• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That name sounds...Terrible, Was it going to have Banjo? He's an animal and he's made by Rare.

Honestly when Metroid Prime 4 was remade from scratch it reminded me a bit about what happened with EB64 it seemed like things were going good until they had trouble developing the game and had to remake it, Of course Mother 3/EB64 had to be completely redone and moved to a new console. At first they were going to move EB64 to Gamecube but then they later decided on the Gameboy Advance for better or for worse.

I saw that someone was trying to remake EB64 but of course it got nowhere probably cause of what you said, I would've been interested in seeing how the Mother games would translate into 3D and how their RPG Elements would transfer over.

One of my pipe dreams is that if Mother 3 ever made it over to America instead of simply translating it they would remake Earthbound 64 and release it worldwide, It's never going to happen though.
Yup. If i remember correctly it was to have Banjo, Conker, Sabrewulf, Rash, Joana Dark, Vela, Sabre Man, and the Xbox live Avatar. But the game never evolved beyond concept art.

Regardless, I still think a Rare themed Kart Racer would be ****ing amazing.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Yup. If i remember correctly it was to have Banjo, Conker, Sabrewulf, Rash, Joana Dark, Vela, Sabre Man, and the Xbox live Avatar. But the game never evolved beyond concept art.

RIP to all those Xbox avatars that will never wake up

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
In other news, I read this from a recent article about Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

...I really hope this doesn't imply you can **** your student.

C'mon, Intelligent. This is the first FE game I'm actually interested in, aside from the god awful main theme. You're SO close to victory and stamping out the **** I don't like in recent FE games.

View attachment 212994
like it ot not, FE has this now so I guess you just skip over it if you dont like it

D

Deleted member

There was also Donkey Kong Racing that was scrapped for the Gamecube which if I recall correctly it was going to be made by Rare.

I wonder if they were going to put Banjo in that too or if they were going to be limited to Diddy Kong Racing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I remember that there was a game they made called Sabrewulf way back then. The same-named character is in Killer Instinct. I don't know if the KI one is literally the same character(design changes aside) or just named after the previous game.

Which one was in the racer? My guess is the furry man himself from KI?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

When you copy Nintendo so poorly that you have cold feet on doing a kart racer.

If only Spencer was at Microsoft sooner...

I remember that there was a game they made called Sabrewulf way back then. The same-named character is in Killer Instinct. I don't know if the KI one is literally the same character(design changes aside) or just named after the previous game.
Latter, I believe.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean "bond" was a term they like to use even before the 3DS era. Ike's Theme is even called Eternal Bond.

...I still wouldn't put it past them to shoehorn in marriage and children into the game again. A student and teacher is far from the most horrendous thing they've down.
Yeah, I dunno man, we ARE talking about the same people who thought - and say it with me everyone - GAY CONVERSION THERAPY was A-OK in the original release of Fates: Conquest.

Did you really expect it any different given the pairing system?
Well looking at Three Houses, it looks like it's taking some risks here and there and skimming away from what "Modern Fire Emblem" was, so at the LEAST, if there was a pairing system, I'd rather it be with teacher-teacher, instead of, y'know, teacher-student.

I hope it does.
Idon, buddy.

I mean I know you're joking, but the still...

...uh huh.png

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Which one was in the racer? My guess is the furry man himself from KI?
They actually both were. The Killer Instinct Character is Sabrewulf and the man is Sabre Man. And no. The KI character is not the same guy.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Does anyone have any specific scrapped game that they're really interested in? Cause I have a strange fascination with Earthbound 64 it's really interesting to see what the characters would've looked like and I would love to somehow get my hands on the game one day. I'm also interested in what Porky would've looked like and how the story would've been darker.

Would Nintendo even have a copy of EB64? It's been scrapped for a long while now, Either way I'm interested in EB64 for whatever reason. Does anyone else have a scrapped game that they're interested in?
I've always been intrigued with Nintendo's failed Harry Potter pitch.

In case you weren't aware, back in the late 90's when the book series just hit big, Nintendo of America was working on a pitch for a potential Harry Potter game in order to possibly secure the franchise rights. However, in the end, the rights went to Warner Bros, as J.K. Rowling preferred the aspect of a film franchise rather than a video game one. Once the video game rights went up for sale, they tried again, however EA was ultimately chosen as unlike Nintendo and the other bidder Microsoft, they would make the games multi platform.

This probably would've been a huge game changer. And I highly recommend checking out this video on the subject.

Just imagine in an alternate universe, we'd probably already have Harry Potter in Smash.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Idon, buddy.

I mean I know you're joking, but the still...
Oh I'm not.

I want to see how many fans are willing to put up with this level of degeneracy before they finally do something and IS gets a hint.
They were fine with Fates, they were fine with TMS#FE, they were fine with FEH, and I think they're going to be fine with 3H.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone have any specific scrapped game that they're really interested in? Cause I have a strange fascination with Earthbound 64 it's really interesting to see what the characters would've looked like and I would love to somehow get my hands on the game one day. I'm also interested in what Porky would've looked like and how the story would've been darker.

Would Nintendo even have a copy of EB64? It's been scrapped for a long while now, Either way I'm interested in EB64 for whatever reason. Does anyone else have a scrapped game that they're interested in?
There's this little known scrapped Capcom game, it's called Legends 3, looked pretty neat.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

In case you weren't awar,e back in the late 90's when the book series just hit big, Nintendo of America was working on a pitch for a potential Harry Potter game in order to possibly secure the franchise rights. However, in the end, the rights went to Warner Bros, as J.K. Rowling preferred the aspect of a film franchise rather than a video game one. Once the video game rights went up for sale, they tried again, however EA was ultimately chosen as unlike Nintendo and the other bidder Microsoft, they would make the games multi platform.

This probably would've been a huge game changer. And I highly recommend checking out this video on the subject.

Just imagine in an alternate universe, we'd probably already have Harry Potter in Smash.
And James Bond.

Man, that would have been amazing.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

Remember Scalebound?

I wished I didn't. That game looked too good to be scrapped too late.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Antony Del Rio (the best Pit and Blue Beetle) is a very funny guy on YouTube (though everything he does can easily be applied to Pit)
So with Nintendo e3 soon

Who do you guys expect to get revealed.

For me it’s banjo and erdrick
Something Kid Icarus related...Imma never stop until I get it right (no matter how long it takes)
So this is what I'm pickin' up from Persona 5
Kamoshida wants to **** a minor.
Weird but ok.
there will be some more who wanna **** minors, but only one is a boss, 2 are for the lulz, and the rest are cause Joker is a pimp
Just watched Justice League vs The Fatal 5, no Endgame but it good
Funniest Batman in years
Wth has been going on?
LEGO Batman is funnier

Noipoi

Howdy!
There's a bunch of birds in the sky
And some ****posts went marching by
There's an arena open-oh wait now it's dead
Just another Friday night in my quiet, Social thread

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what I want? A full on Pokémon game with over 100 mons. But with battles like Pokkén. Obviously not every mon would be an active fighter, some would be support. But I think it would be a great alternative for those who aren’t fans of turn based battles.

That it they can finally give us that Mewtwo M-Rated Hack-N-Slash we all want deep down.

TJ919

Smash Journeyman
Antony Del Rio (the best Pit and Blue Beetle) is a very funny guy on YouTube (though everything he does can easily be applied to Pit)

Something Kid Icarus related...Imma never stop until I get it right (no matter how long it takes)

there will be some more who wanna **** minors, but only one is a boss, 2 are for the lulz, and the rest are cause Joker is a pimp

LEGO Batman is funnier
Oh **** you right, How dare I let that golden slip my mind

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

In case you weren't aware, back in the late 90's when the book series just hit big, Nintendo of America was working on a pitch for a potential Harry Potter game in order to possibly secure the franchise rights. However, in the end, the rights went to Warner Bros, as J.K. Rowling preferred the aspect of a film franchise rather than a video game one. Once the video game rights went up for sale, they tried again, however EA was ultimately chosen as unlike Nintendo and the other bidder Microsoft, they would make the games multi platform.

Dang, that would have been something.

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
I enjoy the Three Houses main theme. I'm guessing it's the choice to add electronic music-inspired elements to the song that annoys people? I don't see the issue, honestly. If the composers want to experiment with genre, let them. It's always more fun that way. I found it jarring when I heard the electric guitar in Heritors of Arcadia for the first time, as that clashed with my expectations for a Fire Emblem song at the time.

I guess I'm just past the point of caring about strict adherence to genre in this sort of thing. Variety is always more interesting (except in cases where consistency of style contributes to the game's overall theme or presentation, e.g. Okami, Cuphead, MadWorld, etc.).

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
In other news, I read this from a recent article about Fire Emblem: Three Houses.

...I really hope this doesn't imply you can **** your student.

C'mon, Intelligent. This is the first FE game I'm actually interested in, aside from the god awful main theme. You're SO close to victory and stamping out the **** I don't like in recent FE games.

View attachment 212994
What if

What if

It happens anyway

:halfsheep:

D

Deleted member

Oh I'm not.

I want to see how many fans are willing to put up with this level of degeneracy before they finally do something and IS gets a hint.
They were fine with Fates, they were fine with TMS#FE, they were fine with FEH, and I think they're going to be fine with 3H.
I mean, I've been out of the dark on Fire Emblem and Three Houses will be my first ever game and intro into the series, so I don't have the same sentiments as you, Opo, TPC and the rest do.

However, I DO share the sentiments for Tokyo Mirage Sessions, because I genuinely wanted that game to be my introduction into BOTH SMT and FE. The fact I got iDOLM@STER ****ed Persona almost makes me wonder if someone can sue Atlus and Intelligent for what essentially is false advertising, cause this ain't what I wanted. Sucks, especially now that my introduction to SMT and Persona are gonna be way far off in the next three - five years, most likely.

My main problems I've ever had with IS is with Paper Mario, and how they can't seem to catch a ****ing clue, honestly.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
You know what I want? A full on Pokémon game with over 100 mons. But with battles like Pokkén. Obviously not every mon would be an active fighter, some would be support. But I think it would be a great alternative for those who aren’t fans of turn based battles.

That it they can finally give us that Mewtwo M-Rated Hack-N-Slash we all want deep down.
What do you mean? Mewtwo tearing apart scientists in a lab and perhaps other Pokemon elsewhere? Something like that?

D

Deleted member

Just finished watching the video and that certainly would've been interesting I wonder how the franchise would've translated into Games mechanically and in terms of gameplay not just on paper.

We could've gotten Harry Potter in Smash which would've been hilarious too.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey guys sorry I haven't been active here for a few days. I've been busy but what's up? What we currently talking about? DLC speculation or something as usual?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Artist tried to keep the eyes big while going for more realistic shapes, think on the Alita movie. One can pull more seductive stares with that but here looks a bit goofy.
I hate to say this about her, I love her and all, but she should stick to drawing mens faces pff

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I’m not ashamed to say I pretty much adore the IDEA of the shipping part of the recent fire emblem games... just not so much the uh

Execution

I’m a sucker for love plot

Not a sucker for that level of uncomfortable realizations

I’m not a shipper but I do like seeing character interactions so intimately

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom