• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

These dudes are on fire now:
-Another Dr. Goku season in the making
-The Nappa stuff
-And getting the original Latin American VAs for Thanos, the real Goku, Lapis Lazuli, Peridot and Ash Ketchum.
Damn, I need to catch up. Piccolo being a Psychologist and Vegeta a Proctologist, really cracked me up.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I’m back. Did you miss me? (ha, good one Dylly)
How are you all?

I have a lot of things I need to address with people, but for now, I really need to get some rest. Apologies.
I’ll see you all later.
Heya! Don't worry, you're more likable than some of the folks that have been hanging in this thread recently. I will await the full story on what you're going through.

In the meantime:

conglaturation-you-have-completed-a-great-game-and-pro-oved-3697986.png

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I gotta go to work but I'm still betting on Carol x Rhodes being adapted into film. There's gotta be some motivation for her to go ape**** mad. Or maybe Rhodes getting paralyzed was meant to be that bit from the first Civil War movie? I don't know what goes on in the minds of the Russos, those ****ers do whatever they want.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Because
  1. Sega's holding company is only interested in low-risk, high-reward scenarios. Sega hasn't been allowed to be experimental in like a decade+.
  2. NiGHTS only has two games total in its 24 year history.
  3. Yuji Naka, the brain behind the games, left Sega years ago and has publicly stated he has no interest in working on his old Sega properties.
NiGHTS is one of the first games I ever remember beating and it was absolutely magical. I ****ing love the series. But there's not a public demand for the series overwhelming enough for Sega to care. They barely even sell official merchandise and haven't done anything with the franchise since releasing an "HD remaster" (it's just the Japan-exclusive PS2 remaster repackaged) on 360/PS3/Steam in 2008. That's eleven years of nothing.

People complain about droughts in here. Try being a ****ing NiGHTS fan.

The worst thing than being a NiGHTS fan is being a Klonoa fan.

"Funny" though how two franchise about dreams and the like both get treated horribly by their companies.

Guess Sega & Namco don't like dreaming.:drshrug:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just found him thoroughly uninteresting, his movie being just 'pretty effects' for the most part to me doesn't help either. Mordo's going to need more development and I want Dormammu to be an ***
I can understand why you'd think the movie wasn't all that good but the Character himself? I love my boy Doctor Strange and I find the Character really interesting.

The criticisms against Mordo and Dormammu I can understand as Dormammu had a lot of potential which was sort of squandered and Mordo could be better but the Dr. himself is super cool, I like his character progression from an arrogant and selfish jerk to a wise and bad*** magician.

I like his powers and design, I like his personality, I like his personal story, Etc. What don't you like about the character himself?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 211729
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's gonna be a random unnamed civilian, cause if we can't get Carol and Valkyrie together, for who the latter is canonically bi, then what's the point
I'm assuming from this tweet that the character in question is only into same sex people. Otherwise, he would have specified bi. I doubt they'll go into it seriously in Endgame so I doubt there will be an arc where a character realizes their sexuality. Therefore, I doubt this will be anything more than a simple reference to sexuality or a single shot of them kissing someone.

Running down the list of characters who have had relationships with the opposite sex:
Cap America is explicitly straight
Iron Man is dating Patti or whatever her name was.
Thor had a girlfriend in his first two movies, I think
Bruce Banner and Black Widow were a thing at one point
Hawkeye has a family and is straight
Scarlet and Vision want to **** each other so they're out.
Black Panther has a bride.
The bald spear lady who works for Black Panther had a husband in Black Panther
Spiderman is straight.
Quill and Gamora are a thing
Mantis and gray dude are a thing probably.
Antman has a family
I think Steve mentioned that Bucky was a guy who wanted to charm women back in his day during Civil War

So if I'm not forgetting anyone, that leaves us with:
Black Panther's sister
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nebula
Loki?
Doctor Strange and his sidekick? (I didn't watch his movie) @faygoshill tells me he had a girlfriend for a bit
War Machine (Don't really know if he's married)
Falcon (I don't give a **** about Falcon to know if he's married)
Does Captain Marvel have anything?
And I guess Thanos

If I had to take a guess, they'll make this character human so they can be super relatable or some crap like that. That crosses out Groot, Rocket, and maybe Thanos.

I'm gambling on Strange because Benedict or Black Panther's sister because she's already super likable, so far ambiguous, and easy to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I'm assuming from this tweet that the character in question is only into same sex people. Otherwise, he would have specified bi. I doubt they'll go into it seriously in Endgame so I doubt there will be an arc where a character realizes their sexuality. Therefore, I doubt this will be anything more than a simple reference to sexuality or a single shot of them kissing someone.

Running down the list of characters who have had relationships with the opposite sex:
Spiderman is straight.
Mantis and gray dude are a thing.
Antman has a family
I think Steve mentioned that Bucky was a guy who wanted to charm women back in his day during Civil War

Black Panther's sister
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nebula
Loki?
Doctor Strange and his sidekick? (I didn't watch his movie)
And I guess Thanos

If I had to take a guess, they'll make this character human so they can be super relatable or some crap like that. That crosses out Groot, Rocket, and maybe Thanos.

I'm gambling on Strange because Benedict or Black Panther's sister because she's already super likable, so far ambiguous, and easy to work with.
Thanos. Don't be a fool. It's gonna be him and we all know it

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can understand why you'd think the movie wasn't all that good but the Character himself? I love my boy Doctor Strange and I find the Character really interesting.

The criticisms against Mordo and Dormammu I can understand as Dormammu had a lot of potential which was sort of squandered and Mordo could be better but the Dr. himself is super cool, I like his character progression from an arrogant and selfish jerk to a wise and bad*** magician.

I like his powers and design, I like his personality, I like his personal story, Etc. What don't you like about the character himself?
He felt too much like an ass and we've kinda seen his story before in the MCU. I could be wrong about this but his accident felt like it was his fault for not paying attention to the damn road which removes the sympathy factor a bit.

D

Deleted member

Tell that to the Staff of Grayson.

Seriously, I only ever made custom characters in that game to apply the Premier Skins. Never bothered with anything else.
I'm not convinced that Staff of Grayson actually existed. It's just the most elaborate ruse ever pulled off by a fighting game community.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He felt too much like an *** and we've kinda seen his story before in the MCU. I could be wrong about this but his accident felt like it was his fault for not paying attention to the damn road which removes the sympathy factor a bit.
His origin of his injury isn't the focus, it's his shift as a character as he becomes less selfless. Not paying to the road but focusing on himself exmplifies it too I believe.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
I just hope Injustice 3 doesn’t get the same treatment. The grind in that game was horrible too.
Honest opinion:

I don't think we need an Injustice 3 yet. I love the Injustice games, I love DC, I love Netherrealm. But I'm worried about burnout after a new game every two years since 2011.

I say, if NRS and WB love their IP crossovers, let them do it. In its own game. Make some sort of bat**** story involving Freddy Kruger, Jason, Predator, Xenomorph, Terminator, Robocop, Neo, John McClane, Xena Warrior Princess, Buffy and whomever ****ing else they want to throw in and have a once-in-a-lifetime fanservice freakout involving every property they can possibly squeeze in.

Then come back to MK/Injustice after that break.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
NiGHTS is one of the first games I ever remember beating and it was absolutely magical. I ****ing love the series. But there's not a public demand for the series overwhelming enough for Sega to care. They barely even sell official merchandise and haven't done anything with the franchise since releasing an "HD remaster" (it's just the Japan-exclusive PS2 remaster repackaged) on 360/PS3/Steam in 2008. That's eleven years of nothing.

People complain about droughts in here. Try being a ****ing NiGHTS fan.

I can take solace in the fact that Streets of Rage and ToeJam & Earl fans finally got out of their respective hells.

• Yuji Naka, the brain behind the games, left Sega years ago and has publicly stated he has no interest in working on his old Sega properties.
So uninterested that he joined Square-Enix. It takes a special kind of emotional distancing to do that.

The worst thing than being a NiGHTS fan is being a Klonoa fan.

"Funny" though how two franchise about dreams and the like both get treated horribly by their companies.

Guess Sega & Namco don't like dreaming.:drshrug:
At least Klonoa's getting an art book. NiGHTS doesn't even have that. I'm almost convinced that Klonoa probably has more supporters for Smash than him.

Honest opinion:

I don't think we need an Injustice 3 yet. I love the Injustice games, I love DC, I love Netherrealm. But I'm worried about burnout after a new game every two years since 2011.

I say, if NRS and WB love their IP crossovers, let them do it. In its own game. Make some sort of bat**** story involving Freddy Kruger, Jason, Predator, Xenomorph, Terminator, Robocop, Neo, John McClane, Xena Warrior Princess, Buffy and whomever ****ing else they want to throw in and have a once-in-a-lifetime fanservice freakout involving every property they can possibly squeeze in.

Then come back to MK/Injustice after that break.
Yeah, I'm honestly thinking the guest fighters are actually starting to be harmful at this point. Why not save some space for other beloved MK characters. This isn't Slasher All-Stars Battle Royale or something.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Spiderman is straight.
Antman has a family

Black Panther's sister
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nebula
Loki?
And I guess Thanos

Are Mantis and Drax dating?

D

Deleted member

Alright, now FFX has taken a bit of a nosedive for me. I'm not a big fan of this whole Blitzball section and don't really know what to do, even with the tutorials.
FFIX and FFVII's side sections weren't THIS executed, at the least, but didn't feel intrusive at all.

Am I supposed to win the game? Or lose?

D

Deleted member

Spiderman is straight.
Antman has a family

Black Panther's sister
Rocket Raccoon
Groot
Nebula
Loki?
And I guess Thanos

strange had a gf for a bit so it can't be him

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Are Mantis and Drax dating?
Drax had a family and explicitly talked about how he would always tell the tale of plowing his wife.

You don't seem them because they're ****ing dead.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Drax had a family and explicitly talked about how he would always tell the tale of plowing his wife.

You don't seem them because they're ****ing dead.
Yeah I know, but in that post it said Drax and Mantis were a thing. Wanted to know if that was canon and I missed some subtext. Thought they were just friends.

D

Deleted member

He felt too much like an *** and we've kinda seen his story before in the MCU. I could be wrong about this but his accident felt like it was his fault for not paying attention to the damn road which removes the sympathy factor a bit.
I haven't watched the movie since a few years back so I can't exactly say I remember it all too much but if you were in his situation wouldn't your friends or family or whomever feel sympathy for you despite it being your own fault?

Plus it's not the focal point it's his shift to becoming more selfless.

But sure it sorta was on him and he was a bit of a **** but that's why the Ancient One wasn't all too accepting of teaching him until he proved himself and after the movie he learned his lesson.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I remember being kind of blown away by MCU Drax because the Comic incarnation of Drax (that I read back then) was a smarty pants IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom