lot of flack, but in terms of execution and what it set out to do it did its job better then Mega Evolution did. It allowed every single Pokemon access to the moves so any Pokemon could be used with the right set-up and there wasn't as much restriction to it. Additionally, since every Pokémon had access to all except a handful the moves were in general more balanced as you didn't have any that truly centralized the metagame around them, and even the special ones didn't break the game in half. Finally, in terms of implementation into the games it was fleshed out better with a clear origin (their power originates from the portals), integration into the plot (The Z-Ring, Z-Power, and the gems all of that plays into the character's journey), and there's easier access to them for the player as most are made available as you play through the main story. There was a more consistent integration of the concept into the game and its gameplay, and it allowed it to fit into both without it feeling haphazard.

For the reasons you said, I can't say the same with Megas. As you said, a number of Pokemon that could've used it for the power boost/updates to their designs were ignored for popular favorites, and in terms of gameplay there were clear balancing issues as some had abilites and stats that were metagame centralizing (Salamence) while others were very undertuned and couldn't even carve a niche (Audino). The execution made the good concept behind Megas fall short of the potential it had, and it could've used another go through the ironing process to even out the power creep of the forms while also better distributing them across a better variety of options.

D

Deleted member

Because...

Because why not?
Isn't Demi-Fiend a Dude? I guess people can draw whatever they want but I don't get it.
Because the artist willed it to be so, and so his will was done, and the Fiend was Boobed.

Again isn't Demi-Fiend a dude?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
WAIT WHEN DID FAYGO GET BANNED?

WHEN DID IDON GET MORE LIKES THAN ME?!

WHAT YEAR IS IT?! WHO'S THE PRESIDENT?!
You got some season to catch up shrooby boy. :V

Artist be like:
reality can be what I want.png

"It's a boy? **** it, my pencil will be the judge."

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
52a2c.jpg

Like, ****, I know I've been busy the last couple days but it feels like I missed an entire season of my favorite show.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Isn't Demi-Fiend a Dude? I guess people can draw whatever they want but I don't get it.

1. Artist wants to sexualize a character
  2. They aren't attracted to said character's gender and/or don't want to admit they do
  3. Change said character's gender to the one they are attracted to
  4. ???
  5. Profit

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh I got one. The sun will rise tomorrow.

What? We're not stating the obvious here?
See what I was going for are "harsh truths that would wound the other person's spirit."

Which you've inadvertently stumbled upon regardless because I've worked so much third shift for so long that the light, it burrrns us.

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven

You're a cool guy, really cool.
avi_frozen.png

I mean I do need to turn the heat on.

I have no strong opinions one way or the other.

In my professional opinion, you are a user on Smashboards :yoshi:
And I honestly respect these.

You're both alright in my book.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
To those that have seen my work
Am I degenerate enough? :089:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
WAIT WHEN DID FAYGO GET BANNED?

WHEN DID IDON GET MORE LIKES THAN ME?!

WHAT YEAR IS IT?! WHO'S THE PRESIDENT?!
Around a week ago,
Not like I was counting or anything.

Shoto, have I got a world to show you of artists drawing male characters as females.
r63.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
See what I was going for are "harsh truths that would wound the other person's spirit."

Which you've inadvertently stumbled upon regardless because I've worked so much third shift for so long that the light, it burrrns us.

View attachment 213088

I mean I do need to turn the heat on.

And I honestly respect these.

You're both alright in my book.
nevermind you're hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom