• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That makes a lot of sense to me. Although it could be Erdrick and Banjo is him being in Smash is linked to the partnering of Nintendo and Microsoft. If they announce that at E3 then Banjo would be a prime candidate for reveal.
I'm guessing Erdrick and a Tales character for E3. They're the last two major 3rd party JRPG(reasonable to get wise) series not to have a character yet. A three way tie between Velvet, Yuri, and Lloyd. And those 3's game anniversaries is in August which would be around the estimated time the 3rd DLC character would be released.
Those two would be fine, actually. but I am hoping the predictions and perhaps rumors of Banjo and Kazooie being in turn out true, personally speaking.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
You were temporarily blindsided by the new shiny Batman
Technically the nostalgic, JLU Batman
Simillar to that Batman and Harley film being made like R rated BTAS
They toned down the bad tasting jokes though

D

Deleted member

Here, Will Will

hmmmm

should i buy a final fantasy from the e-shop
Absolutely, and if I were to choose out of the four releases from the eShop, Final Fantasy IX and XII THE ZODIAC AGE seems to be the go-tos. X/X-2 HD Remaster are two games in one, but at the same time, y'know, pacing and all that.

And FFVII is great, but with how many people played that game and such, I think more attention should go over to FFIX, as honestly, it's the best Final Fantasy. The music and writing, I feel, are FF's ****ing peak.

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Speaking of Morgana, what is with that cat? As in can anyone tell me more about that character?

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
To think this turns into this
View attachment 213008
Seriously! Why is he hot! He’s so hot that it’s effecting ME. And I, well, you know. The only other man to do that to me is Jason Mamoa.
Jason Mamoa for Smash!
No not Aquaman, just Jason.
He has no moveset--he just stands there looking awesome and you're character is too star struck to act.

D

Deleted member

I know that this is close to extremely-close endgame spoilers, but man. Final Fantasy IX really did that, when you reached Pandemonium. If y'all want a hot take, here's a good one.

Castle Frozen in Time is more impactful as a organ-heavy piece than Ocarina of Time's "Inside Ganon's Castle".

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Speaking of Morgana, what is with that cat? As in can anyone tell me more about that character?
He's your guide character, a party member, and the mascot.

Any further explanation would only raise further questions.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
hmmmm

should i buy a final fantasy from the e-shop
Go for it. I hadn't played much of Final Fantasy 7, or any of Final Fantasy 9, prior to their eShop releases, but I found them easy to get into. (haven't played FF10 or 12; they're a bit pricier) The graphics might not have held up well for some, but the characters and story are top notch in both of those games. (at least, from what I've seen so far) As for which one I'd recommend, I guess it depends on if you're in the mood for something serious (FF7) or silly (FF9) - the games aren't entirely one or the other (FF7 has its fair share of silly moments, and while I'm not far into FF9, it seems like it could get serious), but they lean more heavily towards one end of that scale.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He's your guide character, a party member, and the mascot.

Any further explanation would only raise further questions.
You, sir, are no help. *blasts him with a cannon*

Oh, I should have told him that was enough information for me.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That's so cool! I was thinking of making some cards for all the users here, but I guarantee nobody would be interested in that one bit! I've always dabbled in Yu-Gi-Oh card design, but I haven't really made many cards yet! Here are the ones I've actually made, if you're interested!

R-Genex Recycling Plant

Field Spell

During your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon 1 “Genex” monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. You can only gain this effect of "R-Genex Recycling Plant" once per turn. If this card in the Field Zone is destroyed by a card effect: You can add 1 “R-Genex” card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "R-Genex Factory" per turn, and only once that turn.

● You can reveal 1 “Genex” monster from your hand; shuffle it into the Deck, and if you do, add 1 “Genex” monster from your Deck to your hand that is 1 Level higher or lower than the revealed monster.

● If a “Genex” monster is added from your Deck to your hand: You can reveal that monster: Special Summon it.

Genex Mechanic

Machine/EARTH/Level 3/ATK 1600/DEF 0

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower “Genex” monster from your hand. During your Main Phase, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: You can banish this card from your GY, then target 1 Level 5 or lower "Genex" monster in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position. You can only use 1 "Genex Mechanic” effect per turn, and only once that turn.

R-Genex Elemental Controller

Machine/LIGHT/Level 5/ATK 2000/DEF 2000

You can Special Summon this card by discarding 1 "Genex" monster from your hand. While face-up on the field, this card is also DARK, EARTH, WATER, FIRE, and WIND-Attribute. Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 monster on the field and declare a Level; its Level becomes the declared Level until the end of the turn. A "Genex" Synchro Monster that was Summoned using this card as Synchro Material gains this effect:

• This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.
Nice. I've worked on a small bit of support, like Machine King's Assembly Line, and other kinds of archtypes.

There's "Of Quests" archtype, based upon Quest 64. I'm still working out many factors, like I'm probably going to have two versions of the main bosses, as they have Link variations as well. The 4 super monsters at the end of the game were originally fusions, but that might change. Main thing is having either specific materials or mostly specific materials in return for a floodgate ability and immense stats as well. Mammon - Boss of Quests is a 2300/0 monster that makes it so monster destruction doesn't work. Might change his stats, but I also intend to work him into a cycling card set with The Eletale Book - Item of Quests, and Shannon Stork(not sure what Of Quests she'll be yet. There's some factors that change her status due to... spoilers. Probably will be Hero of Quests, but unsure yet). Basically, Mammon summons Shannon(or adds her to the hand, not sure yet), Shannon fetches Eletale Book, and Eletale Book allows you to reveal 1 Fusion Monster and then get materials for it. Not sure if all materials yet, but I could imagine the downside is that you couldn't special summon for the rest of the turn, or in general that turn. Things like Super Polymerization do exist, but that's meaningless if you can't summon the monsters. I might have a summoning material option, where you can reveal 1 fusion monster, than normal summon all monsters listed on it, but then your turn ends or something.

The designations are "Hero of Quests", "Monster of Quests", Legendary Monster of Quests", "Boss of Quests", "Item of Quests", "Spell of Quests", and "Location of Quests". Item and Spell actually are rather specific to what attribute you control. Location are obviously field spells, but more are similar to old stuff like Umi, except at least one of them powers up Machine types(which the fact Pyro and Machine don't have a generic power-up field spell is dumbbbbbb).

There's also standalone abilities, like Wyvern and Red Wyvern, who both have a similar ability. They're 2000 and 3000 for attack and defense, but lose 400 in each stat for every monster on your side of the field. Red Wyvern also has an upgrade, called Phoenix Mode, which is basically an infinite reviver of some sort. The only confirmed Xyz so far is Dragon - Legendary Monster of Quests. He can be summoned by using any Dragons on the field as an Xyz material, but also can be summoned by using certain materials you control(Dragon, Sea Serpent, Dinosaur, Reptile) and is a Wyrm himself. He gains strong stats and decent abilities if summoned with up to technically 12 materials, but if you summon it with the actual 4 types, he becomes significantly stronger as is. I forget his actual Rank. Might've been 8 or something? He's more or less the ultimate Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, though at most it hurts Blue-Eyes. :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Jason Mamoa for Smash!
No not Aquaman, just Jason.
He has no moveset--he just stands there looking awesome and you're character is too star struck to act.
His B move is him drinking beer and his side B is him tossing and ax perfectly.

D

Deleted member

Nice. I've worked on a small bit of support, like Machine King's Assembly Line, and other kinds of archtypes.

There's "Of Quests" archtype, based upon Quest 64. I'm still working out many factors, like I'm probably going to have two versions of the main bosses, as they have Link variations as well. The 4 super monsters at the end of the game were originally fusions, but that might change. Main thing is having either specific materials or mostly specific materials in return for a floodgate ability and immense stats as well. Mammon - Boss of Quests is a 2300/0 monster that makes it so monster destruction doesn't work. Might change his stats, but I also intend to work him into a cycling card set with The Eletale Book - Item of Quests, and Shannon Stork(not sure what Of Quests she'll be yet. There's some factors that change her status due to... spoilers. Probably will be Hero of Quests, but unsure yet). Basically, Mammon summons Shannon(or adds her to the hand, not sure yet), Shannon fetches Eletale Book, and Eletale Book allows you to reveal 1 Fusion Monster and then get materials for it. Not sure if all materials yet, but I could imagine the downside is that you couldn't special summon for the rest of the turn, or in general that turn. Things like Super Polymerization do exist, but that's meaningless if you can't summon the monsters. I might have a summoning material option, where you can reveal 1 fusion monster, than normal summon all monsters listed on it, but then your turn ends or something.

The designations are "Hero of Quests", "Monster of Quests", Legendary Monster of Quests", "Boss of Quests", "Item of Quests", "Spell of Quests", and "Location of Quests". Item and Spell actually are rather specific to what attribute you control. Location are obviously field spells, but more are similar to old stuff like Umi, except at least one of them powers up Machine types(which the fact Pyro and Machine don't have a generic power-up field spell is dumbbbbbb).

There's also standalone abilities, like Wyvern and Red Wyvern, who both have a similar ability. They're 2000 and 3000 for attack and defense, but lose 400 in each stat for every monster on your side of the field. Red Wyvern also has an upgrade, called Phoenix Mode, which is basically an infinite reviver of some sort. The only confirmed Xyz so far is Dragon - Legendary Monster of Quests. He can be summoned by using any Dragons on the field as an Xyz material, but also can be summoned by using certain materials you control(Dragon, Sea Serpent, Dinosaur, Reptile) and is a Wyrm himself. He gains strong stats and decent abilities if summoned with up to technically 12 materials, but if you summon it with the actual 4 types, he becomes significantly stronger as is. I forget his actual Rank. Might've been 8 or something? He's more or less the ultimate Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, though at most it hurts Blue-Eyes. :p
Do you have a way to send me the text of all of your cards?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
speaking of final fantasy vii, what the **** is going on with that remake?

are they doing a metroid prime 4 fiasco with it? are they pushing back release so it becomes a PS5 launch title like BOTW was for the Switch?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

are they doing a metroid prime 4 fiasco with it? are they pushing back release so it becomes a PS5 launch title like BOTW was for the Switch?
Now that KH3 is done, they're actually working on it now instead of just waiting for Nomura to come home.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Now that KH3 is done, they're actually working on it now instead of just waiting for Nomura to come home.
wasn't square supposed to be working on an avengers project too?

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'm already 2/3rds done with Monster, and dang this is a good anime. The plot pacing was slow for a while, but things have been really heating up these past few episodes.

D

Deleted member

Here's the short answer:

Tetsuya Nomura.

Now, here's the long answer:

Tetsuya Nomura.

D

Deleted member

It's just Nomura, they let the project become a nightmare due to the plan of dividing it in 3 big installments from what I understood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom