• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Y'all leaving out Captain Marvel smh
I gotta go to work but I'm still betting on Carol x Rhodes being adapted into film. There's gotta be some motivation for her to go ape**** mad. Or maybe Rhodes getting paralyzed was meant to be that bit from the first Civil War movie? I don't know what goes on in the minds of the Russos, those ****ers do whatever they want.
I actually read the comics so I ruled her out.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can take solace in the fact that Streets of Rage and ToeJam & Earl fans finally got out of their respective hells.

So uninterested that he joined Square-Enix. It takes a special kind of emotional distancing to do that.

At least Klonoa's getting an art book. NiGHTS doesn't even have that.
Klonoa got it's movie cancel, movie who lots of fan waited for years and for alot of peoples, was the only chance in their eyes for the franchise to come back in any way in the public eyes and maybe even get a new game, and now, all of those hopes were crushed back into dust.

So really, those two franchises got it really bad in different way, which suck for everyone.:drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Yeah I know, but in that post it said Drax and Mantis were a thing. Wanted to know if that was canon and I missed some subtext. Thought they were just friends.
drax finds her incredibly ugly

maybe he's just being a tsundere though nobody really knows

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Yeah, I'm honestly thinking the guest fighters are actually starting to be harmful at this point. Why not save some space for other beloved MK characters. This isn't Slasher All-Stars Battle Royale or something.
I mean, I can only speak on my own behalf, but assuming the datamine leak is true, I'm not buying the MK11 DLC. Half of them aren't MK characters and the other half I'm not interested in.

Guest characters are cool but have some faith in your own damn product.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Klonoa got it's movie cancel, movie who lots of fan waited for years and for alot of peoples, was the only chance in their eyes for the franchise to come back in any way in the public eyes and maybe even get a new game, and now, all of those hopes were crushed back into dust.

So really, those two franchises got it really bad in different way, which suck for everyone.:drshrug:
Don't remind me. At least there's a fan site that archives the Shiftylook manga.

Next game, there needs to be a bigger Klonoa campaign. Almost certain that any other Bamco character (short of Tekken people) has an actual chance to get in over him right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, the way the Tweet was worded means there's only one gay character. Which means they're not even in a relationship. So yay for The Single Gay again. /S
the only way I'll accept that is if it's Carol

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't watched the movie since a few years back so I can't exactly say I remember it all too much but if you were in his situation wouldn't your friends or family or whomever feel sympathy for you despite it being your own fault?

Plus it's not the focal point it's his shift to becoming more selfless.

But sure it sorta was on him and he was a bit of a **** but that's why the Ancient One wasn't all too accepting of teaching him until he proved himself and after the movie he learned his lesson.
True but the movie is meant to introduce me to the character, the comparison you made would be about people who already know me reacting, not to mention Strange was disliked by a lot of people in the movie because he's an ass at that point, right?

It didn't feel like enough to me

See, the Ancient One bugged me too. Her death in the movie was meant to be huge but we've only known her for a while and as a character I didn't find her interesting. I felt "Oh. Didn't expect her to die this soon" in the theatre, not "Oh god oh ****" or anything

D

Deleted member

True but the movie is meant to introduce me to the character, the comparison you made would be about people who already know me reacting, not to mention Strange was disliked by a lot of people in the movie because he's an *** at that point, right?

It didn't feel like enough to me

See, the Ancient One bugged me too. Her death in the movie was meant to be huge but we've only known her for a while and as a character I didn't find her interesting. I felt "Oh. Didn't expect her to die this soon" in the theatre, not "Oh god oh ****" or anything
ancient one bugged me because she's supposed to be an ancient tibetan monk and they made her some celtic lady for some reason

it's textbook whitewashing

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Don't remind me. At least there's a fan site that archives the Shiftylook manga.

Next game, there needs to be a bigger Klonoa campaign. Almost certain that any other Bamco character (short of Tekken people) has an actual chance to get in over him right now.
My hopes to all the Klonoa fan out there, they really deserve something, heck, anything at this point for all of their efforts after years of being throw dust into their eyes and nothing else, same for the NiGHTS fans too.

D

Deleted member

Also, the way the Tweet was worded means there's only one gay character. Which means they're not even in a relationship. So yay for The Single Gay again. /S
Yo chill Endgame is mostly focused on the fight against Thanos and avenging the people who died in the dusting they can take it slow with the Gay character, We don't even know when they'll show up and it likely won't be a focal point of the character in the first place.

They can introduce the Gay Character in Endgame then slowly but surely build it up and put them in a relationship if the story calls for it, Sure it implies that there's only one Gay Character but that could mean that there's only one Gay Character introduced or coming out when there's more later down the line.

They can take it easy and make it natural.

D

Deleted member

Yo chill Endgame is mostly focused on the fight against Thanos and avenging the people who died in the dusting they can take it slow with the Gay character, We don't even know when they'll show up and it likely won't be a focal point of the character in the first place.

They can introduce the Gay Character in Endgame then slowly but surely build it up and put them in a relationship if the story calls for it, Sure it implies that there's only one Gay Character but that could mean that there's only one Gay Character introduced or coming out when there's more later down the line.

D4BoenCWkAAelDC.jpeg

Literally what does any of this even mean?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Sure, but this is the MCU, not the possibility of bringing something over from the comics.
Time will tell. I just believe in the main core story elements of what they're adapting. War Machine getting rekt again and having Carol flip is one of them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Changed up the sig' and decided with a new game. The Blitzball section really soured me, unfortunately, so I'm gonna switch from FFX to Tales of Vesperia.

Hope this game doesn't have any confusing, yet-at-one-point-mandatory side sections.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I thought it was confirmed that Valkyrie is gay. And she's appearing in this movie so I'd imagine that's the character they're talking about. If there's a second one I'd imagine it's whoever she is romantically involved with. Hopefully.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 211742
Literally what does any of this even mean?
How am I confusing you? Simply put they can introduce a gay character but they don't need to force them into a relationship.

You were saying that they were introducing a straight gay character in a way that you want them to be in a relationship when it's not necessary.

D

Deleted member

all i want is for cap to say avengers assemble

just this once

please mr. russo one and mr. russo two

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Losing my ****ing mind at the capitalization of Gay Character

D

Deleted member

Man the next three days are going to be crazy. Persona 5 R, Persona 5 S, and then everyone spoils Endgame for me while I wait for my friends to get back to me on movie plans.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I thought it was confirmed that Valkyrie is gay. And she's appearing in this movie so I'd imagine that's the character they're talking about. If there's a second one I'd imagine it's whoever she is romantically involved with. Hopefully.
She's Bi but they Rowling'd it

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I’m back. Did you miss me? (ha, good one Dylly)
How are you all?

I have a lot of things I need to address with people, but for now, I really need to get some rest. Apologies.
I’ll see you all later.
Eyyy, welcome back!

View attachment 211729
There was a problem fetching the tweet

It's gonna be a random unnamed civilian, cause if we can't get Carol and Valkyrie together, for who the latter is canonically bi, then what's the point
Implying deleting the previous tweet will avoid speculation.

D

Deleted member

You even wonder why you are still alive?
I have things I enjoy and people I like, and they have meaning to me even when I have nothing to pursue. I survive because of them. Equally, a project I really want to pursue is a good way to get me moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom