• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
thanos is the Big Gay, and to prove it the movie will start with a 5 minute scene of him just making out with some dude

this isn't speculation, this is me having seen the leaks

D

Deleted member

thanos is the Big Gay, and to prove it the movie will start with a 5 minute scene of him just making out with some dude

You know when Thanos didn't just beat Cap when he had the chance? It's because Thanos became enamored with Cap's dashing looks.

D

Deleted member

I'm secretly afraid that people think I'm a bigot for not thinking that a gay character needs to be in a relationship cause I've been around very sensitive fandoms and places before so if anyone thinks that please don't I'm not.
True but the movie is meant to introduce me to the character, the comparison you made would be about people who already know me reacting, not to mention Strange was disliked by a lot of people in the movie because he's an *** at that point, right?

It didn't feel like enough to me

See, the Ancient One bugged me too. Her death in the movie was meant to be huge but we've only known her for a while and as a character I didn't find her interesting. I felt "Oh. Didn't expect her to die this soon" in the theatre, not "Oh god oh ****" or anything
The Ancient One admittedly bugged me too but that's not my point it's that she was hesitant to train Strange in Magic cause he seemed like a **** which is payback for not paying attention and in turn he learned to be more selfless cause of everything that happened.

Either way the car accident wasn't the focus it was him learning to be more selfless.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Changed up the sig' and decided with a new game. The Blitzball section really soured me, unfortunately, so I'm gonna switch from FFX to Tales of Vesperia.

Hope this game doesn't have any confusing, yet-at-one-point-mandatory side sections.
Blitzball is optional and only required if you want Wakka to fully complete his ultimate weapon. It is actually quite fun but it has one of the worst introductions in the franchise because SE went full idiotic with the first game. (Especially since its a pain in the ass to win it)

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I’m back. Did you miss me? (ha, good one Dylly)
How are you all?

I have a lot of things I need to address with people, but for now, I really need to get some rest. Apologies.
I’ll see you all later.
Welcome back!
How are things going?

D

Deleted member

I thought it was confirmed that Valkyrie is gay. And she's appearing in this movie so I'd imagine that's the character they're talking about. If there's a second one I'd imagine it's whoever she is romantically involved with. Hopefully.
Valkyrie is bi in the comics but there's not even subtext of that in the movie.
Iirc they even had a scene implying it but they cut it for some reason.
How am I confusing you? Simply put they can introduce a gay character but they don't need to force them into a relationship.
I don't think you understand what the problem of the only LGBT character in a 40+ movie franchise being single is but basically, it says that not only are gay people incredibly rare but the that unlike all of the many straight characters, they don't deserve a partner.
It's not uncommon and it's basically a tamer version of Bury Your Gays.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Valkyrie is bi in the comics but there's not even subtext of that in the movie.
Iirc they even had a scene implying it but they cut it for some reason.

I don't think you understand what the problem of the only LGBT character in a 40+ movie franchise being single is but basically, it says that not only are gay people incredibly rare but the that unlike all of the many straight characters, they don't deserve a partner.
Maybe being gay is just their superpower and that’s why it’s rare

D

Deleted member

The gay character is actually Deadpool. He just walks up to Tony Stark and proceeds to randomly french kiss him.

D

Deleted member

Oh okay that makes more sense I thought you were wanting them in a relationship just for the sake of it which I didn't agree with, Now I can understand and actually agree with you.

D

Deleted member

i know i said no more pretty art today, but

i was really hoping to pull off one last one
2b6a5df-1.jpg

D

Deleted member

Also I'm blanking on her name but wasn't the woman who had romantic relations with the Rhino dude in Black Panther a lesbian in the comics?
I think that was actually Black Panther's fiance(which was also a villain so uh...)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
View attachment 211729
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's gonna be a random unnamed civilian, cause if we can't get Carol and Valkyrie together, for who the latter is canonically bi, then what's the point
Wait, why Carol? Am I missing something? It can't be like Nebula or something?

Edit: Misread. Thought you were saying it didn't make sense if it wasn't Carol.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The gay character is actually Deadpool. He just walks up to Tony Stark and proceeds to randomly french kiss him.

One thing I like about movie Deadpool is that his canonical pansexuality is kept intact. It's a shame that I had bad luck with Deadpool 2 because by all means I should have loved the movie as it characterized Deadpool in the way I hoped he'd be but my theatre screwed up and made everyone wait an hour as they tried to fix the reel after the break but instead they kept hurting my eyes for 5 minutes

D

Deleted member

One thing I like about movie Deadpool is that his canonical pansexuality is kept intact. It's a shame that I had bad luck with Deadpool 2 because by all means I should have loved the movie as it characterized Deadpool in the way I hoped he'd be but my theatre screwed up and made everyone wait an hour as they tried to fix the reel after the break but instead they kept hurting my eyes for 5 minutes
i'm just visualizing the ushers poking you in the eyes every five minutes while you wait for the reel to be fixed

D

Deleted member

I just kinda wish it wasn't played for laughs because it's.
When in relation to Vanessa: *dramatic romantic plot happens*
When in relation to Colossus: "lol he grabbed his ass"

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511

Can confirm

We even see the gauntlet on Thanos' dong

D

Deleted member

Yeah that would ruin my movie experience. I'd rather have that than a kid kicking my seat throughout the movie, though.

Theaters can make the experience hit or miss, though. You ever see the live reaction videos of a movie theater for Infinity War? The movie is practically unwatchable because everyone is reacting to every part of the movie. No way I'm seeing Endgame on release in a college town full of college students

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Also I'm blanking on her name but wasn't the woman who had romantic relations with the Rhino dude in Black Panther a lesbian in the comics?
I think that was actually Black Panther's fiance(which was also a villain so uh...)
Nah, it was one of the other Dora Milaje, Ayo.
She was in Civil War and BP

Nakia's always been into BP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

wasn't rhodes in the plane strip club in im1
I don't quite remember if he was actually attracted to anyone there. Anyways, if there is a gay character in any movie, it should just be a sexuality, not a personality trait

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
So Carol could potentially be something other than straight. Neat.

Jessica Drew to the MCU when.

D

Deleted member

I would like a bisexual hero in the MCU to be honest.
A LGBT hero works too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just kinda wish it wasn't played for laughs because it's.
When in relation to Vanessa: *dramatic romantic plot happens*
When in relation to Colossus: "lol he grabbed his ***"
There's also his quip with the pizza guy in the first movie and that's before he met Vanessa. Also, Deadpool NEEDS to be in a post credits scen where everyone is eating shoarma and he goes "HOLY **** DID YOU GUYS BUY FOX? AW YES CAN'T WAIT TO FIGHT THANOS!" "We already beat him" "AW ****"
Yeah that would ruin my movie experience. I'd rather have that than a kid kicking my seat throughout the movie, though.

Theaters can make the experience hit or miss, though. You ever see the live reaction videos of a movie theater for Infinity War? The movie is practically unwatchable because everyone is reacting to every part of the movie. No way I'm seeing Endgame on release in a college town full of college students

I swear this is an American thing as the only time the theatre's been noisy for me in the last ****ing decade is incredibly excited little girls squeeing when Captain Marvel was playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom